Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

Time Goes By

It was two weeks before I heard from Damon. I was worried about him, but I knew he was dealing with his shit and I was dealing with mine. He drove to Colorado, Alaric always wanted to see the Grand Canyon, and he wanted to leave his friends body there. When he got there, however, Ric was alive in his trunk- apparently he was wearing some magic ring. So they spent a week at the Caynon, where Damon left him because he was worried Ric would jeopardize his future with me. I told him about my parents, and he offered to come to New York but I declined- saying I had to stay here till school let out for thanksgiving then I could bring my sister home with me.

The next two weeks flew by. My mom had three more surgeries- the last one she died and they couldn't get her back. My dad was still in a coma, but stable. We had the memorial service for my mom at nine a.m. on a Tuesday, and then I took my sister to the house to pack a bag, so I could get back to my life. My ex was at the service- it took all I had not to beat the crap out of him right then and there.

We pulled up to my house at three pm on Wednesday. I let Brittany get settled in and took her to enroll in school for after the break. Then shopping before, finally, we drove to Damon's. It was dark and pouring rain by the time we turned onto the private drive. Brittany squealed when we parked next to Damon's blue car.

"This is seriously his house?! Omg!!! He's loaded?! How did you not tell me this?!"

"Remember him, his brother Stefan and and Stefans wife Caroline live here."

"This gi-norm-ous house for three people?" I nodded as I got out and helped her grab her bags. I saw Caroline open the door and let her in before I went back to get my stuff. When I started walking to the house Damon walked towards me in the rain and I dropped my bags, ran up and jumped into his arms. To feel his touch again was like nothing I had ever experienced before. I loved him so much and never wanted to be apart again. This month seemed to be fates way of testing us and I think we passed.

"I love you Damon Salvatore." I said in between kisses.

"I love you more. Now.... let's get you inside before you get pneumonia and die on me."