Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

Shock and Awe

"What do you mean, Elena was in the coffin? What are you trying to say to me right now?!" Caroline said throwing her hair behind her with her hand, obviously frustrated with this conversation.

"I'm saying, I think we should dig Bonnie up. Maybe she is not dead. I'm saying Elena might not be dead." I said slamming my fist on the counter.

"Hold on Damon. Listen. Elena was ash. We found you that night, do you remember? We all saw her remains. This might be part of Kai's spell." Stefan interjected, clearly trying to diffuse the bomb that was clearly me.

"Look, Caroline, Bella is going to be home in a few minutes, and tonight I am asking her to marry me. Tonight is our night. Tonight she is turning. Just please, both of you, figure this out for me." I put my hands together in front of my chest to silently gesture the desperation I was feeling. Damn Kai.

"What exactly were you doing with Elena today if you are proposing to Bella tonight?" Stefan asked, his condescending tone and raised eyebrows making me want to hit him.

"For your information brother, I was saying goodbye and giving her back her necklace. I just wanted to say goodbye and tell her about Bella."

Caroline nodded her head and hugged me, "Damon, we will handle this. Good luck tonight. We will call you tomorrow."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arabella's P.O.V

I pulled up to the place I called home around 4p.m. When I walked in the door Stefan and Caroline were leaving, wishing me a good night and good luck. I had no idea what they were talking about.

There was a fire going in both the kitchen and living room, music playing and food on the table. Damon appeared, as if from thin air, dressed in black jeans and a gray silk shirt. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him.

"Welcome home beautiful. I made us dinner."

I was totally amused when we went to sit down at the table, and dinner was steak and eggs.

"Thought you would want to share the meal that started your obsession with me." He said winking.

"Damon Salvatore are you flirting with me?" I joked while we ate. Even in these simple moments of chatting about our day, I loved him more than anything.

After dinner I went upstairs and got a shower, changed into black yoga pants and a black tank top. When I walked back into the bedroom, Damon was standing in the door frame, arms crossed watching me. He smirked his half amused smirk which always made me want to melt. I sat on the bed, beckoning him to me and he readily complied. It wasn't long before we were lost in a wave of passion.

Afterwards we laid there, his head propped on his hand and his arm around my waist, his fingers crawling a small circle eight pattern on my skin. He pulled something out of his pocket, and breathing deep, began talking.

"Arabella's, this past year has been incredible with you, and every single day makes me love you more. I know we have talked about this in the past- but what I am trying to say is, "will you be my wife?"

A tear ran down my cheek as Damon slipped the ring on my left finger. "Yes Damon a thousand times yes" I said kissing his lips, more and more deeply, until we were both breathless. I looked down at my hand and, shocked, looked back to his eyes- for they reveal his soul. "Is this a daylight ring?"

"Well yeah you don't wanna burn in the sun do you?"

"Tonight? It's finally time? Really?"

"Unless you changed your mind bell. I would understand." He looked concerned and I shook my head.

"I want nothing more than to give myself to you Damon. I want to be with you forever. Take me Damon, I love you so much."

Damon kissed my lips, making his way to my neck. He sunk his teeth into my neck, like he has a few times before- and I got the same beautiful feeling as my body hit a state of euphoria. After a minute he pulled off, kissing my lips once again. He then bit his wrist, holding it out to my mouth, and I readily accepted- he held me close as I drank as much as he would allow. His blood made me so high- I wanted to dance, drink and have sex all in the same moment. We made love once more, then as I orgasmed, he snapped my neck- just as we planned.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damon's P.O.V

I laid in bed next to my currently dead fiancee, waiting for her to wake up. She needs to feed, then we can announce our engagement to Stefan and Caroline. I thought of them- and what they must be doing and how they are handling everything. I was normally the guy who handled the situations but tonight was about me and Bella- I had been planning this for months and not letting anything get in my way of having my happily ever after.

Bella gasped beside me, breathing deeply with her undead lungs. I smiled at her and she sat up, obviously still shook from being dead. I handed her a blood bag, which she graciously accepted and downed it in no time. I was so proud of her for doing this. She put almost a year of preparing for how to be a vampire, I was excited she would finally get to experience it first hand.

"God Damon, you smell so amazing. And you are really damn cute." She said and I chuckled at her response.

"So was I ugly and stunk before?" I replied and she laughed, getting up and walking into the bathroom. I could hear her running a bath, singing to herself as if nothing has changed. Everything has changed. I was finally getting my happily ever after, after all.