Status: in progress. please feel free to comment.

If I Was Your Vampire

Passive Agressive

It didn't take long after I dropped the bomb shell for Stefan to corner me in the basement.

"You compelled her didn't you Damon? Dammit!" Stefan shouted and I just shook my head and sipped on my AB negative.

"Stefan please, your giving me too much credit. I told her- she is cool with it- then we were hapoy together mutiple times... before you showed up." As I spoke Caroline came in and looked at me like I was a maniac, but at the same time she was smirking.

"Stefan. Relax. She's really okay with it. I compelled her to tell me the truth. She's really happy. She told me she is really happy." As she spoke she gave me a pat on the shoulder. "Damon- if you hurt this girl I will cut your head off. You got me?! Now go to her i'll keep this big brute out of there... or take the party upstairs. Thanks."

As I walked away I heard her tell Stefan- 'Stefan did you see them? The old Damons back...'

When I went back into the living room Bella had her bags in hand. "Hey you leaving without saying goodbye?" I asked and she shook her head.

"I was actually gonna ask you if you wanted to get a bath with me, so we could have some privacy." She said winking. She watched as I finished eating and then chased it with some bourbon before kissing her and following her upstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arabella's P.O.V.

Damon and I laid in the warm bath. I had my back to him, he had his arms around me as we talked. I thought he would get tired of answering questions but he said he found it refreshing how interested I was.

Apparently the sun is bad, but they have rings to keep them protected. They also have two extras Bonnie made when she was alive in case they ever needed one. It was a little weird at first, watching him drink blood out of a bag but it didn't freak me out. Maybe the fact that it didn't says a lot about me.

"So why Mystic Falls?" He asked and I smiled, kissing his fingers.

"Honestly, I closed my eyes and pointed to a map. It was fate."

"I don't buy into fate. Destiny can be controlled."

Maybe, but I think it doesn't matter anymore. Your here, I'm here... I don't care how,or why I'm just glad that it did."

"Yeah me too." He said. "Its one o'clock. Don't you have a meeting to get to?"

"Shit. Yes. I gotta go. Call me later?" I asked and he nodded. I kissed him one last time before getting out and drying off. I wrapped myself in a towel, put on my jeans and tank top from the night before and went downstairs to find Caroline, where she was meeting with the Mayor.

"Hey, hi, sorry for disrupting, I just wanted to borrow a jacket. Got a meeting in a half hour." She nodded and excused herself, and I followed her upstairs to her bedroom. My closet is your closet. I swear I have enough clothes to change three times a day, every day. Borrow whatever you want. And tell Damon the mayors here for him." I nodded and went back to his bedroom.

"Hey, you miss me already? Or did you just want to see me in a towel?" He said smirking as I came into the room, and I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe a little of both- but the Mayor is here for you."

"Shit. Ok well have a good day." He replied kissing me and went to get dressed as I left.

The meeting took up the rest of my day and I didn't leave until almost eight p.m. I was elected as one of the teachers to educate our young delinquent minds in summer school, four days a week 10 am till 4 pm. I wasn't thrilled but I accepted. Many of my co-workers were friendly with me, after seeing me at the ball with Damon. They all wanted to know how it happened. I just told them Caroline introduced us and we just clicked. Wasn't a total lie.

After the meeting, me and three other teachers, Jenna, Mitch and Maria, went out for dinner and drinks at the Grill so we could discuss lesson plans for the following Monday when classes began. We spent a few hours sipping on margaritas and swapping stories about teaching. I spotted Damon around ten pm. He made eye contact when he saw me and then went to the bar with a blond haired guy.

"Who is that?" I asked and they all shook their heads. Damon texted me moments later.

[Business. Call Caroline.]

I saw,him watching and I nodded my head so he knew I got it. We all left a few minutes later and when I got home I called Caroline.

"Hey. Damon texted and told me to call you."

"Be over in a second hon. I'll explain."

I went upstairs and took a shower, changing into pajama pants and a red tank top. When I walked into my bedroom Caroline was sitting on my bed.

"Ok. So I don't wanna overwhelm you but Stefan was dealing with a werewolf pack so we called Klaus, an original, to come help him. Stefan is fine by the way- but Klaus has warned that pack to stay out of Mystic Falls. He killed quiet a few of them today. Damon is with him now. He used to be quite the villain but being a daddy has made him softer. He's an ally now."

"Wait. What? Vampires can have babies?" I said and she sighed, laying back on my bed.

"No but female werewolves can have babies with Vampire werewolf hybrids- which Klaus is. They live in New Orleans. Klaus just happened to be in the area and Stefan went with him to warn the wolf pack... again..... and one bit Stefan so Klaus hurt them. Now they are going back to New Orleans with him- what's left anyway."

"Yeah your right. That a lot of info."

"Sorry. That's our life. Chaotic almost constantly. But oh my goodness Damon was so different today. He seemed so much happier. Did you feed him?" She asked looking at my neck.

"No. Am I supposed to?" I said and she shook her head.

"I mean he fed off of me when we dated but he compelled me. It was like I wanted to cry but he told me it didn't hurt so my brain just believed it. He compelled me all the time. Elena only once- but they didn't date till after she was a vampire. And Andie, she was a reporter. Stefan murdered her. He had her compelled her that she only knew the truth about him when she was in the house. It was sick."

"So why not compel me?" I asked and she raised her eyebrows.

"You really don't know?" She said loudly. "He told Stefan he wants it to be real with you. Said that he just had to know you...." she sat up and looked at me. "Look. With me.... Andie... it was a game. Sex booze and pleasure. He wants this thing with you to mean something..... and I can't believe I'm going to say this... but don't you hurt him. I mean he's Damon.... but he's a really good guy. Now. He used to be a downright evil bastard. Bonnie and Elena fixed that I guess."

"You too Blondie. You gave a bit of an assist these last few years..." I heard Damon say and looked up to see him in the doorway standing next to a blond haired guy. "Bella, this is Klaus, Klaus, Bella."

"Ah. So this is the girl that's got you so excited today. I can see why." Klaus crossed the room to where I was standing, by my bed and took my hand, kissing it. "Niklaus Michaelson at your service." I nodded, throwing my hair up in a ponytail.

"Caroline was just telling me about you."

"All good things I would hope." He said winking at her. "Well I am off, didn't want to miss an opportunity to see the radiant Caroline, is all. Good bye my old friend." He said, patting Damon on the shoulder and leaving down the steps.

"I really hate him sometimes." Damon said after he left the house. "I'm gonna head home to check on Stefan. The good news is Klaus gave me a couple vials to hold us for a while in case it happens again." He kissed me on the cheek and whispered in my ear, "call you tomorrow" before leaving.

"I'm gonna call Stefan, I'm sure the guys will wanna bond. Wanna have a girls night? Let's just eat ice cream and do our nails and watch terrible romance movies!"

"Actually Caroline that sounds incredible" I responded and she squealed with excitement before dialing her husband.