Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

Wedding Day Lunch

Damon's P.O.V.

We arrived at the Grill around eleven am. The wedding was at three and as much as we shoild probally have been standing around waiting to say our vows, I knew Blondie would drive us insane. Plus I had other things on my mind.

Bella seemed to be comfortable, sitting next to the woman I loved more than air for almost fourty years, and making conversation about how I mumble in my sleep. I was still in complete shock.

[Damon. You ok? -bonnie]

[Yeah. Tell Car weddings still on. Know everyone's worried.]

[We knew that. I'm sorry. I didn't know till it happened. -bonnie]

[Its fine. I'm fine. Its just..... surreal.]

I ate almost in silence, watching Elena watching me. Her eyes almost never left mine. Bella and I left after lunch- leaving Elena to ride back with Mark and Brittany. I wasn't sure what was going thru Elenas head, but I knew what I wanted- and that was to make Bella offically a Salvatore.

"You ready to marry me?" I asked grabbing her hand and she kissed my cheek, laying her head on my shoulder.

"Damon, I want nothing more. Are you ready to make it offical?"

I pulled off the road and parked in the field a few miles from our home. "What in the world are you doing Damon?!" She asked me and I got out of the car, coming around and opening her door and holding out my hand to help her out of the car.

"Come on Bella, lets go for a walk." I said and she nodded. Never have I ever hidden information from her, no matter how awful. Never have I not told her what was on my mind. I was so glad we were so open with each other- I could trust her with my life.

We walked the four miles to the cemetery, the one place I knew she had never been. I brought her to the crypt where we laid our family- Elena included. I sat down beside the now opened coffin that Elena spent the last thirty five years and she sat down in front of me, concerned.

"I'm going to talk now." I said kissing her lips and slowly closing the lid to the casket. "I spent so many years in love with the thought of a girl I was only with for two years- and most of thatcwas completely disfunctional. In that time frame Stefan went ripper, she was almost killed a dozen times, we had magic and the origionals and it seemed almost every single force of life against us. And still I fought- and she sacrificed herself for Bonnie and I helped. Because Bonnie is my best friend. And I felt guilty for a very long time. I spent all my time here for a few years before you came into my life....." I put my hands on Bella's face and looked into her eyes. "I am not telling you I won't always love Elena- but our love was toxic. It hurt us and it effected everyone around us. You saved me- in every way that a person can save another person- you have made me a better person and accepted me for who I am. I am in love with you and I will never stop showing you that. Starting by being your husband."

We kissed, and then just held each other for a very long time. No matter what happened in life I needed this woman by my side.

[Where are you? Wedding starts in a half hour. No bride. No groom.?!]

I showed Bella the text from Caroline and we both laughed, getting up and slowly walking back to the car. Let her sweat, I guess.