One Direction One Shots

Liam Payne 8

I, I wanna save you
Wanna save your heart, tonight
He’ll only break ya
Leave you torn apart, oh
It’s a quarter to three can’t sleep at all
It’s overrated
If you told me to jump, I’d take the fall
And he wouldn’t take it
All you want is under your nose, yeah
You should open your eyes but they stay closed
Kiley Dunlop POV
“Fine, I’ll try to be there as quickly as possible,” I mumbled into the phone. It was my boyfriend, Jared. He always wanted me with him, regardless of whether or not I wanted to be with him. He was smothering me, always making out that I was his possession to all of his testosterone-driven friends.
“Come at 3:30,” he told me. I looked at my watch. That gave me about half an hour to get back, and I was only about twenty minutes away, assuming I’d catch the 3:05 train. That got me home about five minutes early.
“Yes, Jared, I’ll be there 3:30. I love you.” He hung up. I sighed, sticking the technology back into my backpack.
Jared was an interesting character. He had the air of a rebel, with piercings shot straight through as many points in his ear lobe as possible. He was tall with dark hair swept into a long side fringe, and equally dark coloured eyes.
I have to admit I don’t like him all that much. But he loves me. Or at least, that’s what he tells me frequently. Everything about Jared is clockwork. He’s always asking to do things by the half hour. It’s odd, but I guess it’s just a habit of his. He’s nice and kind for the most part, but he’s very possessive of me. He’s always making out to his friends that I’m a ‘catch’. I understand that’s a part of being a male and being in love, but sometimes I wish he treated me more like a human being, not something he owned.
But he loves me… I’m not sure if I love him back. He’s hard to read, a difficult boyfriend that I hardly know anything about but manage to spend so much time with. We share an apartment, which also makes it difficult to get out of this relationship. I don’t know what to do. He loves me, but I don’t know how to tell him I don’t return his feelings…
I, I wanna save your
Wanna save your heart, tonight
He’ll only break ya
Leave you torn apart, oh
I can’t be no superman,
Before you I’ll be super human
I, I wanna save ya, save ya, save ya tonight
Liam Payne POV
I watched as my best friend Kiley answered her phone, her gaze lowering as she recognized the number on the screen. It must be him…
Jared, her boyfriend, doesn’t approve of us hanging out. Yeah, I have feelings for her, but I won’t steep as low as to steel his girlfriend off him! Seriously, I may be famous but I’m not an arrogant prat like some superstars. And I won’t tell her she’s in the wrong relationship, because friends are supposed to be supportive.
Jared is not the right type of guy for Kiley. For one she’s far too kind for a jerk like him. She’s gullible and naïve and actually believes that he sincerely loves her. I know he doesn’t. He’s just using her because of her beauty. Who wouldn’t want to have a gorgeous woman hanging off their arm? And she is beautiful. Her emotions are always written perfectly in her large, emerald green orbs. She’s got a lovely face that matches her exquisite personality, with few freckles that grace her cheeks, her face framed by long, straight brown hair that glinted red depending on the lighting. Jared… he’s purely using her, plain and simple.
I keep thinking she’d be better off with someone else, someone like me. I appreciate her not only for her looks, although yes, I do find her attractive. She’s funny, an amazing person to be around. She always manages to bring a smile to my face whenever I see her. But I can’t tell her how I truly feel, at least not until she leaves Jared. I don’t want to ruin our strong friendship…
Oh now you’re at home
And he don’t call
Cause he don’t adore ya
To him you’re just another doll
And I tried to warn ya
What you want, what you need
Has been right here, yeah
I can see that you’re holding back those tears, tears
Kiley Dunlop POV
I waved to Liam as the train slowly pulled out of the station. He was always such a bright person, always smiling and having fun. Someone who sincerely enjoyed life to the fullest. He had a really cute smile…
“No,” I told myself, whacking myself on the head. “You’ve already got a boyfriend.” I truly did like Liam, more than a friend. But I was with Jared, I couldn’t be with two people at once! Plus, Liam only thought of me as a friend, right? Love is so confusing.
Once I had finally made it up to the 3rd floor of our building, I clicked my key into the apartment and pushed the door open. I was about ten minutes early. The train had passed by the stops quicker than I had expected. Oh well, he wouldn’t mind if I was early, would he?
“Jared?” I called out. It was unusually quiet in our usually loud living room. Usually, at this time Jared would be playing World of Warcraft, sitting himself on the couch in front of the television, laptop buzzing and headset on, screeching commands to people also playing the game overseas. The television would of course be blaring in the background, usually with MTV on. But it was deadly quiet.
“Jared?” I called again, this time louder. I heard a shuffling sound from the bedroom, and a few cusses. “Jared?”
“Don’t come in!” he shouted from the other side of the door. I furrowed my brows. That was odd. Usually he was happy for me to come into his room; actually, most of the time he persuaded me to sleep in the same bed as him seeing as we were together. I know what you’re thinking, and no, we didn’t go that far with it. He wants to, but I’d rather not just yet. He’s not the right one for me… I opened the door. I stood agasp. Why was there another girl in his bed?
I, I wanna save your
Wanna save your heart, tonight
He’ll only break ya
Leave you torn apart, oh
I can’t be no superman,
But for you I’ll be super human
I, I wanna save ya, save ya, save ya tonight
Liam Payne POV
“Kiley?” I asked surprised. Here she was, standing on my front porch, a duffle bag filled with clothes and her personal belongings in it. There were tear stains riding all the way down her cheeks. “What’s wrong?”
“He… he cheated on me, Jared…” she trailed off. “I thought he loved me!” Tears threatened to fall again. I instantaneously pulled her into a tight, comforting hug. I was completely seething. Why would someone break my Kiley’s heart? She was much more important and special than some slut you’d pick up at a bar. I vaguely wondered how long the other two were seeing each other. It could have been ages; Kiley was just too trusting.
“Shh, it’s alright. You can stay with me as long as you need. Please, come inside.” I led her into the house. She looked a complete mess.
“I’m going to kill him,” I mumbled to myself. She heard me.
“Why?” she asked. “I thought you two were friends.” I gave her a wary sideward glance.
“Truth is, Kiley, I hate him. I hate him for taking you away from me and I hate him for doing this to you.” Her eyes widened, the tears stopping as she stood there in surprise.
“What do you mean?” she finally managed to choke out.
“I mean I love you. I always have. But you were with him before I got the chance to ask you out…” She looked at me, those big emerald green eyes looking completely bewildered.
“Liam… I never loved him, and he obviously never loved me,” she began, holding back tears, “…but there’s one thing I know I love, and that’s you!” I kissed her passionately on the lips. She and I stood kissing for what felt like hours, before finally we both had to break apart for air.
“Well, I guess its sorted then. You’re coming and moving in with me,” I whispered in her ear. She merely gave me her best warm smile.
“I love you, Liam.”
“I love you too, Kiley. We’ll go on over and get the rest of your stuff tomorrow.” I was over the moon to have the girl that I had always wanted in my arms.
I, I wanna save your
Wanna save your heart, tonight
He’ll only break ya
Leave you torn apart, oh
I can’t be no superman
Before you I’ll be super human
I wanna save ya, save ya, save ya tonight