Every Once in a While

23.

Isla was thanking the skies up above for allowing her to remember the trail she had traveled on to get to the cantina. That didn't mean that her walk back to her room was easy, Isla was sloppy. If there were any walls around, then she would sure be using them for support. Isla found herself stopping every so often, she didn't know it was possible to feel even more drunk. The floor was a dark blur, and Isla found herself slowing down just to make sure she wouldn't fall. Slowing down was something Isla didn't want to do, she was determined to make it to her room before Poe caught up to her. Isla had almost forgotten all about being embarrassed, she was preoccupied with staying up straight. The soft, full grass under her feet seemed oddly comfortable, if she wasn't trying to avoid Poe, she would have definitely took some time to enjoy it.

It wasn't long before Isla emerged from the dark area surrounded by tall trees, she took several deep breaths, making sure she was walking as straight possible. The last thing she needed was for someone to see that she was intoxicated. Isla could have sworn that she had heard footsteps, but when she turned there was no one in sight.

"Walk fast, walk fast, walk fast." Isla chanted to herself as she picked up the pace, she was grateful that it was so late, meaning that everyone should be asleep by now. Isla knew she wasn't fooling anyone, if someone were to spot her they would know that she had a couple drinks. Even with all her trying, Isla couldn't walk a straight line. None of that mattered, though, Isla was only a couple rooms away from her own. There she could try and sober up, Isla decided that a shower sounded like a good idea, also drinking lots of water.

Isla fumbled with her key, envying everyone who was lucky to live in one of the newer rooms that used key cards instead of outdated keys. Isla dropped her keys several times before finally getting the door open. Isla kicked her boots off, they flew up into the air and then plopped onto the ground loudly. She shrugged off her jacket, shaking her arm vigorously as it was stuck in the sleeve. Much slower than usual, but Isla did succeed in undressing, not without a couple fumbles and a lot of swearing. She walked into her small kitchen, now only in her undergarments and socks. Isla chugged two glasses of water, hoping that it would somehow suffice for the alcoholic beverages she had consumed earlier. Isla was about to head into the bathroom for a shower when she heard a knock, she figured it had to be Poe.

"What?" Isla asked, walking over to the door but not opening it. She turned her around, scanning her room for an article of clothing to slip on. She grabbed a cardigan from her desk chair, slipping it on and, Isla fumbled with the buttons. The knocking never ceased, and it had only made Isla more annoyed.

"Isla, open up."

Isla swung the door open, narrowing her eyes on Poe. "I thought I said I wanted to be alone?"

"I thought I asked you to wait for me." It was Poe's turn to narrow his eyes.

"I didn't need you to walk me, I got back in one piece, didn't I?" Isla tilted her head to the side, her lips forming into a tight smile.

"You can't answer the door like...that." Poe groaned, looking down at Isla's attire.

"Who else would be knocking on my door at this time?" Isla defended, glancing down at herself. The cardigan wasn't covering much up, but she couldn't care less. "You can't see anything, not really."

"Your top button just came undone." Poe raised his eyebrows, pointing at Isla's chest. Poe reached over, buttoning up her cardigan, his hands held onto the material of her cardigan. Poe was staring down at her, and Isla didn't mind one bit. His hands finally moved down to her waist, pushing her back into her room. He shut the door with his foot.

"Don't. Don't do this right now." Poe said, almost too quietly.

"Do what?" Isla asked, scrunching up her features in confusion. She was starting to feel like herself again, but Isla knew she still wasn't capable of walking a straight line. Isla set her hands on Poe's shoulders, mostly for support.

"Don't be annoyed at me," Poe gave her a squeeze.

"I have to leave in the morning, Isla." Isla sighed, it wasn't as if she wasn't aware that he was leaving. "I'd like to leave on good terms."

"Why?" Isla asked quickly, crossing her arms over her chest, something about Poe's tone was questionable.

"What kind of question is that?" His hands moved behind her so that he was hugging her body into his.

"Leave on good terms, for what?" Isla shrugged, "Just sounds like you're thinking the worst."

"Well, I have to. This mission is different, it's big." Poe shook his head softly, "I want to leave tomorrow and know that you aren't angry at me."

"I'm not angry." Isla groaned, feeling her cheeks heat up. It was true, Isla would be over her embarrassment by tomorrow morning, there was a slight chance that she wouldn't even remember most of the night. "I was embarrassed, for being annoyed at you back at the cantina, and it didn't help that you found me so funny either."

"I'm sorry if you felt left out, that's partly my fault, I just sort of forget about anything else when piloting comes up in a conversation. I'm not sorry for finding you amusing." He smirked. Isla began to pull away, huffing when Poe's grip only got tighter.

"It only made me even more annoyed at you, Dameron."

"But you were so cute back there." He smiled down at her, "Mad and all, your face scrunches up and you like to narrow your pretty brown eyes."

"Don't try and sweet talk your way out of this one."

"There you go," Poe's left hand left her waist, he motioned towards her face, "You're doing it right now."

"Well, get over it. The next time I'm mad at you, you better take me seriously."

"Next time?" Poe hummed, arching an eyebrow.

"Yes," Isla nodded her head firmly, "It's bound to happen."

"I'll try and be on my best behavior, babe." Poe was smirking now, "I don't even know if you're aware but you're making it very hard to leave." Isla smiled, uncrossing her arms, placing her hands on Poe's chest.

"Maybe I want you to stay."

"The damn button keeps coming undone." Poe threw his head back, taking a deep breath. Isla glanced down at her chest, more exposed than ever.

"Good." Isla wrapped her arms around Poe's neck, pressing herself onto him. She stood up on her tip toes, pressing a kiss onto his neck.

"It's late, I have to be up early." His words were contradicting his actions, Poe moved his head down pressing kisses onto Isla's shoulder, his hands moving under her cardigan and up her back, making Isla shiver.

"But you promised me..." Isla mumbled into his neck, "You're back, who knows what'll happen right? What if you're super busy after you're done with this mission."

"Isla, you've been drinking." He bit down onto her shoulder, Isla gasped, squirming slightly. "You were drunk."

"Not anymore." Isla whined. She just wanted him, she wanted him before he had to leave tomorrow morning, "I'm fine."

"I don't know," Poe sighed, he dropped his hands, no longer holding Isla close. "We should wait." Isla closed her eyes, letting out another whine.

"But I want you." It was quiet, Poe was looking over at Isla, Isla thought it looked as if he was contemplating his choice. "I'll keep the cardigan on." Isla added softly, Poe's eyes traveled down to her arms. His lips formed into a tight line.

"Is the room spinning? Did you drink water? Can you walk a straight line?"

"No," Isla shook her head, "Yes," She nodded, "I can, if that's what it takes." Isla smiled up at him, loosening her grip on his neck. Poe relaxed slightly, his hands came up to grasp her face, his thumbs were rubbing softly at her skin.

"You don't look drunk."

"Because I'm not." Poe still wasn't convinced, Isla rolled her eyes at him.

"Do I have to beg?" She asked, looking straight into his eyes. Poe let out a low groan. "Fine, we don't have to." She sighed in defeat, thinking quietly for a couple of seconds, "Will you at least let me do something for you?" She asked slowly, almost cautiously.

"Isla." Poe said through gritted teeth.

"I want to. It won't take me long," She shrugged her shoulders, moving her head to the side to press a kiss onto his palm, "You'll be back in your room in no time." She glanced back over at him. Poe pulled her in for a kiss, grasping her face in both of his hands.

"Is that a yes?" Isla asked when they pulled away from each other. Poe still had her face in his hands, Isla waited patiently as Poe scanned her face over, probably trying to detect a sign of her previous inebriated state. "I'm not drunk, Dameron. Now let go of me so that I can get down on my-"

"I still think you're drunk. I never knew you were such a dirty talker-"

"So now you know, let go." Isla tried to shrug him off, Isla was slightly astounded that she didn't feel embarrassed. Isla never considered herself to be a 'dirty talker', maybe the drinks from earlier were to blame. "Poe!" Isla exclaimed, "You can't say you don't want me to."

"Why not?" He asked slowly, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Because I can sort of feel you."

"Sorry." Poe moved a couple inches away from her, his face had started to turn a light red shade.

"I'm not." Damn, what has gotten into you, Isla? Bold Isla was something Poe wasn't used to, Isla could tell by the slightly surprised expression that adorned his face. Isla wasn't used to being so bold either, but she wanted him so bad.

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to, Isla." Poe said sternly.

"I know," She nodded, "But wouldn't you rather remember this, not me being mad at you? I think it's safe to say that you'll be leaving me on good terms."

"Fuck." He sighed. Isla smiled, that was definitely a green light. Poe was no longer holding her face, his hands were fumbling with his belt. Isla waited patiently, watching him carefully.

"Let's go to the bed, that way you don't have to kneel on the cold ground."

"Thoughtful." Isla smiled.

Poe was down to his boxers, he struggled with taking is shoes off in order to slide his pants off. Isla sat on the edge of bed, smiling at him.

"Sorry." He smiled sheepishly, he walked over to her, taking her into his arms once more. He leaned down slightly, putting a hand under Isla's chin, making it so that she was looking up at him. "Are you sure about this?"

Isla nodded, closing the gap between them, pressing a soft kiss onto his lips, "I'm sure." She took hold of his hands, pulling him down so that he was sitting next to her. Isla made sure to not stray on her thoughts, she was starting to feel the jittery, excited feeling in the pit of her stomach. She also didn't want to blurt out that it had been while since she had done this, Poe didn't need to know about that. Isla pushed him back so that he was lying on his back, Isla kissed his down his chest, mumbling softly about how he should take his shirt off. Poe sat up quickly, startling Isla. He grabbed his black shirt, pulling it off with ease. Isla went back to work, leaving soft kisses on his naked chest. She reached up with her hand, making sure that Poe was lying flat. Isla made her way down to kiss the skin right above his boxers. Poe's hips wiggled impatiently. Isla brought her hand up slowly, taking a hold of his already hard member.

"You sure you aren't drunk?" Poe asked, moving his hand down to caress Isla's cheek. Isla looked up slightly, meeting his eyes,

"Positive but I think I can walk a straight line." Isla offered.

"No," Poe took hold of her shoulder, "I believe you."

Isla pulled his boxers down slowly and he helped her kick them off. Isla looked back up at Poe, stroking him gently.

"Yeah?" He asked.

Isla shrugged slightly, her cheeks heating up, "You're just so...hot?" Isla wasn't sure what to say, hot didn't really personify a naked Poe Dameron. Everything about him was impressive, or more so every part of him was impressive.

"Is that a question?" He breathed out.

"No." Isla kissed the wet tip, moving so that she was supporting herself with her elbows. Isla couldn't help but let out a low moan.

"Good..." Poe started but his speech came to a slow halt when Isla took him in her mouth, slowly running her tongue around the head. Poe let out a quiet groan. Isla pulled back slightly, going back to licking the tip of his cock.

"Were you saying something?" Isla mumbled.

"N-no." Poe closed his eyes quickly, she gave him another lick, this time sucking his head into her mouth. "Oh, fuck." Poe stared down at Isla, watching her with lustful eyes. Isla's whole being ignited, just from the way Poe was looking at her.

"If you keep looking up at me, this will be over really quick." Poe growled. Isla hummed contently, she definitely wasn't going to look away now. Isla made sure to keep eye contact as she took him further into her mouth, Poe wiggled his hips. Isla went back and forth from taking him as far as she could and then going back to twirl her tongue around his head. Poe had tangled his fingers into Isla's hair, tugging slightly. When Poe finally came, Isla made sure to swallow it all, earning a uninhibited sigh from Poe. Isla pulled away from him, scooting up so that they were at eye level with each other.

Poe was still panting, "Isla. I.."

"Yeah?" Isla hummed, caressing his cheek. When he didn't respond, Isla leaned up, pressing a kiss to his jaw, leaving a trail of kisses across his face.

"If you didn't look up at me, I would have lasted longer." He breathed out.

"Thought you had an early day tomorrow?" Isla smiled proudly, reaching up to run a hand through his wavy hair. "Told you it wouldn't take me long." Isla's smile turned into a smirk.

"Don't start," Poe warned.

"What now?" Isla quirked an eyebrow.

"Don't talk like that, or we won't be getting any sleep tonight."

"Tempting," Isla laughed, Isla wanted nothing more than to take things further but it was getting late, even for her. She knew she wouldn't be too alert at work tomorrow morning. "I'll stop, only because I know you need to rest up."

"Mm-hm." Poe nodded, pulling Isla in for a kiss. "You're amazing, you know that?" He asked.

"Thanks." Isla rested her forehead against his, "Now put some clothes on, I don't think I can sleep next to a naked Poe Dameron."

"Only if you put another sweater on," Poe reached up to toy with the top of her cardigan, "These buttons aren't very supportive."
♠ ♠ ♠
Kay, duh, I forgot to add in the last author's note that this chapter would be in third person. Sorry.

Also, please be kind! I'm not used to writing 'sex' scenes. I'm not too sure about how I did, but I tried my best!

Thanks to GlasgowXsmile, pikaponn, & ObsessedScribe for commenting! I appreciate it so much! Also, ObsessedScribe has a new Poe Dameron story, you guys should check it out!

thanks for reading.