Every Once in a While

13.

It had only been about 3 hours since Poe left, in that amount of time I had at least hoped that it would have stopped raining. It didn't, and my clothes weren't dry either. I wasn't going to leave this room only wearing a shirt. I also couldn't get comfortable in such an unfamiliar room. There was no way I was going to fall asleep. I couldn't keep my mind off Poe, I was hoping that I would bump into him tomorrow. I wasn't sure if he would be gone long, I'm sure he didn't know how long he would be either. I walked into the bathroom, grabbing my wet clothes and slipping them on hesitantly. There was no way I was going to get any sleep in Poe's bed, I just wasn't used to it. I probably wouldn't mind it if Poe was there to share the bed with, I'd take a rain check on that.

It wasn't pouring or hailing, so the walk to my room wasn't too bad. I had discarded my wet clothes and set them near the heater. I changed into warm pj's and hopped into my bed, making sure not glance at the clock. I didn't want to know the amount of hours I had left before I had to be up for work.

Whatever sleep I had gotten in wasn't enough. I was sitting on the edge of my bed in my towel, I resisted the urge to lie back. A 30 minute nap would suffice, but I knew all too well that if I went back to sleep there was no way I would be getting back up. I stood up, drying myself off completely before getting dressed into an over sized long sleeved grey shirt and black leggings. I walked back into the small bathroom to fix my hair. I didn't have any time to dry if, I decided on a neat braid. I scurried back into the main part of my room, scanning the floor for my boots. I walked over the kitchen counter, consuming my now cold tea. I shook my head as I felt the once warm beverage make it's way down my throat. I slipped my jacket on, before getting on my knees to retrieve my boots from under my bed. I slipped them on as quickly as possible. I wobbled out the door, still trying to adjust my boots. The ground was still slippery from last night's rain fall, I was definitely having trouble keeping my feet grounded.

My morning was pretty slow but I got quite busy once noon rolled by. I had even skipped out on having lunch just so that my work load wouldn't pile up. I was currently prepping a room that would soon be occupied by a pilot fresh out of surgery. I had placed new sheets on the bed and made sure to walk about the room to see if everything was acceptable. I walked over to the tall sink, washing my hands thoroughly before exiting the room.

"Isla." Noa was standing in the hallway, right across from the room I was in. I stood in the door way, nodding at him slightly. Noa didn't seem too happy with me last night, I was hoping he felt the same today. I had things I had to do, things that the doctors didn't bother doing. I really didn't have any time to be distracted.

"Hi." I said, before making my way into the large supply closet, I grabbed another set of clean sheets and pillow cases. I was hoping to walk out into an empty hallway, but Noa hadn't moved an inch. He hadn't caught my look of annoyance, he was too busy flipping through the small tablet in his hands. The next room that needed inspection was located directly behind Noa. I wondered if he blocked the door in spite of me.

"I gotta get in there." I lifted the sheets in my arms and motioned towards the room behind him.

"Oops." He reached over to the door, "Sorry." He smirked as I walked past him. I was starting to think that Noa couldn't go a day without annoying me. I didn't want to assume, but I was starting to think he was doing it on purpose now.

I wasn't too happy the next morning, I was worried about Poe and I also didn't want anything to do with Noa. I was definitely grumpy. I would give cheering up a shot during lunch, I was just hoping Jules wouldn't be too busy today, if she even happened to be on the base. Maybe none of the pilots were on the base, maybe they were needed for whatever important mission Poe had went on. I was driving myself crazy, it surely wasn't normal to worry over someone as much as I had done in the last 24 hours. I knew I couldn't discredit Poe, he was the resistance's best pilot, meaning I shouldn't be worried.

Keep telling yourself that.

I was standing at the front desk, messing around on my very own tablet. They were mandatory now and it was taking me longer than most to get the hang of them. I was used to doing all my work on paper. The droids went on and on about how it made things much easier, it was nothing but a nuisance if you asked me. I had given up on the tablet in frustration, glancing out the doors. I was hoping I would catch a glimpse of Poe, but I didn't of course. What could he be doing? Shouldn't he be back by now? If he wasn't home by tomorrow, I wasn't sure if I would be able to function.

"Isla, can you get this thing to work?" Noa asked, coming up behind me. I jumped slightly, I didn't even hear him come in. He set his tablet next to mine. "I'm assuming it crashed."

I would have probably said yes but I was having my own issues with these damn tablets. "I don't even know how to work mine." I shook my head at him. "Isn't there a manual lying around?"

"Yep." He slid a small but lengthy booklet towards me.

"Did you read it?" I quirked an eyebrow. I wasn't exactly busy but I wasn't some little secretary that everyone could push their work load off onto.

He shrugged a shoulder, "Couple pages."

"Can't you ask.....a droid? A tech? Someone other than me?" If 'think before you use that tone of voice' was a thing, I had definitely over looked it. I was slightly annoyed, but I didn't mean to sound like it. Noa didn't seem to approve of my response. His facial features had hardened, giving off an authoritative look. He had started to say something but we heard a faint, robotic, voice calling for him. I walked away from him and into the backroom, I was glad that one of the droids had needed Noa for something. I wasn't what Noa was planning to say, but it couldn't have been anything good.

I was in the back room, mostly because I was hiding from Noa. I wouldn't say I was afraid of he had to say, but it wasn't something I would go looking for. I was flipping through the manual, but not to help Noa. I was trying to figure out how to transfer data onto other tablets from my own. I had my elbows resting a top the sleek table, my hands cradling my face as I read. I hadn't even heard anyone walk into the room, so when I was yanked roughly out of my chair, I was patently shocked. Noa had turned me around, gripping my arms in the exact spot where he had grabbed me to pull me up. I winced slightly.

"You're hurting me." I whispered. His vice like grip moved down so that he was holding my elbows, that way I couldn't move my arms around to try and push him off.

"What is your problem?!" I spat. I was clenching my fists, trying to figure out if it was possible to land any hits on him. He was holding onto my arms so tight that I was sure he would leave marks.

"Don't you ever just do what you're told?" He sounded eerily calm. "Didn't we just talk about how you should-"

"Why don't we talk about how you're hurting me!" I moved my arms up quickly, managing to only yank my left arm out of his grasp. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I grabbed his wrist with my free hand, I dug my nails into his skin, hoping he would loosen his grip.

"Stop that." He took hold of my wrist, pinning it to my side. I didn't want anyone to see us, but I had started to panic. I could easily kick him and make a run for it but even then I wouldn't be able to leave work.

"I took it fairly well when you rejected me. I let it slide, but I won't let you defy me, Isla." Defy? What the hell was he talking about? He had gotten so worked up because I didn't do as he wanted me to?

"I'm not your fucking maid." I struggled against his grip, "I get my job done everyday, if you don't like the way I talk to you then maybe you should....stop talking to me."

I scoffed slightly, "I never had feelings for you, Noa. I was never playing hard to get. I knew there was something off about you. You aren't doing very well at proving me wrong."

"Yes, you were." He went back to gripping my upper arms. "No girl acts the way you did if they didn't have any feelings."

"I was being nice." I groaned.

"More like you were being a tease."

I kneed him as hard as I could, when he doubled over I shrugged out of his grip. "I'm not a tease." I replied angrily, "Don't ever do that again," I grabbed my things and scurried towards the door, "Or I'll have to let General Organa know that one of her doctors has a problem with keeping his hands to himself."

I walked out of the med bay as fast as I could, I wasn't even worried about the consequences. I would come up with an excuse if any the med droids had come around to look for me. I wasn't going to stay there, not with Noa around.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks GlasgowXsmile for commenting (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ

so this one is a bit short, but ya know I threw some drama in. Hope it wasn't too boring.

thanks for reading!x