One Direction One Shots

Niall Horan 12

I’ve tried playing it cool
Girl when I’m looking at you
I can’t ever be brave
Cause you make my heart race
Shot me out of the sky
You’re my kryptonite
You keep me making me weak
Yeah, frozen and can’t breathe
I nodded my head, my long brown hair bobbing as I made my way towards the library, my iPod blaring in my ears. I flicked my red streak behind my ears as my favourite boyband, One Direction were playing in my head. I had to admit they’d been on repeat for about a week now. Well, at least ever since I bought their debut album, ‘Up All Night’. And this was my favourite song, ‘One Thing’ from that album. It was just so bright and gave me so much hope. There must be at least one person out there that I will be that ‘one thing’ for. Hopefully. I smiled as I listened to the stunning voices of Liam, Harry, Zayn, Niall and Louis. They seemed so sweet, from what I’d seen on the X Factor last year. Especially Niall.
But why did I like One Direction? It must have been the fact that they’re all young and fresh, just like me. Actually, I’m only eighteen and I have just started my first year at university. What am I studying, you ask? The answer is simple. Music and performing arts. I want a record deal. Everything the boys from One Direction have done, that’s the type of thing I aspire to do with my life. I love singing, and I play guitar as well. I just love watching my audience to see their response to what I do up on stage. I love how music is able to speak so much to people, to change opinions and emotions of the listeners. Sure, I’m totally not on the same level as One Direction yet; I only busk at shopping centres in my spare time, or get jobs at small pubs. That’s about it, but it’s still fun, and it’s a good starting point at least.
Some things gotta give now
Cause I’m dying just to make you see
That I need you here with me now
Cause you’ve got that one thing
So get out, get out, get out of my head
And fall into my arms instead
I don't, I don’t, don’t know what it is
But I need that one thing
And you’ve got that one thing
I began singing the lyrics to the chorus as I stepped stealthily into the library, receiving a death glare from the librarian. Of course, libraries were supposed to be quiet places, but this one was anything but. Especially with me around. I giggled and waved over to her, sticking a few study books into the returns chute. I guess I often got away with being noisier than the other university students because I was a music/performing arts student. It was kind of a given I would be loud and annoying. My musings were cut short abruptly as I comically found myself on the floor. There was a thud in front of me. I looked up and my eyes widened in alarm.
“Uh, sorry!” I gushed, lifting myself up off the teen in complete embarrassment. That face looked familiar. Holy crap! I held out a hand to help lift the boy up, but in doing so I tripped over one of my stray exercise books that had fallen out of my arms and onto the carpeted library floor. I landed right on the boy. Lucky I was short and didn’t weigh much, it would have been far more embarrassing if I had squished him!
“Woah, its OK,” he said laughing. He lifted me up and propped me up onto my knees. “Here, let me help you.” I was completely flustered. The Niall Horan was helping me pick up all of my books.
“Uh, thanks,” I muttered self-consciously. He led me across to an unoccupied table and sat me down, taking a seat next to me.
“So, I see you’re a music student!” he said, pointing to one of the books I had borrowed. It had a picture of a violin on the front, entitled ‘Music: An Appreciation’.
“That’s right,” I said happily to him. “First year.”
“Same goes. Hey, maybe we’ll be in the same class.” He said hopefully. I nodded and blushed. His Irish accent was so much cuter in real life. “So what’s yer name?” he asked.
“Jacqui,” I responded with a nod. “I know who you are already though…” I trailed off. He laughed.
“I could tell,” he motioned to my earphones. “Heard you singing earlier. You have a nice voice.” I smiled sheepishly as he complimented me. Who would have thought Niall Horan would be complimenting someone like me? It took me all my willpower not to go all weird and fangirl on him right there.
Now I’m climbing walls
But you don’t notice at all
That I’m going out of my mind
All day and all night
Some things gotta give now
Cause I’m dying just to know you’re name
And I need you here with me now
Cause you’ve got that one thing
It had been about a month since Niall and I had first met. It turned out we were in the same class, although we never really sat together. Actually, the rest of One Direction shared my lectures and because of this Niall sat with all the other boys. I always felt eyes on me in our lectures. I certainly hoped they were Nialls’. I even found myself sometimes flashing my grey eyes over in his direction. I knew I was developing strong feelings for the boy, but I wasn’t too sure if he reciprocated the feelings. It didn’t really matter to me if he did, however, I would be just happy with him being a good, strong friend. Although sometimes I did find myself wondering what would happen if we went to the next level of our friendship.
Every free we had, Niall and I would meet up in the library to study. He was a really good teacher, and sometimes even the other members of One Direction would share one of the small interview rooms with the pair of us. They were all just as sweet as they appeared on the X Factor. It didn’t take long for me to become very close to the five of them.
So get out, get out, get out of my head
And fall into my arms instead
I don't, I don’t, don’t know what it is
But I need that one thing
And you’ve got that one thing
So get out, get out, get out of my head
And come on, come into my life
I don't, I don’t, don’t know what it is
But I need that one thing
And you’ve got that one thing
You’ve got that one thing
One day after a lecture, Niall actually fought through the crowd to find me. I waved at him and smiled as he came towards me. I received a few glares from the other girls in my class. I shrugged them off and twirled my red streak absent-mindedly.
“Hey Niall,” I greeted with a smile. “What’s up?” He smiled back, running a nervous hand through his blonde hair. His blue eyes met mine and we watched each other for almost a minute, each searching the other to figure something hidden out. He blinked and leant forward, placing a soft but passionate kiss on my lips. My eyes widened in shock but within seconds I found myself kissing back. After what seemed like forever we pulled apart for air.
“Uh, Niall?” I asked questioningly. He smiled and pulled me into a hug, whispering gently in my ear.
“Jacqui, I really like you,” he began quietly. “I have for some time now, well actually since I first ran into you. You’re so talented as a singer and performer. I figured that it was fate that we met, and you’re the one thing for me.” I blushed and hugged back.
“Oh, Niall,” I squeaked. “I guess I’ve known all along that I love you!” He kissed me again, gently.
“I love you too, Jacqui!”
Get out, get out, get out of my head
And fall into my arms instead
So get out, get out, get out of my head
And fall into my arms instead
I don’t, I don’t, don’t know what it is
But I need tat one thing
And you’ve got that one thing
After another kiss we finally pulled apart. He took my hand in his and kissed it, then held it and led me to the next lecture. We received a few wolf-whistles from the other boys of One Direction, who all came bounding up to us.
“Hey guys!” I greeted with a small wave. They all smiled excitedly at Niall and us.
“So Niall, finally packed up the courage to ask her out then?” Harry joked. Niall glared at him in feigned annoyance and slapped his arm playfully.
So get out, get out, get out of my head
And come on, come into my life
I don't, I don’t, don’t know what it is
But I need that one thing
And you’ve got that one thing