One Direction One Shots

Harry Styles 4

And now the sun is rising
Now the long walk back home (back home)
There's just so many faces,
But no one I need to know (need to know)
In the dark I can fight it, I fake 'til I'm numb
But in the bright light,
I taste you on my tongue
I groan as I sit up in my bed. ‘Shouldn’t have gone drinking with friends last night,’ I thought, ‘bad idea Emily, bad idea.’ I groan again and rub my temples. Last night my friends dragged me out to a bar to get me out of my pity party. Since I am legal to drink, (AUTHOR’S NOTE: The story takes place in England and in England you only have to be 18 years of age to drink alcohol, as it is their legal age.) my friends somehow convinced me to go. I have absolutely no idea why they actually got me to go, drinking wasn’t my thing, but they managed. It actually wasn’t that fun anyways.
Now the party's over
And everybody's gone
I'm left here with myself and I wonder what went wrong
And now my heart is broken
Like the bottles on the floor
Does it really matter?
Or am I just hung over you?
Ah ah ah, ah ah ah
or am I just hungover?
‘Harry would’ve told you not to go. Harry would’ve told you it was a bad idea. Harry would’ve been right.’ I thought over and over again. I sighed. Harry was the reason I had been moping around for the past two weeks. He had to go and visit his family in the United States and he broke up with me while he was over there and he hasn’t returned to England yet. He was my rock. He was the one who kept me sane and without him… I feel numb inside.
Even my dirty laundry
Everything just smells like you (like you)
And now my head is throbbing
Every song is out of tune
Just like you
In the dark I can fight 'til it disappears
But in the daylight
I taste you in my tears
I walk into the kitchen, pour myself a cup of water, pop a couple Advil in my mouth, drink the water, and swallow the pills whole. I sigh as I look around my apartment. I walk into the kitchen, pour myself a cup of water, pop a couple Advil in my mouth, drink the water, and swallow the pills whole. I sigh as I look around my apartment. ‘Our apartment.’ My brain chided me. I jump as I heard my phone ring on the counter and make no effort to quickly answer it.
“Hello?” I ask, not bothering to check Caller ID.
And now the party's over,
And everybody's gone
I'm left here with myself and I wonder what went wrong
And now my heart is broken
Like the bottles on the floor
Does it really matter?
Or am I just hung over you?
Ah ah ah, ah ah ah
or am I just hungover?
“Hey Em, how ya feeling? You aren’t going to throw up again are you?” My friend Sara asked me.
“Again? I don’t recall throwing up the first time!” I say, confused.
She laughs. “It’s FINE Em, I was just checking up on you. You seemed really depressed last night that’s all.”
“You’d be depressed too if your friends took you out and got you drunk.”
“Emily, you know why.” I hear her sigh on the other end.
“He’s just a guy.” I repeat, knowing that’s exactly what she wants to hear.
Now I've got myself looking like a mess
Standing alone here at the end trying to pretend but no,
I put up my fight
But this is it this time (this time)
'cause I'm here in the end, trying to pretend
I'm here in the end, trying to pretend
Oh, oh
I sigh, still remembering my long phone conversation with Sara. The words repeated in my head.
I don’t know why you’re so hung up on this guy!
Honestly Em, it’s been at least a month.
Forgive and forget!
He’s just a boy!
“No,” I whisper, tears rolling down my cheeks, “he’s my world.”
And now the party's over,
And everybody’s gone
I'm left here with myself and I wonder what went wrong
And now my heart is broken
Like the bottles on the floor
Does it really matter?
Or am I just hung over you?
Ah ah ah, ah ah ah
or am I just hungover?
A couple hours later I was curled up on the couch with a blanket and Kleenex’s with The Vow playing on my TV.
“Remember him!!!” I screamed at the TV, “He’s your WORLD Paige! Your fucking world…”
I hear the doorbell ring and I angrily sigh, pausing the movie and wiping the tears off my cheeks as I go answer the door.
I open it and I’m immediately pulled in a bear hug as Calvin Klein fills the air.
“I’m sorry Emily,” Harry whispers in my ear.
Ah ah ah
or am I just hungover?