Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

Smells Like Teen Spirit

The wedding was just a week away. Caroline had over one hundred people on the guest list, including some of the original family. Damon, Stefan and Alaric were out west following a lead, that would break the curse for good and give them Bonnie back. They were able to locate a member of the Gemini Coven and were hopeful they could end the curse once and for all.

I sat in my dad's living room, talking to him about his health. He told me last night he had brain cancer, and would be dead within a couple months. Caroline sat beside me, squeezing my hand, and nodded as I confessed to him that I was a vampire, and that I could turn him so he could live. He refused, but promised to keep my secret. He also made Car and I promise to look after Brittany and never turn her.

As we left, my phone went off, and I checked the message.

[So, you and Car head to Atlanta. Bonnie is there. 126 Broadway]

[Omg. Locator spell worked?!]

[Yeah. Be home tomorrow. Love you so much]

[Love you more]

I showed Caroline the text and she squealed with delight, jumping in the car and quickly heading out of town. We drove the six hours to the city and parked in front of the address. Caroline held my hand and took a deep breath.

"I'm so nervous. Do you wanna call the guys before we go up?"

"No Bella, let's call after. I want answers before we get their hopes up." Caroline stepped out of the car and as I stood on the sidewalk, wrapped her arms around me. "Thank you for coming with me. I don't know if I could of handled this alone."

"I'm not just here for you, I'm here for Damon as well. And Stefan. and even Alaric. I don't know her but you guys mean so much to me, I just wanna support you."

"Well just so you know I love you Bella, no matter what happens. I'm glad your my sister wife."

We walked down the street and stopped in front of a brownstone, looking up at the gold numbers on its large wooden door. We walked up the steps and rang the doorbell, and a few minutes later a very beautiful African American girl, who I recognized instantly as Bonnie, answered the door. She still looked twenty years old.

"Caroline? Oh my god!" She yelled excitedly, throwing her arms around Car's fit frame.

"Bonnie, what the hell?? We thought you died?!" Caroline snapped and Bonnie shushed her.

"Meet me around the block at the park- the picnic table by the lake in ten minutes. I can't invite you in this isn't my house. And we can't talk here."

As Caroline and I sat in the park, awaiting an explanation, I was texting Damon.

[She's alive. She is meeting us at a park.. seems off.]

[Thats what Blondie told Ric. Give her half hour then go back to house. We will be there in twenty minutes. Making record time.]

"Hey Car, sorry it took so long, had to get a sitter. How have you been?" Bonnie said sitting down across from us.

"Hey, Bonnie, seriously? Small talk?! Where have you been why didn't we know you were alive? Why are you young again?" Caroline asked, clearly ready to lose her mind.

"Hi, I'm Bonnie. You are?" She asked me, completely ignoring Caroline and extending her hand to me.

"She is my fiancee", Damon said sitting down beside Bonnie. "I think your still avoiding the questions at hand here. What the hell little witch?"

"Your engaged? Omg that's amazing! Nice to meet you." Bonnie looked down at her phone and then back up to Damon before shaking her head. "Look. I'm sorry. I really can't explain it. I was dead, then I was back in 1994 again, when I came back out I was twenty year old me again."

"Why wouldn't you come to us?"

"Because I watched you for a few days. Caroline you and Stefan looked so happy, Damon you were with this girl dancing at a ball- you both were so happy. I didn't want to stir things up. I went and visited Elena who told me how horrible it was when you were crying in the crypt every night. I told her about the ball, she was so happy you found love again. Look Damon, Bottom line, I can't die. So Elena can never come back. And I didn't know how to tell you."

Caroline stood up and walked away, angry to where Stefan was by the lake. Alaric was not here, I couldn't smell him. Damon was so angry.

"For your information Miss Bennett, Alaric found a member of the Gemini Coven who is trying to fix Kai's spell. Regardless you should of told us. You should of came to us. I needed you."

"I'm sorry Damon..." She pleaded as he stormed off to where Car and Stefan stood. Bonnie wiped the tears from her eyes and looked up at me sadly. "I really screwed up didn't I? I'm not a terrible person. They had just gotten over me. I didn't want to hurt them again." I nodded sympathetically.

"I think they just missed their best friend."

"I know but I didn't want to hurt them......."

"Trust me they are still hurt." I said feeling bad for everyone involved.

"So, you and Damon? How did that happen?"

"Caroline set us up. The ball was actually our first date."

"How long have you been a vampire?"

"A week? Maybe two? It's been a little crazy with the wedding coming up and the guys tracking leads to find you."

"So Damon turned you. I guess love is immortal". Bonnie said winking at Damon as he approached and sat next to me, putting an arm around back. "Friendship is also, so they won't be mad at me for long. Plus- thanks for asking everyone- but I'm in a relationship. He has a daughter, who is coming into powers and I was helping her when him and I fell in love."

"Well good for you Bonnie. But your coming home with us for a week. You can be at the wedding. Don't miss me throwing Damon the party of a lifetime. Don't Say no. Just come." Caroline said sitting down beside her friends d and pulling her close. "I love you Bonnie come home with me."