Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

Barenaked Ladies

"When you think you've tried every road
Every avenue, take one more look
What you found old
And in it you'll find something new"

As the stereo played I drove down the highway, Damon beside me singing away. Summer had come and went, and we were both incredibly happy. I loved how open he was with me about everything and we were together at least five days a week. Today I was going to New York City to spend the weekend with my parents. Damon offered to come with so I told them I was in a seeing a man from town. They practically begged me to bring him.

"I have to believe that sin
Can make a better man
Oh it's the mood that I am in
Thats left us back where we began"

I smiled at him as he sang his heart out and grabbed my hand. My thoughts turned to Caroline and Stefan, they had become closer with me, especially Caroline. Once Damon found out I liked martial arts and working out he began teaching me how to hunt the supernatural, so I wouldn't be in danger. I could now train with him for hours before we ended up having crazy forest sex. I had totally fallen for him but we haven't discussed feelings yet. We were always together, and we were happy- I wasn't rushing this- we were having fun.

"So, we are almost there. You ready?" He said and I nodded. We planned on leaving this morning but ended up spending the day in bed. I guess he caught on to my thought process because he pointed to the clock and I nodded. "It will be nine at lease when we get there, and we are leaving Sunday morning. It's gonna be fun." He said winking.

"If you say so. They are gonna grill you."

"So." Damon said snorting. "Parents love me!"

"Well.... Katherines parents were dead, Elenas parents were dead...."

"Hey now! I resent that comment. Liz, Caroline's mom, loved me!! We were good friends."

"While you were boning her daughter???" I replied and he just hung his head.

"No. She hated me then.....touche`. But it's gonna be fine." He said turning the stereo back up and starting his song back over.

We arrived at my parents it was after nine at night. They lived in a brownstone on the upper east side. We brought wine and pizza along with us. Damon kissed me on the cheek and then put his arm around my waist before knocking on the door. My mom screamed when she opened the door- kissing cheeks and hugging us both. Once inside my dad squeezed the life out of me and shook Damon's hand. I went into the kitchen and greeted my younger sister, who was only 14. We also have a brother who is a fleet commander in the Navy, and another who is a staff sergeant in the Marines. Our dad was Army, grandfather Marine- it just ran in the family.

My sister Brittany hugged me tightly when I walked in the room. "I missed you so much Bell!!! You never call, your always so busy with work and your friends and.... omg. Is that him?" She asked pointing down the hall. "He is a total hottie. I wouldn't call me either. Guilt trip over.!" I laughed as I walked back to Damon with Brittany. We chatted for a while before my parents headed to bed and I went to get a shower. I couldn't believe how good he truly was with my family.

When I came back down Brittany was on the phone and Damon sat uncomfortably on the sofa. I sat down next to him, handing him the bottle of bourbon we got on the way, and kissed him on the lips.

"You were perfect tonight. My parents are crazy about you."

"They don't know me." He responded quietly. "I only care that your crazy about me. I came for you."

""Thank you. And I am you know.... crazy about you."

"Right back at ya babe" he whispered, kissing me and taking a drink from the bottle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next night, during dinner, my sister decided to grill Damon since it was all going really well. Damon even managed to sneak out to the car and feed in the morning.

"So.... Damon.... how did you meet?" Brittany began. "Where was your first date? Are you serious about my sister? What do you do? Where are your parents?"

Damon handled my sister, in almost the same way he handles Carolines rapid fire questioning. Clearing his throat, he put down his fork and made eye contact with her for a good minute before
answering.

"Brittany, we met through my sister in law. We went to a ball together. I am a member of the founders council and consult with the police. My parents are dead and I am extremely serious about your sister."

Brittany just nodded. She seemed satisfied. After dinner we said our goodbyes. He survived my family and I was proud of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song quoted at beginning is one caress by depeche mode. Check it out. Sets the mood perfectly. Enjoy! And as always comment very welcome!!!