Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

The Night Before

Damon's P.O.V

It was six in the morning and my life felt almost perfect for the first time in over two hundred years. I looked down at the beautiful girl in my arms, the water cascading down over her skin, her eyes sparkling from her latest feed. We were so perfectly connected it sometimes scared the hell out of me. I was no Prince- and I was pretty much a dick to everyone- but somehow I was gifted with the love of a woman who was just like me. She absolutely loved being a vampire, and embraced it so fully it impressed even me. I thought I was the only one who loved being an undead blood sucker this much. We have been blood sharing- which is the most private and sensual thing two vampires can do. Bella makes me a better man and lights sparks in me I thought died ages ago. As I run my fingers across her skin, looking into her green eyes and kissing her full tender lips. Nothing in life prepared me for love like this. I am a lucky man.

"Damon, are you two up?" Caroline yells into the bathroom. "We have a situation downstairs that needs immediate attention!"

"Is someone dying? Seriously it's our wedding day so whatever it is can wait!" I yelled back to her before smiling at the beautiful woman before me. "How did I get so lucky to be marrying you today?" I asked, kissing her neck.

"I just have horrible taste" she said, playfully shoving me away. "Plus I'm a sucker for blue eyes."

"Your mean!" I responded and she laughed, getting out of the shower and wrapping a towel around her body, myself following suite. I got dressed quickly, just so I could sit on the bed and watch her dress herself. The time she took, carefully picking out clothes and slowly putting them on, applying perfume and doing her hair and makeup... She was always so flawless in her actions. Even the tiny things she does- (like the tiny dot of silver she places at the corner of her eyes to make them sparkle in the moonlight) she did that no one noticed- but I saw it. "You realize you have to put a dress on in like four hours right?"

"I know-how but you insisted Caroline invite the world to our wedding, so I should look nice while sitting in the living room and watch Car have a fit bossing around caterers and party planners." Bella said smiling to herself as she pulled the sky blue dress over her body and tied it behind her neck.

"Well we aren't staying here, we have lunch plans, remember?" I walked up behind her and kissed her shoulder, just as someone knocked on our bedroom door again. "Damn Blondie I Told You We Are Busy!" I snapped as I opened the door, to see Elena standing in the now opened doorway.

"Hi. Damon." She said nervously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arabella's P.O.V

"So where the hell did you come from?" Damon said, a look of permanent bewilderment on his face.

"Alaric found someone to stop the spell that bonded me and I woke up in the cemetery last night. Caroline and Bonnie were there with me. We went to a motel, ate Chinese food, and they filled me in on.... well..... everything. Is this weird? It's weird.... I should go. I'm sorry Bella. It's your wedding day, oh my god. I'm sorry Damon..." Elena started backing up and walking down the hall.

"Elena wait!" Damon said, squeezing my hand jogging out of the room after her. He hugged her tightly, and for a long time, and when they finally let go, they were both teary eyed.

"Elena, do you want to go to lunch with us? The sooner we make this not awkward, the better, right?" I said walking up to them. She nodded silently and went back downstairs. I turned to Damon and put my arms around him, and he held me tightly. "Damon, are you going to be okay?"

He nodded silently and we stood motionless for a very long time. Finally Stefan ran up the stairs and halted in mid motion when he saw us. "I take it you saw her?" He said.

"Yeah Stefan. I saw her. We are going to lunch with her."

"Lunch?!" Stefan said sarcastically.

"Yes brother it's what friends do with friends before they marry the love of their life." He said, smirking at me and holding my hand, leading me downstairs into the chaos Caroline created.