Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

Called It

Damon's P.O.V.

Bella and I didn't do much talking after we confessed our love for each other. We made love till the sun came up and then I offered to drive so she could sleep. I was pretty amped over the emotional connection- and blown away by what she suggested. When I called Rick a few weeks ago and told him about her he really wanted to meet her. I told him I was in love with her and he suggested turning her- but I could never ask her to make that sacrifice. Apparently Rick put the idea in her head anyway. Personally, I was torn. Not to mention, even if I did want this life for her I couldn't turn her in case the sire bond happened again. I want this to be real, always.

When I got home I carried Bella upstairs and put her in my bed then woke Caroline and Stefan up. Sitting in the chair by their bed they both looked at me- as if I was losing my mind while I explained our trip to them.

"Damon no. She doesn't understand what that means. You have been dating a couple of months. It's too soon. Tell her you want to wait a year. Or two. Or ten. I love it now but I hated it for a long time. Remember Elena?" Caroline spoke softly, I could tell she was trying to tread lightly.

"Elena never wanted this. She always hated being one of us...." I shot back and Caroline sighed.

"Brother, did you ever think maybe she's beautiful to you because she's human? It's perfectly normal. They live so few years... their beautiful because they are so frail."

"God Stefan, reading Ann Rice I see. You seem to forget brother, I was once a human asking the woman I loved to turn me. I wanted to be with her forever."

"Well you seem to forget, big brother, that I made you turn that night. You wanted to die." Stefan growled.

"Well that had a lot to do with the bitch faking her death. I didn't want eternity without her. I spent 160 years trying to bring her back if you remember.." I snapped and Caroline held her hands up to stop the argument.

"Both of you stop." Caroline sat in the quiet, collecting her thoughts while Stefan and I glared at each other. "Damon, did you ever see Katherine eat? Did she feed on you? Did you know what you were signing up for?"

I nodded my head and Stefan quietly spoke up. "She fed on us Car. But she compelled us to feel pleasure, and would give us a bit of her blood to heal us."

"Ok. Katherine was a sociopath..." she responded shaking her head. "Inform her Damon. Feed on her so she knows how it will feel if she bites someone. Take her hunting so she will know what's she's asking for. If she's still interested, teach her the perks of the life. I can help you. But only after she's seen the ugly." Stefan and I both nodded, and as I left the room I kissed Car on top of the head. I came to her because I knew she would give me advice closest to what Bonnie would say- and I really missed my best friend right now.

Elena never wanted this life. Most vampires don't. I have turned a few that wanted it, and it always was a happy ending- like Elenas biological mom and dad. I wanted this- and even though I would of been human with Elena, I couldn't imagine a life without my strength, speed and endurance. I just hoped Bella would feel the same way.