Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

Trapped Inside My Mind

Elena's P.O.V.

I was alone inside my own mind. I said my goodbyes and accepted my fate. I was letting Bonnie live a full life, and when she died, old and gray, me and Damon could pick back up where we left off. I would still get a life with Damon. We would get our happily ever after.

At first I felt every moment that passed. I questioned every single action I ever took, promised to change a lot of things and mostly- swore to be better to Damon, who needed me.

Eventually time blurted and it all just became mush. That wasn't until the bang of the crypt door slamming opened. I heard Damon scream my name as he opened the lid to my casket and I looked him in the eyes after all this time. He looked exactly the same, and I had no idea if it was five minutes or five years that I was alone. He pulled me into his arms and asked me to marry him, and then I remember pain. So much pain. My insides burned and I screamed.

Alone.

Alone again.

Trapped again inside my mind. How is this possible. But now, I can hear the outside world. It's like I'm paralyzed in this box. Look in here! See that I am here! Find someone to save me!

Stefan and Caroline visit me sometimes. They tell me a funny story or give me an update on their lives. I'm so glad they ended up together.

Damon.

My heart breaks every time he comes, which sometimes is every night. He cries most of the time. I can hear him running his fingers on the outside of the box. I can hear him drinking. He is so mad I am gone. He can't get past it.

Then one day Damon comes and apologizes. He talks about a girl he spent the night with. He likes this girl but can't move past me. He doesn't want to let me down. I wish I could tell him I am right here. I didn't leave you. I love you.

Bonnie shows up and I am shocked. She enters my mind and we are sitting on my front porch, on the swing and she is smiling at me. She tells me Damon has not just met someone, but he was falling for this girl. I remember saying, but Bonnie, I'm here, why would Damon move on? And that's when she tells me, it's been over thirty years.

It took Damon over thirty years to move on. I loved him just as deeply as if we were together yesterday, but it had been so long for him. I made Bonnie promise to keep tabs for a bit, and not to ever let them know we were alive. Two months later she tells me they were spending every day together, working out etc. It hurt so much, but I was so glad he found happiness.

Damon found me alive.

He was saying goodbye. He told me he was marrying her, she was turning, life was finally good once again. He thanked me for loving him and giving his life passion all those years ago. Then he saw me. And I knew it wouldn't be long. I knew he would find a way to save me.

Caroline and Bonnie woke me last night.

We had a good long cry and hug fest, and then went to a hotel for the night. Caroline explained the house was off limits, for today was the big day. I came here bright and early. I had to see him before he married her. To me we were still in love. To me, this wasn't over. I just had to see him.

When the door opened I was taken aback. She was beautiful. And he looked so good. So happy. And she asked me to come to lunch with them. If situations were reversed, I think I would of snapped her neck. Caroline loves Bella a whole bunch. And apparently Damon does too.

But I can't help that I am still in love with him.