Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

Feeling Less Alone

"So brother, what happened tonight?" Stefan asked me as I sat down on the sofa yet again. I was relieved they were here because honestly I didn't want to take this on alone.

"I was sitting at the bar when I saw a guy come up and grab her. He was aggressive so I followed them outside. I found him getting ready to kill her so I broke his arm and threw him into a wall. She's gotta stay here Stefan, I had to heal her- she almost died on me." I said, replaying the moments in my head over again.

"Well Caroline did say she thought this girl was hiding from someone. At least now we know who." He said as Caroline came into the room.

"Well, she is in your room Damon, showering and relaxing. I'm gonna go to the Grill to see if anyone saw this guy. You couldn't find him?" Caroline said to me, grabbing her jacket and purse.

"He got away. He's injured though- couldn't of gotten too far. I wanted to get her to safety." I replied and she nodded approvingly.

"Stefan stay here in case he comes back." She said kissing him quickly before walking out the door.

"How was the cabin brother?" I asked getting up and getting another drink.

"It was great Damon, how was wallowing in you own self anguish?" He responded, causing me to fake offense.

"I gotta say Stefan, with Arabella around I am feeling less alone. I have seen her every single day since she came to town. I feel like I have to know her. I don't know why..." I admitted, returning to my seat.

"Its okay to get to know her Damon. I'm glad your feeling a little better. Your my brother, I care about you."

"I know, I know..... but what would Elena think if she were alive?" I said staring into the fire.