Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

Displaced Anger

It has been six months since I arrived. The students enjoy my dark lectures- my landlord is off vacationing with her husband on some private island- and everyone in town has stopped trying to be my friend. I get thru my days in quiet silence- especially now that schools out for the summer. I spend my days sitting at the bar, reading novels and ignoring the rest of the world.

This all changed one night in June.

The night seemed to begin like any other. I arrived around ten pm, sat at my spot at the end of the bar and ordered a bourbon. I forgot my novel, so as I drank I was forced to look around the room and take in my surroundings. Leather Coat Guy, as I had secretly dubbed him, sat in his usual seat, drinking his usual drink, looking his usual angry frustrated self. As I observed him, our eyes locked and my breath was caught in my throat. Looking into his eyes made my heart race, my legs weak- I couldn't look away, and neither did he.

It was then someone grabbed my arm hard and sat down beside me. It was my ex. I looked to leather coat guy for help but his gaze was back in his glass. I was in trouble.

"You stupid fucking bitch." He growled. "Did you think I was not coming after you?" My body shook as he pulled me from my seat and led me out of the bar. I looked around for help but leather coat guy was gone.

He led me down an alley and shoved me to the ground, kicking me repeatedly in the stomach and stomping on my back when I tried rolling away. I screamed in pain, begging him to stop. He pulled out a gun and put it to my head, telling me I deserved death after leaving him.

"I'm killing you now bitch. Say goodbye!! 5....4.....3.....2....." I closed my eyes, knowing this was an eventuality, and wishing I had the nerve to meet the man who took my breath away before I died.

"1.."

*CRUNCH* *THUD*

Not hearing the gun go off I looked up to see leather coat guy kneeling next to me moving my hair out of my face. I started coughing up blood and then everything went black.

When I woke up I was in a large living room. A fireplace was lit and made the room smell of cedar. I didn't hurt when I breathed and I slowly sat up, amazed at how normal I felt. As I looked around the room I realized I had leather coat guys jacket around me. This must be his house.

"Hey, how ya feeling?" A masculine voice said from the other side of the room. He was in a black dress shirt, unbuttoned, and black jeans, his hair wet from I assume must of been a shower. He walked across the room and handed me a glass of liquor and I gratefully accepted it as he sat down next to me.

"I actually don't feel that bad. My head hurts... but I thought for sure he broke my ribs. I wouldn't be alive without you. Thanks..." I said touching his arm lightly with my fingertips.

"Damon Salvatore" he said putting out his hand to greet me.

"Arabella Vallencourt" I responded, placing my hand in his. He kissed my hand before releasing it from his tender grasp. My Hand tingled where his lips were and I felt weak again.

"Ah yes the history teacher. Caroline has told me so much about you." He said leaning back into the sofa next to me, looking at my face to gage my response.

"She has?! Like what?!" I said immediately horrified that she was talking about me. Also, how did he know Caroline? Was this her husband?

"Relax!" He said grabbing my hand. "Her obsession with you begins and ends with the fact that you teach history- pay for everything with cash, and no one in town knows you at all." He said and I was relieved. "I should probably mention that she also thought when you got here you might be in danger because you had bruises and wanted an attack dog." He added, making me close my eyes and breath deeply- momentarily panicking about the danger of him returning to finish the job. I felt tears running down my cheeks and before I knew it I was in full blown fear mode.

I stood up suddenly, looking for my shoes and purse so I could go home pack and leave. I needed to get out of here before he came back. He knows where I live he won't give up. Damon jumped up and grabbed my arm, stopping me and pulling me close, wrapping his arms around my body. I tried to resist but he didn't let me go, until finally I gave up sobbing in his grasp. When I finally calmed down he put his hand under my chin and had me look into his eyes.

"Your safe. I am not going to let him kill you. I promise." Our eyes locked and in that moment, I knew I could trust him with my life. He used his thumb to wipe away my tears and I laid my head on his shoulder, despite the fact I was convinced he was Carolines husband. Then I heard a door slam and two voices coming toward us. He released his grasp and went to make us more drinks. "They're here..." he said in a sing songy voice and smiled at me. "Just you wait....."

Before I could ask who he meant, Caroline and a handsome blonde haired man entered the room. Caroline immediately dropped her bags on the floor and ran up to me, hugging me and talking a,mile a minute. I looked back to Damon for assistance but he was talking to the guy that came in with Caroline.

"Oh my gosh sweetie Damon called and we rushed home. Are you ok honey? Common let's go upstairs I can let you borrow some clothes you can use the shower it's gonna be ok you will see we will take care of you." Caroline took my hand and pulled me up the stairs and gave me towels- sending me into the bathroom. "This is Damon's room and his private bathroom. I'm sure he won't mind. Take all the time you need. You wanna borrow shorts? Pants? Sweatshirt? Tank top? I will just leave a few outfits on the bed for you." She spoke so fast and she was so bossy I barely had time to process. I simply nodded and she shut the door, leaving me alone with my thoughts. Suddenly I opened the door- I just had to know...

"Hey Caroline... So Damon is your...?" I asked doing my best to keep a straight face.

"Brother in law." She said giving me her biggest smile. "And he's single.... in case you were wondering."

"Not tonight I'm not...... but maybe one day....." I responded shutting the door yet again.
♠ ♠ ♠
*comment*follow*recommend*THANKS FOR READING