Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

Three AM.

The end of the week dragged without Damon here to keep me distracted. I was so glad it was Friday, me and my co worker Jenna were having girls night and I was using the Salvatore house since I have been staying there while they are away. Realistically I have not stayed at my house overnight in months. Damon was hopefully coming home tomorrow. We have talked a few times on the phone but mostly it's just been me working out, grading research papers and catching up on my sleep.

Jenna was shocked when we pulled up to Damon's, since most people had never been here before. We ordered Chinese food and brought out the wine, sitting by the fireplace exchanging horror stories about high school and college until almost two a.m. Jenna was 34 years old, had a teaching degree as well as a MA in psychology. Her husband was an FBI agent and died five years ago while in duty- hunting down a serial killer. She has no children or pets and came here for the school shrink job.

At quarter till two the front door opened and Caroline walked into the living room. "Hey Bella, Hey Jenna! How are you guys? It's been a long drive home- I'm gonna go get a shower." And before we could respond, in typical Caroline style, she left the room. Stefan waved as he walked by, following his wife. Jenna looked at me and started laughing.

"Shes always like that?"

"Yeah, pretty much. She's totally sweet and an amazing friend, but very busy."

I felt my phone vibrating and excused myself, walking out of the room and picking up my phone, seeing my sister's name flash on the screen.

"Hey, bell, it's Brittany. Mom and Dad were involved in a car wreck and are at the hospital. Mom is in surgery and dads in a coma. The doctors want to talk to you. Can you come?"

"I will be there by tomorrow night ok? Don't worry I am here."

I explained everything to Jenna, then went upstairs to see Caroline. She was sitting on her bed crying and Stefan was in the bathroom yelling at someone on the phone. I sat down next to her and laid my head on her shoulder.

"Whats going on Car?"

"We went down to see Klaus... it's always a horrific mess. This time we went with Ric, he is still trying to bring back his wife that died. Did Damon tell you about that mess?"

"Yeah sister of the evil guy that did the spell to Bonnie and Elena. He told me about him and her. Said she was the best thing that ever happened to Ric."

"Well Klaus called and said he had a witch who could do it.... We go down there and it's their mom. Stefan wants us to leave but she has Damon held hostage while they bring her back. Damon gets free, we try to stop Ric but he is so desperate to see her again he doesn't care. Now Ric is dead, Damon went after his mom but we stopped him. He took Rics body and drove off. We don't know where he went. Stefan is fighting with Klaus he has to stop we can't bring that drama back up here. It's so nice with no drama."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Not much you can do. I gotta go get him off the phone. Welcome to our crazy drama."

"I'm leaving for new york. My parents got in a car accident."

"Oh my god. I'm sorry. Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, you hold it down here. Keep our paradise safe. Ill call you when I get there."

She nodded, hugged me and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. When I went downstairs Jenna was gone, I grabbed my stuff and got in my car, driving to New York.

17 hours later I pulled up in front of Mercy General Hospital. My sister was sitting out front waiting for me and broke down in a fit of tears when I walked up to her. I had tried calling Damon a dozen times on the way- and left a dozen messages, but got no response. Caroline knew where I was. I had to take care of my sister now.