Enchanted

Tale As Old As Time

There's always one person that has to fuck everything up for everyone else. One person that's just so power hungry, they can't be bothered to follow the rules. I loathed those people, because they made shit hard for the rest of us.

I wanted a normal life, but being born the way I was....normal wasn't in my vocabulary. I was short and strong, intelligent and quick, fierce and unforgiving.

I was a shadowhunter and a faerie; the product of an unfortunate match of two people that loved to break the rules. My parents spat in the face of normality, and I was the result. I was unusual, with the combined strength and magic of the Nephilim and the downworlders. I could do things most shadowhunters couldn't, and that made me dangerous. It also put a target on my back.

The Circle was something we were forbidden to talk about, but I knew more than I should have. I was excellent at getting information out of people, and it often got me into trouble, but I saw the signs before anyone else caught on to what was happening. Shadowhunters were disappearing. Mundanes were turning up dead left and right. Demons were going rogue. The Clave had a problem on their hands.

So when word got out that Valentine was still alive and looking for the mortal cup, my mother sent me to the only place she knew I'd be safe....New York.

Jocelyn Fray was my mother's oldest friend, and she was supposed to be meeting me at JFK, so when I got off my plane and saw that she wasn't waiting for me, I knew something was wrong.