One Direction One Shots

Niall Horan 14

I’m broken, do you hear me?
I’m blinded, cause you are everything I see
I’m dancing alone
I’m praying that your heart will just turn around
As I walk up to your door
My head turns to face the floor
Cause I can’t look you in the eyes
And say…
I squeaked as I almost stacked it walking out to the beach from the small apartment my parents had rented for the holiday break. Instead of the ususal white snow we saw every Christmas break, they had decided it was time for a change; to liven things up a little since I finished high school. We all came to Australia, where the water was cool and the sun beat warmly on everyone. I had gotten the desired results for the end of year exams, and I could get into university next year easily with my marks. I guess this was some sort of reward for my efforts my parents had concocted.
I continued on my way, deep in thought down the narrow paved walkway towards the yellow sand. The sun was shining brightly down upon my dirty blonde hair. Today I had put contacts in, so my bright blue eyes were no longer framed by my black boxy glasses. I was wearing my black bikini and black board shorts, my hair suspended in a messy ponytail above my head.
When he opens his arms
And holds you close tonight
It just won’t feel right
Cause I can love you more than this, yeah
When he lays you down
I might just die inside
It just don’t feel right
Cause I love you more than this
Can love you more than this
It was quite busy, I realized, once I stepped out onto the sand. There were lots of families with their children littered over the soft, white-yellow sand. I looked in amazement at the deep blue ocean that seemed to stretch on for miles, little boats scattered here and there out off in the distance. I smiled like a madman and grabbed my sandals, quickly sinking my feet into the sand. I stuck them in my bag and began running down the sand dunes off to the red and yellow flags.
I flung my bag onto the sand and grabbed out a towel, laying it down on the beach. I was about to run forward, but I came instantly into contact with another body. Stunned, it took me a few seconds to realize what had happened.
“Sorry,” I squeaked, pulling myself up. “I’m a bit of a klutz.” I finally looked up to see who I had bumped into. No way! What were the chances of me running into someone famous on the beach? The boy before me was gorgeous. Bright, blue eyes shone back at me as he took in my appearance. His blonde hair was just as perfect and natural as it appeared on the glossy covers of magazines.
If I’m louder
Would you see me?
Would you lay down
In my arms
And rescue me?
Cause we’re the same
You save me
When you leave it's gone again
And I see you on the street
In his arms, I get weak
My body feels I’m on my knees
Praying
“Um, hi?” I blushed, holding my hand out. “The name’s Charlie. Uh, sorry!” My cheeks had gone a furious red, my usual self-consciousness taking over.
“Hi, I’m Niall Horan,” the boy told me. I nodded.
“I know who you are. As you can tell from the accent, I’m actually British.” He smiled warmly at me.
“That’s cool! I love meeting fans of ours. Hey, if you don’t mind, want to come over and hang with me and the guys?” I blushed again. This was too good to be true.
I picked up my bag and Niall led me over to the other boys. Instantly, Harry started trying to flirt with me, but to no avail. I only had eyes for one of the boys from One Direction. And that was the boy that I had clumsily run into. The boy that was born in Ireland and still has a very cute accent. The boy that is quite short for his age but manages to make up for it with his happy and infectious personality. Niall Horan. But that can’t happen. Us getting together. He probably thinks I’m some kind of loser and is hanging out with me out of pity…
When he opens his arms
And holds you close tonight
It just won’t feel right
Cause I can love you more than this, yeah
When he lays you down
I might just die inside
It just don’t feel right
Cause I can love you more than this, yeah
The guys and I instantly hit it off, which was more than I could ever have expected. It was so much fun, running around on the sand, making sandcastles with the little materials we had, laughing and having fun letting the little kid inside of us roam free. Liam, Zayn, Louis and I had a massive water fight in the shallows, tossing each other with the salt water and giggling like maniacs.
I guess it was good for the guys to have some time off from the fame back in England. Between interviews, recording and live performances, they mustn’t have much time to just goof off and muck about. Their trip is similar to mine in that regard; a change of pace, a summer retreat for a fun-filled Christmas without the snow and dreary wet weather of an English December.
As the sun was setting, we each exchanged phone numbers and went on our ways.
I’ve never had the words to say
But now I’m asking you to stay
For a little while inside my arms
And as you close your eyes tonight
I pray that you will see the light
That’s shining from the stars, above
And I say…
After about three minutes we had all come together again.
“Wait, Liam, what’s going on?” I asked. He shrugged and looked at me, as he and the rest of One Direction stood under the neon sign that read in pink bold letters ‘Surfer’s Paradise’.
“Well, this is the hotel we’re staying at,” he said, nodding up. My eyes widened.
“Same here!” I squealed. He just chuckled and held the door for me. I noticed my hand was enlaced in Niall’s. When did that happen? I blushed and shifted on one foot. That was unexpected.
“OK, so where are you guys?” I asked as I stepped out of the elevator. It was Harry’s turn to respond.
“Room 435.” I shook my head at him. He couldn’t be serious!
“I’m room 436.”
“Awesome!” Louis said patting me on the shoulder. “Hey, seeing as its Christmas tomorrow, how about you come over early and we all unwrap some presents!” I nodded.
“Sure, but then I’ll have to buy you guys something!” Zayn shook his head.
“Nah, don’t worry about it! We can all just have a nice breakfast and head down to the beach!” I smiled at him.
“Sounds pretty awesome to me! What time do you guys want me over?”
When he opens his arms
And holds you close tonight
It just won’t feel right
Cause I can love you more than this, yeah
Cause I can love you more than this
When he lays you down
I might just die inside
It just don’t feel right
Cause I can love you more than this, yeah
I nervously paced my apartment as the clock ticked closer and closer to 7:00am. I have no idea why I was nervous. Perhaps it was the thought of walking into the hotel room of one of the biggest boybands in England’s modern history? Probably. I almost laughed at myself aloud.
I decided I’d wear my short blue denim shorts with a white tank top. I slipped my pale pink shawl over my head and placed my feet into my bright yellow sandals. I had decided to brush out my hair and leave it out, the golden curls falling to just past my shoulders. I had also decided to leave my glasses on for today. It was now or never.
I sheepishly knocked on the door.
“Come in!” I heard a group of voices from the other side. I sighed.
“Um, I don’t have a key?” I heard Liam laugh and a shuffling sound from the other side of the door. It was pulled open and I was greeted by a smiling Niall Horan.
“Woah, Charlie, I didn’t know you wear glasses!” I blushed and turned around.
“I could go stick contacts on if you like…”
“No, you look nice with glasses.” I blushed and gave the popstar a genuine smile. Why did he have to be so incredibly nice to me?
Abruptly, he tilted my head upwards to face him. He smiled, his eyes searching mine.
“Look, you’ve stepped under some mistletoe.” I blushed madly.
“Uh…” That was the only thing I could utter, completely entranced by the beauty before me. Before I could further embarrass myself, the Irish boy leant forward and pressed his soft lips on mine. I sighed into the kiss, allowing him to trace his tongue across the insides of my mouth. There was a throaty groan from behind me.
“You two, get a room!” Zayn wolf-whistled at us. I squealed and chucked a pillow from off the couch at him.
“Well, I believe that answers my question,” Niall whispered once he’d caught his breath. “Charlie. I like you a lot, ever since we bumped into each other. I know we only met yesterday, but I was hoping you’d like to be my girlfriend.” I nodded vigorously. We both kissed again, and this time I was hit by the pillow.
When he opens his arms
And holds you close tonight
It just won’t feel right
Cause I can love you more than this, yeah
When he lays you down
I might just die inside (I’m okay)
It just don’t feel right
Cause I love you more than this
Can love you more than this