Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

New York, New,York

It was nine o'clock when he came in the door. When I heard the door close I held my breath, wondering which version of his personality I would be getting tonight. I listened as he pulled his shoes off and threw them by the door from his chair.

*THUMP* *THUMP*

'The bad personality' I thought to myself as I grabbed his plate of food and brought it to him, as I had been doing for the last eleven months. I could see the anger in his eyes as I sat the tray on the table in front of him. He glared as I slid it towards him, pointed me out of the room as I completed my task.

When I returned to the kitchen I breathed a small sigh of relief and began eating my dinner, slowly and quietly. We were so happy when we began dating, but after moving in with him, sharing our bank accounts and taking away access to everything I was trapped and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how it got to this or why I didn't just leave.

*WHACK*

The sound of his fist hitting the back of my head sounded like a fly swatter hitting water. I stumbled across the floor- trying aimlessly to understand why there was ketchup on the floor when I just mopped. He grabbed me by the hair and drug me down the hall, throwing me on the bed and choking me as he put himself inside me. I was in so much pain all I could remember was this is not a normal relationship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning after he went to work, I did my morning chores, took a shower, packed a bag and left the house. I stopped at an ATM and took as much money as I could get, and then went to the bank and took out another ten grand, in cash. I bought a car from a drug user for five hundred dollars and drove out of the city, vowing never to return.

I drove for nine hours, until the car broke down on the side on interstate 95, somewhere in south Carolina. Cursing I grabbed my bags and began walking. I knew I had to keep moving, I was so worried he would come looking for me. An hour into my walk I saw a billboard, 'South of the Border 1 Mile' and I decided to check it out. I had lived twenty five years and never left NYC- I needed an adventure of my own. It was pitch dark as I walked into the property, an array of themed stores were brightly lit as I made my way to the motel office in the rear of the establishment. I rented a room for a week, and made my way down the hill to my temporary home. I needed a plan.

I sat in the room, day in day out- only leaving to grab a meal at the restaurant and look around the stores. I made nice with a lady who was selling her car, and bought it for fifteen hundred cash and my diamond engagement ring. My final morning there I bought a map of the United States, closed my eyes and pointed. When I opened them I was pleasantly surprised.

"Mystic Falls, Georgia" I said aloud, to no one in particular. "Sounds like a good place to start my life over." And with that I packed my belongings into the red mustang and drove south, heading towards salvation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Read a few chapters before abandoning ship please!! It took a few chapters to really get in the groove. Thanks for reading and comments are always welcome!!