Every Once in a While

8.

"Walk with me?" He asked, standing up and making his way towards the door. I turned to him as he passed me by. I wanted to say no, I wanted to tell him here. I was going to blurt it out and then head back to my room, that was the plan.

"Okay." Why can't you ever say no?"

I walked with him, leaving the med bay, and accompanying him on his walk towards his room. I looked up at him for a moment, catching his eye.

"Noa," I started, "I wanted to talk." Just spit it out, Isla! Don't drag this out.

"About us?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yes." I was slightly taken aback, "I've been meaning to tell-"

"I understand." He nodded, looking away from me. Great, he understood. This was going better than I had expected it to. I sighed in relief, smiling to myself.

I was so relieved that I didn't have to say the actual words, Noa had saved us from an awkward conversation. I chuckled softly, "Good. I'm glad. I'm gonna head-" He stopped me, grabbing hold of my wrist. Okay, maybe he didn't understand. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. He pulled me closer to him, now I was standing right in front of him.

"Noa. Stop-" He was gripping both my shoulders now, keeping me in place. That's when he did it, he actually kissed me. He leaned in way too quick, I didn't have any time to react. So he definitely didn't understand.

"Noa!" I turned my head to the side, causing his face to graze along my mine. I pushed him back with little force, causing him to stumble. "I thought you said you understood!" I mumbled incredulously. I couldn't believe that he had just done that.

"I do understand." He reached out for me once more, I took a step back. Not wanting to be anywhere near him at the moment.

"No!" I practically shouted, "I was going to tell you that you make me uncomfortable sometimes, this was a misunderstanding. " I frantically thought back to the way I started the conversation, I guess if I were Noa it would have been easy to think the conversation was going in a totally different direction. I should've made it clear as soon I as I could, now I had to deal with this. I didn't feel overjoyed and jittery like the way I did when Poe kissed me. I had been kissed by two different guys in one day. Well that's a first.

"Isla, what? I thought-"

"I have to go." I was already walking away, as fast as I could without running. I passed Lorelie on my way to my room, I was hoping she had just showed up and that she didn't see Noa kiss me. I made it into my room and shut the door quickly. I walked over to my bed, discarding of my clothes and getting under my covers. I pulled the cover over my head and closed my eyes. I let out an exasperated groan. Why was this happening to me? So, he kissed you. That wasn't okay, but at least now he knew how you felt about him.

You have to tell Poe.

"No, I don't." Reassuring myself out loud. I could tell Poe that I had actually got it over with and told Noa, that's all he really needed to know, right? Would that be considered lying? I let out another groan, feeling completely overwhelmed. Not only would I have to tell Poe, I had to come face to face with Noa tomorrow morning. I couldn't decide which sounded worse. I was lucky that all thoughts circling around in my head let me sleep. The next morning I didn't feel any better about the situation. I was distressed, it had gotten so bad that I almost felt sick. I wanted to lie and say I was too sick to go into work, but that might have worked seeing that I worked with doctors. I left my room begrudgingly , walking as slowly as possible. I wanted to hide in my room until I was forced not to. I didn't even get butterflies in my stomach when I saw Poe.

"I've been waiting for you." He smiled, reaching to give my hand a squeeze. "I've got a small meeting I gotta get to with Lorelie and Jules. I'll see you after?" He asked, looking hopeful. Looking absolutely adorable. I nodded slowly, displaying my best fake smile. He leaned over to give me a small peck.

"Poe. Hurry up!" I turned around to see Lorelie, her trademark look plastered on her face. Poe gave my hand one more squeeze before walking towards her. She was still looking at me, shaking her head slightly. Shit, what if she saw me yesterday? What if she tells him? I wouldn't put it past her, she didn't have any reason to cover for me. I still had time to stop him, to tell him. I decided against it, he had things to do, I didn't want to ruin them. I guess if she did tell him, it wouldn't be too bad. I could explain, but I wasn't sure if Poe would buy it.

I walked into work slowly, expecting to see Noa. I had paper work to do and lots of it. The droids never did paper work, and neither did Noa. I was always the one who had to keep record of all the patients who were treated in the med bay. I hadn't seen Noa all morning, I was starting to think he was avoiding me as much I was avoiding him. So maybe after our awkward ordeal, he finally understood. Now he wouldn't even bother trying to talk to me, that was fine with me. That afternoon, I decided to hide in my room for lunch.

"Hey! Glad I caught you." He smiled, I didn't smile back. I motioned for him to come in once I had unlocked my door.

"Did Lorelie say anything...." I trailed off. Watching as his cheerful expression morphed into confusion.

"Tell me what?" He asked while looking around, he had never been in my room before. She didn't tell him. I sighed quietly, feeling relieved but still uneasy about everything else.

"What are you talking about, Isla?"

"Nothing." I answered quickly.

He raised an eyebrow, "You look...nervous? Is something wrong?" I shook my head quickly. Walking over to lean against the kitchen counter.

"I don't believe you," He was watching me carefully, "So? What's going on? Is it Noa?"

"I told him, that's all." I said quickly, wanting to get off the topic of Noa. "So." I shrugged. Poe was still watching me.

"Yeah? How did that go?" He walked over so that he was sitting in the little kitchen nook, looking up at me. I crossed my arms over my chest, taking a deep breath in. Don't lie to him. Okay, no lying. I could easily just tell him that it went bad. That wouldn't work, he would want details.

"It went-" I stopped, trying to figure out how I should go about this, "There was slight misunderstanding." Poe nodded, waiting for me to go on.

"Yup." I nodded in return, walking over to sit across from him. He laughed, turning to face me.

"What was the misunderstanding?"

"Poe." I laid my head back onto the wall, sighing loudly. "Can I kiss you now?" I asked, hoping he would say yes.

"Sure," He smiled, "Once you're done telling me." I groaned in annoyance, looking down at my hands that were resting in my lap.

"It didn't go well, okay?" Poe sat up, his smile faltering. His eyes had widened a little, his lips forming into a tight line.

"Tell me, please." He urged.

"You won't be happy." I mumbled under my breath. He leaned in to try and hear me. "Tell me." He sounded much more demanding this time. Spit it out.

I looked up at him, feeling apprehensive on how he would react. "Well....he kissed me." I looked away from him and back down at my hands, "Just a misunderstanding! I think he gets it now, I haven't seen him all day."

Poe stayed silent for what seemed like ever, "He kissed you." It wasn't a question, he was merely just saying the words slowly, trying to take them in.

"I think...he thought I was talking about something else- I don't know." I struggled to form a full sentence. "I told you, so are we kissing now?" I asked, smiling nervously. Poe shook his head, standing up.
"You can't talk to him, Poe!" I exclaimed, trying to grab hold of his hand, "I told him and I think he understands now, it's fine."

"He kissed you and that's fine?"

"Well, yes..No! I pushed him away, he gets it now." I stood up, walking over to stand in front of the door. With Poe being injured, I figured I had a good chance at stopping him if he tried to leave.

"Yes, it is?" Poe asked slowly, furrowing his eyebrows. I nodded slowly, "Well, you know what I mean. It isn't like he knew I had been kissing you earlier. You can't be mad at him."

"I want to be mad at him." Poe grumbled.

"Well, you can't, " I protested, " See, I dealt with it." I smiled.

"I don't know if I like the way you take care of things if it means you getting kissed by some other guy." I blushed, glaring at him. He was smiling softly, he was teasing me. At least he wasn't mad, or he was just really good at hiding it.

"How long til you have to be back at work?" Poe asked.

I shrugged, "Maybe 10 minutes."

Poe smiled, walking over to me, "More than enough time." I smiled as he leaned in for a kiss, I closed the gap between us eagerly. I didn't want to go back to work, I wanted to stay in my room and kiss Poe. I shook the thought away, focusing all my attention on the handsome pilot who was currently holding me tightly against him.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so I was going to post this tomorrow and I don't why i'm posting this today, I guess I'm excited?:P

two chapters in one day, woo.

obviously I gotta thank GlasgowXsmile , cos your comments are always so nice and they make me happy^u^