Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

Icy Blue Orbs

I felt better after showering- although I noticed the sun rose while I hid from the world under the water. Caroline was nice enough to leave me clothes, a hair dryer and some odds and ends, like hairties and a brush. I slipped on a pair of black yoga pants and a white tank top, brushed my hair but left it wet so it would have its natural curls. Damon's bedroom was amazing. I couldn't believe how safe I felt in this house. I put my dirty clothes by the door where Caroline instructed and made my way back downstairs. Damon was in the living room reading when I came in and smiled as I sat down beside him.

"How you feeling? You look calmer." He said and I nodded in agreement.

"I'm starving, do you have anything to eat?" I said rubbing my stomach for effect and he nodded, putting his book down and making eye contact with me.

"Ill cook for you. Anything you desire. What do you want?" He asked, raising his eyebrows and giving me a challenging grin that I had to accept.

"Seriously? Your gonna cook?" I asked. "Hmm.... why don't we go get breakfast somewhere. You have a car?" I said and he nodded.

"Yeah but I would rather spend the day here with you." Damon responded, grabbing my hand. Come on... Stefan and Caroline are out until tonight, we have the place to ourselves." As he spoke he inched closer to me till his lips were so close to my ear I could feel his hot breath on my neck, sending goosebumps down my spine. "Let me get to know you."

"Why?" I said suddenly baffled, my voice coming out in a mere whisper as I felt myself falling into his spell.

"Because.... your the first woman I have noticed since my girlfriend died three years ago. I am lost in the storm of life and I think your there too. Take my hand- we can get out of this solitude of anguish together."

I closed my eyes and tried to think, my mind clouded by his mere presence. Smiling I slowly nodded, taking his hand and walking with him into the kitchen where he easily picked me up and placed me on the counter.

"I want steak and eggs. You have that right, Chef Salvatore?!" I said doing my best Caroline voice impression. Laughing, he held up a finger, walked to the fridge and looking inside.

"I can accommodate your request my dear." He responded. "How do you want your meat?"

"Oh bloody please. Chicago blue. I wanna hear it moo." I said, expecting to gross him out. Instead he smiled big, sliding across the floor and kissing me sloppily on the hand.

"A woman after my own heart. There's a farm not far from here if you would rather go to the source." He replied, raising his eyebrows and laughing as he began cooking.

As he worked he and I made small talk about Caroline and Stefan being married and how this house has been in the family for two hundred years. He moved so gracefully as he cooked, impressing me with his skills and style. I was amazed by this man in so many ways.

After we ate we headed upstairs to his bedroom and lay down in his bed. I was just so exhausted and he wanted to keep me company till I fell asleep. I laid there, in his incredible room- with this amazing man. His eyes kept locked on my own and I was lost in his icy blue orbs.

"Why did you leave New York? What did he do to you?" He asked while tracing circles on my hand with his finger.

"He beat me. Raped me. Eleven months I lived with him and every day was worse than the previous. I left because something inside me kept fighting to get me out the door while the rest of me just felt I was not above the toxic relationship I was in. Now that I'm gone I don't know why I stayed so long- its so stupid. I am still really angry at myself I guess. Now he's trying to kill me ....." Damon showed no judgement- only concern at my well being. He kissed my fingers and pulled me to him abd I laid my head on his chest and he put his arms around me.

"Damon.... why is your girlfriend dead? What happened?"

He held me closer and sighed deeply not saying anything for almost twenty minutes.

"Story for later Bella. Take a nap I won't leave you. I will tell you.... just not now." As he spoke he rubbed my back slowly until I drifted into a comfortable sleep.