Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

Wolf Pack Leader

Damon P.O.V.

The fire has died as we slept last night, not for lack of me trying to keep it alive. I silently begged the sun to go back to bed until later, because I was not quite ready to face the day. Bella's dad is dying and there is nothing I can do to protect her from that pain, but I can help get her sister back- or die trying. I heard my phone vibrating from the floor and groaned, knowing it would wake up Bella. Caroline walked up and turned it off and shook her head, mouthing for me to let Bella sleep before leaving the room. I closed my eyes, unsure of if I wanted to get up at all. It's been too long since bad things have happened- and I was incredibly happy so I knew it wouldn't be long before it all went to hell.

The door opened and closed loudly, followed by voices coming from the hall. "Damon, Stefan, we are here to handle your puppy problem." Klaus. Of course the girls called Klaus. From the sounds of it, Elijah and Rebecca came along for the adventure. It amazed me that as long as they have lived, they still jump at the sound of drama. I really just wanted it to end. Then again give a few thousand years, maybe I would take any action that came my way too.

Bella stirred at Klaus as he walked into the living room. We sat up as he approached, pulling the blanket around our naked bodies for protection from wondering eyes. "Morning Damon, Bella. Lovely day to kill Tyler, isn't it?" He said smiling. I slipped into my jeans and Bella wrapped the sheet around her and went upstairs. "Your a lucky man Damon. She truly is beautiful." I nodded and stood up, walking into the kitchen and pouring a cup of coffee. I half waved at Elijah and Rebecca before walking upstairs to find my wife.

Bella stood in the doorway of the bathroom, yawning loudly, and looked embarrassed as I walked inside. "Morning noisy" I said handing her the warm cup. She sipped it then turned on the water, getting inside and becoming me towards her. "You hungry baby? She said as she bit her wrist and held it out to me. I was quick to comply for my bride.