Status: Hoping to upload a chapter every Saturday, a little weekend treat :)

Getting Surreal

XXXXV

Over the next few days, there wasn’t too much free time for anything with the My Chemical Romance camp needing to get everything done and squared away with Warped Tour before moving on to begin their stint with Alkaline Trio. Stressful though it may have been, Becks found herself kind of enjoying the pace of work with the constant go-go-go keeping her worries about the future at bay for the time being.

And then there was the heart-halting, blush bringing, and overall butterfly-escapade-in-stomach making fact that Mikey kept showering her in all sorts of affection whenever he could spare a moment that had Becks in a near constant giddy state throughout everything.

How had she gotten so lucky? She’d only ever dated a couple guys before, and they were both complete assholes that would take whatever she could give and would give nothing back. If she was being honest with herself, she’d admit that she had maybe, just maybe been on the brink of not believing in love or the fact that there were genuinely good, respectful, and doting guys out there. But here she was, and here she’d been, really, living in close quarters with a group of the nicest, sweetest, and most caring guys she’d ever met.

Ray was always willing to sacrifice his time to sit and listen to whatever anybody had to say. Over the last six months, Becks had always found a sense of peace and calm whenever her big-haired friend was around. She also really loved talking to him about guitars and gear, and he remained as insistent as he had been on day one that he believed she should keep playing herself, and not just give up and choose a different avenue.

Bob. Oh man, Bob. That guy was a riot and you never really knew what you’d be getting with him. But once you get around his tough exterior, Becks had learned that he was a really sensitive, quiet kind of guy that, on more than one occasion, had shown up randomly to deliver some chocolate to her on days that she hadn’t been in the best of moods, in an attempt to cheer her up. An attempt which he then, promptly, told her he would kill her and deny everything if she told anybody.

Becks smiled up at the ceiling of her bunk as she thought about it. Bob had brought her a king-sized Kit Kat a week before, and she had the remains stashed under her pillow for safekeeping.

“Hey,” Bob’s voice called to her from the door to the back lounge.

Becks looked up and gave a small smile, her brow furrowing in wonder at what he wanted. “Hey,” she replied.

There was a small silence, then, where Bob stared awkwardly at has feet, obviously trying to figure out what to say and Becks watched him expectably and with a sense of amusement.

“Um,”Bob finally choked out, blinking at his feet then looking towards Becks but never quite catching her eye. “I, uh…I knew you were having a…kinda rough day the other day,” he was mumbling and shuffling his feet awkwardly, and Becks bit her lip in an attempt to not smile wider at his endearing actions. “I got you…this.”

He looked up and his face was screwed up in a sort of wince like he was expecting her to be upset or something, but Becks glanced at what he was holding out to her (he had managed to shuffle his way across the room and in front of her), and she finally let a broad smile escape across her face.

“Bob!” She exclaimed, standing up and taking the chocolate bar from him. “I love Kit Kats!”

“I, uh… I know.” He was still wincing, but was looking a little pleased with himself at the same time and truly, that expression on his gruff face was almost comical.

Without giving him a warning, Becks grabbed him in a tight hug, and he finally eased up a little,hugging her back.

“Thank you,” Becks said quietly, giving his back a couple pats before pulling away.

Bob gave her a shadow of a smile and an awkward sort of head nod. “No problem.” He started to walk away and froze at the door, casting a look back at Becks, who froze in place, crouched as she reached for the chocolate. “You tell anyone, I’ll have to kill you.”

Becks stared at him for a hard second then smiled. “My lips are sealed.” She said, miming zipping up her lips.

Bob just nodded then left, closing the door after him, leaving Becks to happily munch on some candy.


Becks laughed to herself as she thought about the memory and then how Frank had come back to join her for some video games a little later on, asking where she had gotten her candy.

She snuck a hand under her pillow and broke off a bar, munching slowly as she continued to stare the ceiling, contemplating the guys.

Frank. God, Frank. Where would she be without the tiny, hyper guitar player? ‘Not here, having the time of my life, that’s where,’ she thought. Smiling, she recalled the very first night she met him and how awkwardly he’d proposed paying her, a girl he knew absolutely nothing about, to live on a bus with him and his friends and tune his guitars for eight months.

Becks still wasn’t sure what the hell made her agree, but she knew she wouldn’t have had it any other way.

Here she was, in her bunk in September, seven months later, still working happily for him. And fuck, she loved the little dick. He never failed to make her smile, with his shitty jokes. With his open and honest heart that he wore on his sleeve and she couldn’t find a way to not find it endearing. With his way of raising hell and always managing to be the life of the party. Frank was such a good guy.

And the way he was so obviously head-over-heels in love with his awesome freaking girlfriend? Becks’ idea that men couldn’t possibly love a girl for more than sex started diminishing the moment she got to know him.

But it was the Way brothers. Yeah, that crazy pair of brothers were the main instrument in saving her hopes for men, through their care, their patience, and just…the way the fucking were and went through life, she supposed.

Gerard. From day one, Gerard was a rock to Becks. She knew he had a ton of shit in his background. She didn’t know too much (out of respect, she didn’t want to pry), but what she did know, she knew he had every right to be perhaps the worst human train wreck on the planet. But he wasn’t. Gerard may have shit in his history, but he still loved so deeply, cared so wholeheartedly, and lived so openly.

It was never too much for him to sit and talk to anybody (her, a friend, every fan in the crowd) for hours and hours on end. Becks didn’t know how he did it. He was just…. She was truly at a loss for words when it came to the front man of this quirky band with a habit of dark themes. He was on his own level, and her respect for him couldn’t be higher.

Becks shifted in her bunk, sitting up and leaning against the wall and kind of squeezed into the corner, finding herself a more comfortable position as she allowed her thoughts to wander to the last person in the band. The one that made her heart race and her stomach feel like she was on a roller coaster. The one that, single handedly, changed her skewed views.

Mikey.

Becks felt her stomach flutter as she thought about him. The way that he gave those tiny little half smiles. The way that he was shy and confident all at the same time. The way he would always drop whatever he was doing to help boost somebody’s mood; always there to cheer somebody up. The way he was always so particular about his hair, but whenever he woke up, it was always sticking out everywhere and it always took him forever to realize it. The way he was super nerdy even if he looked like a rockstar. The way his eyes were mismatched and Becks always lost a large percentage of higher brain function when she caught his gaze….

Fuck!” She hissed out to nobody.

She had been so lost in her thoughts about the attractive bass player that her head had slipped from its place against the back wall and whacked against the one adjoining.

“Moron,” she muttered to herself, clutching at the side of her head. Once the pain had subsided a little, she let out a tiny laugh and shook her head at her idiocy.

She was about to let her thoughts wander again to Mikey when she heard a lot of commotion break out up front and, always curious, decided to go check it out, feeling like maybe she should give each of the guys a big hug for being so great.

And maybe giving Mikey a little something more.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm off on a mini trip to go see some cool bands in a cool town, so I'm throwing this up a little early.

Lemme know what you guys think! Everything still good/readable/entertaining?

And I hope my breakdowns of the guys are still consistent and believable?

Hope you enjoyed :)