Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

Feeling This

We drove in separate cars back to his place. I stopped by my place and changed my clothes into jeans and a purple tank top, and brought extra in case I stayed the night. As I drove to his place I tried hard to get my nerves to relax. My lips still tingled from the pressure of his lips against mine.

I pulled up and parked behind his car, locking it and walking up to the front door. I knocked twice before heading inside. He was in black jeans and a black t shirt, listening to rock music and pouring a drink. He winked as I walked into the room and stood there awkwardly. He handed me a drink and sat down on the sofa with a bottle of burbon.

"So, let's talk. What do you wanna know?" He said and I sat on the opposite end of the sofa and faced him.

"You will answer me honestly?" I said taking a big drink of the liquor.

"You said you wanted to get to know me. You said your not Elena. But whatever I tell you, no matter what, it says in this house. Other than Stefan and Caroline no one around here knows the truth." I nodded and he handed me the bottle of bourbon he was sipping on to refill my cup. Instead I finished the glass and drank from the bottle. Smiling he took it back and gestured for me to get with it with his hand.

"How old are you? I thought about this- you said this house is two hundred years old, and Caroline said you and Stefan had this house built after your father died. That's impossible. Or one of you is lying."

"220, 221, give or take a few years. I lost track. I don't bother with my birthday anymore." He said watching me intently as I grabbed the bottle and drank again.

"How is that possible?" I said and he smiled.

"Vampire." He stated confidently. "Blondie and my brother too." I simply nodded and drank again, trying to process the information.

"That's why I didn't die last week. You did something to me didn't you?"

"I gave you my blood. Just a little, to heal you. I didn't want you to die."

"Why didn't you eat me? I mean you kill people right?"

"I haven't killed anyone in almost thirty years. We have a friend at the hospital- keeps us stocked in blood bags. Caroline is young- she was turned about forty years ago."

"To be with Stefan?" I said and he shook his head.

"No. She got hurt bad in an accident I slipped her my blood, unknowingly, to save her life. And my ex Katherine, the one that turned Stefan and I, killed her. When you die with vampire blood in your system you become a vampire."

"Oh. So Stefan and her....?"

"Got together years later. After Elena was in a coma. When Blondie turned into a vamp Stefan was dating Elena. And before she turned I was dating her." He said and then started laughing. "Seriously our life has been long and complex. I have killed lots of people, Stefan too. Caroline- not so much. She's too controlling to lose control." He sighed deeply and I watched how tense his body was getting. "We have dealt with witches and werewolves- origionals and many other dangers. We could talk for days and still not get it all."

We sat in the quiet of the house for a long time, silently passing the bottle back and forth between us. When it was empty we finally made eye contact. "Are you afraid of me?" Damon said and I shook my head. Instead I stood up and walked over to him, sitting on his lap, facing him, my legs on either side of his and pressed my lips into his.

"No Damon, I think your perfect." I whispered in his ear before kissing his neck. He grabbed my hips and pulled me against him, kissing my shoulder and neck before finding my mouth. I knew logically I should be afraid, but I wasn't. I wanted him more now than I did at the party. He didn't have one lifetime of pain like me- he had several. I pulled my shirt off as he took his off and laid me down on the sofa.

"You sure about this" he wispered between kisses and I nodded, stopping him momentarily.

"Damon. I'm sure about you." I said while helping him slip off my jeans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were having a private party when Stefan and Caroline came home at dawn. I was in my bra and shorts and Damon was in his jeans, we were blaring music, drinking, dancing and making out. We were having so much fun it wasn't until the music stopped that I knew they were in the room.

"Morning brother" Damon said rolling his eyes. "Can you put that back on we are in the middle of something here." Caroline smiled at us as Damon pulled me into him and kissed me.

"And how was your night, you two didn't stay at the ball very long." Caroline said sitting on the sofa next to her husband.

"You will be happy to know I was with Bella. All night. Multiple times. I'm happy, she's happy. Now please can you two turn the music back on, your killing the mood."

"Are you Bella?" Stefan responded, ignoring his brothers request and I looked confused.

"Am I what?" I asked and he raised his eyebrows, giving me a look a parent would.

"Are you happy?" He asked and I wanted to leave this conversation. Damon, visually defeated, sat in a chair and I sat on the arm of the furniture.

"Yes. Stefan I am happy...."

"We just care, that's all. We were curious." He responded, giving the dad look again and Caroline nodded her head in support. Both of them were watching Damon as if he was going to explode.

"Ok well I'm thirsty- ill be back. Want breakfast guys? I'm going downstairs." Damon said getting up and they both opened their eyes in shock.

"Damon!" Caroline shrieked and he just smiled.

"What? Bella?! The cats out of the bag guys I told her already. Keep up!" And with that he went downstairs leaving me with the self appointed parents.