One Direction One Shots

Louis Tomlinson 19 Part 2

Day Two
When I woke up the next morning, the sun streaming in thru the windows, I noticed Louis wasn’t in his usual position next to me. I groaned then flopped my head into my pillow. I felt a soft pair of hands on my back. “Love?” He asked. I groaned again. It was silent for a moment. “I take that as a ‘ Yes, dear’. I was looking, right?…and it doesn’t look as if it’s gonna rain today.” I frowned into my pillow. “Sorry, sweetheart.” I turned my head. “It’s not your fault ,baby. He leaned down and kissed my cheek, then walked out of the room. Well there goes completing my bucket list in one weekend.
I walked into the living room a few hours later to find Louis no where in sight. I went to the kitchen and saw him outside. With sprinklers. I chuckled softly. What’s that crazy boy up to now? As I walked outside I saw him turn on the water. Water sprinkled high in the air then fell down on him. “Louis…what are you doing?”
“I said we’d finish this bucket list in one weekend…and we are. Introducing…” he said in an announcer voice, “Rain!” I laughed. Then smiled.
“Sprinklers you mean?” I set my coffee down. He squinted his eyes at me.
“No…rain. Have some imagination would you?” he stepped forward and extended his arm.
“May I have this dance?” I placed my hand in his.
“You may.” I said. Pulling me close to him, we stepped under the sprinklers. I giggled loudly then squealed. Even though it was pretty sunny the water was still cold. He rocked us back and forth.
“Louis.” I said leaning my head against his.
“Mmmhm?”
“I love you so much.” I couldn’t help but smile. “I do. This has been the best weekend of my life.”
“Even though it didn’t rain? Naturally.” He asked hopeful
“Even though it didn’t rain naturally.” I smiled.
“I love you too.” He mumbled leaning in. And right before he kissed me, I swear the most cliché, fairytale thing in the book happened. It begin to rain. Hard. We both looked up in disbelief. It was one of those rare, magical days where everything went your way. The sun was shining brightly but rain fell from the sky and a perfectly bright rainbow was over our heads. He looked back at me and into my eyes. “Well…guess I’m crazy.” he said, winked, then pressed his silky lips to mine. The kiss was more enchanting than our weekend together. Than this crazy weather. Than anything I’ve ever experienced before. Together in that moment we created a memory that would scar our brains forever. A wonderful memory that we would look back on when we’re older, way older, and smile uncontrollably at. “There’s only one thing left to do.” He said breaking from the kiss. “Find the end of that rainbow.”
We got into the car and I drove manically down the road. The rainbow seemed never ending. Every time we thought it was over…it wasn’t. “God!” I shouted.
“Look!” Louis pointed. Right in front of us, in the middle of the road, was the end of the rainbow. I halted the car to a stop. Thank God the road was deserted. I got out and stood two feet away from it. I turned to see Louis propped against the hood of the car. “Hhhm…where’s Niall with the pot of gold? This is a rip off.” I laughed. “Well go on.” he said motioning to the rainbow. “before it ends. Then there’s nothing I can do. I don’t know how to make a rainbow. I’m sure it’s not as easy as turning on the hose to a sprinkler.” I laughed harder but still stood there unable to move. I wanted this last thing on my bucket list to be perfect. It almost felt perfect except I was missing the best part. “Come here.” I said. He looked confused.
“Why?” He asked stepping forward.
“Now this may sound sappy, but, we started together we end together.” I smiled and grabbed his hand, pulling him into the ray of light with me. I laughed. Filled to the brim with ecstasy.
“This is amazing!”
“Not as amazing as you.” Louis mumbled. My smile couldn’t get any wider. Louis turned me toward him.
“You know I have a bucket list of my own” He said.
“Yeah? What‘s on it? What do you want to do?” He bent down on one knee.
“There’s only one thing. Marry the perfect girl” I was gob smacked.
“In case you haven’t noticed, you’re the perfect girl. Will you marry me?” tears ran down my cheeks. I couldn’t get any happier. Being with Louis was the best thing ever. Of course I couldn’t say “no”.
“Of course I will! Yes! Yes! Yes!” I jumped into his arms.
After we arrived home, I went straight to our room, grabbed the pink slip of paper, then checked off everything. What a great grand finale to my bucket list.