Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

Pinnacle Road

It was almost dark when Caroline, Stefan and Alaric met us at Whitmore College. I was fast asleep, exhausted from a day of watching the 'wolf pack' and how they operate. Damon wouldn't let me get very close, warned me over and over that their bite would kill me. I tried twice to get close but both times they chased me from their territory. All of the guys I saw could turn on command- which scared Damon. He was worried it was Tyler's pack coming for another war. Damon barely survived the last one.

Caroline came over to the bed and laid next to me, entering my brain with images of my sister going home with me, the wolf threat only being a hoax to worry me. The dream awoke me, but I appreciated what she was attempting to do. I hugged her and laid my head on her shoulder, as we listened to the boys game plan what to do.

"Lets hit them and hit them hard. Stefan and I brought the wolfsbane bombs and bullets, but if this is Tyler's pack we are looking at at least one hundred wolves in the area, and they are all sired to him."

"Why do you think it Tyler?" Caroline asked pulling me closer to her.

"Because Blondie, they turn at will- do you know any other pups that can do that??"

"Klaus and his pack....." Stefan added and they all shook their head.

"Did anyone call Klaus?" Caroline added and the boys ignored her- busy discussing how to get Brittany. Knowing my stubborn sister, she wasn't going anywhere. It seems since summer began she was lost to us. I should of told her I was a vampire.

I pulled out my phone and texted someone to help.

[Wolf pack has my sister by Whitmore College.]

[It's bloody Tyler. Again. He's hundreds strong. Don't go without me. Elijah and I are coming. Wait. -Klaus]

[Dont have lot of time. Guys are amped up....]

[Be there at dawn...meet at your house..]

Caroline nodded and I closed my phone. Now to get the boys out of here. I didn't want any of us to die.

"Damon, take me home. We will come back tomorrow. They wont hurt Brittany- and she is so stubborn even if we were able to get to her- she will not come willingly if she trusts them. Please guys? Let's go...." I said and Caroline agreed, pleading with Stefan.

"Fine but tomorrow we are going in- hell or high water." Damon said offering me his hand so I could stand up. As he lifted me he kissed my forehead and pulled me close. I could see how freaked they all were- but I loved that they were not willing to give up.

We drove home in silence, Stefan and Caroline following us in their cars. Alaric stayed behind- he wanted to scout their territory and question the redhead some more. I was really surprised he was working so hard to help me, considering how dangerous it was. It was hard sometimes to remember Damon, Stefan and Caroline were my family- and families go to the ends of the earth for another.

"Penny for your thoughts" Damon said bringing me back to reality. I tried to force a smile but it just wasn't coming out. Too much has happened today. I was so worried about getting my sister back and even more worried about Damon going head to head with the wolves and leaving me without a husband. A tear found its way from my eye and down my cheek, and I looked away from his concerned blue eyes. How could I tell him not to die for me?

He pulled the car into the driveway and parked in the garage. We sat there in the darkness for a long time. My head on his chest and his arms around my body as I silently cried. We didn't need to speak I think he just knew I needed him because he never left my side. Eventually we got out of the car and went inside. I went upstairs and took a long shower, washing away the day and putting on black shorts and a red tank top. When I came back down stairs Damon had a drink poured for me and a fire going so we cuddled up on the sofa and talked until we fell asleep in each other's arms. Tomorrow everything would be okay again.