Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

Playing House

Thanksgiving came and went, school resumed and Brittany was thriving here in Mystic Falls. Damon has stayed at my place with me and Brittany almost exclusively, and we had a strange parent dynamic going with Brittany.

Damon sat at the dining room table, reading the paper while I cooked dinner. Brittany sat at the table next to him talking about the volleyball tryouts and going to a Christmas dance. I felt like we were playing house.

As we ate, Brittany asked Damon to drive her to the movies so she could meet up with a few friends. He agreed and I smiled at the two of them. I never thought he would be the big brother/ fatherly type.

After he got home, we sat in the living room and talked about work and home life. "So, we gonna talk about how we are playing house or are we ignoring how strange it is?" I said and he laughed.

"Yeah it's freaking me out too. It's been almost three weeks. How's your dad doing?"

"They have him awake, off the ventilator. I'm thinking Christmas Brittany will be going home. She's going to miss it here."

"So tell your dad to move in here......and you come live with me."

"Seriously?!" I said. I couldn't help but smile so big my face hurt. "Are you asking me to be your live in girlfriend Mr. Salvatore?"

"I am" he kissed me as I wrapped my arms around him. "I can't live without you."

"I can't live without you either."

"I have to drive up to NYC next week so my dad can be discharged. I will discuss it with him then."

"I will come with you, if you want. Shit let's bring Car and Stefan too. Make a road trip out of it. Give Brittany some memories"

"You really like her huh?" I asked, laying down on the sofa and putting my head on his lap. "You never think about kids?"

"I like her cause she's your sister. Never even thought about kids. You?"

"God no. I work with kids. I get my fill. I think they suck. I was in high school when Britt was born."

"I just didn't want you to have any regrets later on." He said quietly, staring down at me, pushing my hair out of my face.

"The only thing I want Damon is to spend eternity with you. I love teaching and I can do that anywhere. I love my sister and Dad but they couldn't live here unless I told them- they would wonder why we aren't getting older."

"So you still want this?" He asked nervously, kissing my forehead.

"Yes. I still want you to turn me. Sometime after my sister goes home."

"She might be here a while."

"Well, she's not now. Wanna go make the most of it?" I raised my eyebrows and stood, slowly taking off my shirt and then beginning to unbutton my jeans. Then I fake yawned, and headed upstairs. Once in the room I took off my jeans and laid across the bed, knowing he would be in any moment. I wasn't wrong. He jumped into bed within seconds- pulling me against him and making me scream with pleasure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts? Suggestions? Would love feedback!!