Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

I do

The chairs were perfectly aligned and flowers were strategically placed at the end of each row. Every single person had their proper seat, and the only empty chair was Bonnie Bennett, who was making last minute changes to the lace trim on Bella's white wedding dress. The live string quartet played a lovely slow tune, as the audience actively waited for the wedding to begin.

Damon proudly stood in front of the crowd, in a tux, placed next to Stefan, Alaric and Nicklaus. Bonnie, Brittany and Caroline stood on the opposite side, awaiting the bride.

The music changed, not to the typical 'here comes the bride' song but to her and Damon's song, "if I was your vampire" by Marilyn Manson. Bella smiled as she thought of the song selection. Damon always told her from the first moment he laid eyes on her this song would always come to mind.

Mark took his daughters hand into the fold of his arm and began walking towards the man who would love her for the rest of eternity. His daughter loved this man so much, she became a vampire to stay with him forever. He knew Damon was a good man, and they would take care of each other. These things were good enough for him. He only had days left on this earth and this wedding is his final wish.

Bella knew there was an entire town full of people surrounding her, but all she could see is Damon. His blue eyes locked on her own green orbs, his smile lighting up her own. As her father handed her over to Damon he hugged him, and then sat down in the front row and put his oxygen mask back on.

Elijah Mikaelson stood in front of Damon and Bella, ready to preform the ceremony. "Friends and Family, we are gathered here today to bear witness to the union of these two souls, Damon Salvatore and Arabella Vallencourt in a binding of marriage that will live on till the end of time. Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you. May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all the years, May happiness be your companion and your days together be good and long upon the earth. The couple would like to recite their own vows at this time."

"Damon, I promise to you endless strength that you can count on when you are weak. I'll be your music when you can't hear, your sunshine when you can't see, or your perfume when you can't smell. I'll be your days and nights when you need them filled, your spark of life in the darkness, your hope when you're down and out. I will never stop loving you." Bella said, slipping the ring onto Damon's finger.

"Arabella, When we first met, the thought of us together was crazy and impossible. I tried to hide my feelings and did successfully yet painfully. We became closer over time and my feelings only strengthened.Then one ordinary day turned extrordinary when you confessed you had feelings for me. I told you how I felt and then you kissed me. I knew it was wrong but it felt so... right. We were meant to be together forever, we were not just having fun and killing time. You made me feel like everything was going to be all right. I couldn't believe that someone as beautiful and wonderful as you would love me back. I still can't. Its been over a year since that amazing day and I feel exactly the same as I did, love you just as much if not more. Before you my life was empty, meaningless. I thought it would be like that until the day I died. But after we got together I was happier than I have ever been, you gave my life meaning. You filled the empty spot in my heart. I can't imagine living without you, and I won't. Today I am the luckiest man alive. I love you more than I can ever tell you or show you, and will love you forever and always." Bella wiped the tears from her eyes as Damon slipped the gold band onto her finger.

Elijah nodded at the couple and then began again. "Friends and Family, it is my great honor to present to the world, Damon and Arabella Salvatore. You may now kiss you wife" Damon wrapped his arms around Bella and kissed her hard while everyone applauded and cheered. Neither one of them could stop smiling.

Out in the crowd Elena Gilbert sat and cried, watching the love of her life with his new wife. She wanted to stop it but knew it was wrong. She wanted to bed Damon to come back to her, but she knew he wouldn't. Her friends are now Bella's friends. Her bed shared with Damon was now Bella's bed shared with Damon. She quietly snuck away from the celebration, away from the crowd, and sat alone in the woods on a tree that had fallen. A symbol for her current situation.