One Direction One Shots

Niall Horan 15

You know I’ve always got your back girl
So let me be the one you come running to, running to, running
I say this, cause it’s a matter of fact girl
You just call my name
I’ll be coming through, coming through, I’ll get coming
On the other side of the world
It doesn’t matter, I’ll be there in two, I’ll be there in two, I’ll be there in two
I still feel it every time
It’s just something that you do
Now ask me why I want to
“Hey Alex, how’s it going?” I sighed on the other end of the phone.
“Hello Niall. Things are good here. Well, things are as boring as usual. How are things over in London? I know you’re all famous now, that must be fun…” I heard a chuckle on the line.
“Yeah, fame has its perks. Like, I get to perform all the time.” I grimaced. I should be happy. It was always my best friend’s dream to become famous and sing as a career. Winning the X Factor had helped him make it this far already, and I knew he’d keep moving further with that ambition of his. But still… I’m not happy about it.
“Well, just checking up on you. I’ve got an interview in an hour so I have to go. See you later.”
“See you…” But he had hung up before I could respond.
Feeling down in the dumps, I ran a hand through my long, dirty blonde hair as a makeshift brush. I piled it up on top of my head and tied it into a messy bun. He’d forgotten. He’d completely forgotten about my eighteenth birthday that was today. It was the first time in years I hadn’t spent a birthday party with my best friend with me. It felt different… strange. I didn’t like it.
“I miss you, Niall,” I whispered to the wall. It seemed he was too caught up in his little world to need to keep in touch with a plain old Irish friend like me. He’d moved to England a few years back, leaving me in this old, boring Irish village. But because England and Ireland were so close, it didn’t take long for either of us to travel and see the other. We both frequented the trainline often, taking turns to catch one each way and back and forth across tracts of land. It took a while, but it was well worth it.
It’s everything about you, you, you
Everything that you do, do, do
From the way that we touch baby
To the way that you kiss on me
It’s everything about you, you, you
The way you make it feel, new, new, new
Like every party is just us two
And there’s nothing I could point to
It’s everything about you, you, you
Everything about you, you, you
It’s everything that you do, do, do
It’s everything about you
Let me just explain a few things. Niall and I have grown up together. He lived right next to my grandmother, and because my parents often went into Dublin for work I would stay with her. We are only months apart in age, so naturally we became the best of friends, often jumping over the old wooden fence that ran through the two houses to hang out. After my parents died in a car crash a few years ago it was my grandmother that took me in, so I became closer and closer to Niall. He was there when I needed him the most.
It was a small village we grew up in. Niall went to St. Mary’s College, a private boy’s school, whereas I, having only my grandmother to rely on for school fees, went to the public school Mullingar Community College that was cheaper. But this didn't matter. When we had free periods we’d skip out and go grab some fish and chips at the local shops. Our schools weren’t too far apart and I only remember being caught once. After school we had a specific rendezvous point where Niall and I would go straight when the bell rang so we could walk home together.
Yes I like the way you smile with your eyes
Other guys see you but they realize that it’s my, my loving
There’s something about your laugh that makes me wanna have to
There’s nothing funny so we laughing no-no-nothing
Every minute, it’s like a last so
Let’s just take it real slow
Forget about the clock, that’s tick-tick-ticking
I still feel it every time
It’s just something I have to do
Now ask me why I want to
It was a few years back when I realized I was starting to feel different feelings for Niall. Probably when we both hit puberty. I started noticing certain… things about him. Physically and mentally. I noticed he was attractive, not only physically, but also his personality. He had beautiful, straight blonde hair that fell in just the right places. He had such a cute, heart-shaped face that almost matched mine. His blue eyes always seemed to capture me. Often, I would find myself falling deep into his gaze. His personality was also so much like mine. I had so much in common with him; the same likes, dislikes, friends. We were practically twins. I remember once we were mistaken for twins in a shopping centre in London; that was before he became famous.
But the problem was Niall had no idea what effects he was having on me.
I remember a dark time when Niall had a girlfriend. I was so jealous and I didn’t understand why I was jealous. I didn’t talk to him for about a week. Even when we walked home, we were dead silent. I didn’t know what to say. But it ended just as quickly as it began. Niall got upset with her because she didn’t want him hanging out with me. I started talking to him again, grateful that my friendship was worth more than a girl any day.
But now things are different. It’s not like he’s going out with someone; rather, he’s busy doing what he wants to do. He doesn’t have the time for someone like me anymore.
It’s everything about you, you, you
Everything that you do, do, do
From the way that we touch baby
To the way that you kiss on me
It’s everything about you, you, you
The way you make it feel, new, new, new
Like every party is just us two
And there’s nothing I could point to
It’s everything about you, you, you
Everything about you, you, you
It’s everything that you do, do, do
It’s everything about you
“Hey, Alex. Please come out of your room. We have visitors,” my grandmother called, knocking on the door. I growled and sat myself up off the bed. I stretched out my arms and got up, heading for the door. Quickly looking in the mirror, I noticed I looked a complete mess. All I was wearing was my plain white tank top over a bra and my short-short pyjama bottoms. Oh well, it would have to do I guess.
“Coming,” I yelled back at my grandmother. I pushed open the door and walked down the hallway towards the front door.
“Who is it?” I gasped. Standing before me was Niall Horan, and the rest of the guys from One Direction. Of course, I’d met them all before.
“Niall! You said you had an interview? What are you doing here?” I screamed excitedly at him, slapping him on the arm.
“Well, I couldn’t miss your birthday now, could I?” I smiled at them, ushering them all in the house.
My grandmother, turns out, had known about this surprise all along. She had phoned Niall and told him I missed him and was feeling down. I sat on the couch between Liam and Louis, flicking through channels on the television. There were plates filled with nuts and lollies all over the coffee table in front of me, and somehow a cake had materialized out of nowhere. Seriously, I didn’t see that in the fridge half an hour ago.
“Well if you’re all going to hang out here we might as well put on a movie,” I groaned, noticing there was absolutely nothing on. “There isn’t too much on the television tonight.”
“Sure, stick the Spongebob movie on!” Niall yelled with a grin. He knew that was my favourite movie to watch with him of all time. It was just so stupid and goofy, just like us.
And you have always been the only one I wanted
And I wanted you to know without you I can’t face it
All we wanna have is fun
But they say that we’re too young
Let them say what they want
It’s everything about you, you, you
Everything that you do, do, do
From the way that we touch baby
To the way that you kiss on me
It’s everything about you, you, you
It’s everything that you do, do, do
Like every party is just us two
And there’s nothing I could point to
After a while, Niall pulled me out of the room and into the kitchen so we could speak in private.
“What is the problem, Niall?” I asked. He smiled his usual sweet smile at me.
“I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday. You’re eighteen now, and my age. I also… have a question to ask of you…” I looked at him expectantly.
“Go on…”
“Alex Hastings, I love you. Be mine?” he asked. I squealed. What? Did Niall actually feel the same way about me? All this time, I was suppressing my feelings around him so I wouldn’t hurt our friendship! Why?
“Niall Horan… yes, of course!” I kissed him passionately on the lips. He kissed back, breaking away a minute later for air. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he breathed in my scent, resting his head in the crook of my neck.
“Truth is Alex, I’ve liked you for a long time now. But it’s really hard getting passed that grandmother of yours!” I giggled.
“You mean my Gran didn’t let you ask me out all this time?” He nodded. I cracked up then and there.
“My goodness, Niall. You’re so silly! She was probably playing around. Because she knew I liked you all this time as well.”
It’s everything about you, you, you
Everything about you, you, you
It’s everything that you do, do, do
It’s everything about you