One Direction One Shots

Liam Payne 12

Circles, we going in circles
Dizzy’s all it makes us
We know where it takes us we’ve been before
Closer, maybe looking closer
There’s more to discover
Find that what went wrong without blaming each other
The that we got more time
One more falling behind
Gotta make up my mind
Daria POV
“Well, here we are honey. Welcome to your new home.” I was ecstatic. Finally, my family had to relocate from Poland to England, all because of dad’s work. He works for a big Polish gaming company called Gamelion, and seeing as the company wanted to expand across Europe, here we were. I’d always loved England, more so than any other European country, including my homeland. England was so beautiful, with all those lovely old buildings, all the history that goes with its Political power over the past few centuries. Lets just say England has always been an interest of mine.
“Well, there it is.” I smiled. The house was big, with a beautiful English garden out the front, filled with different coloured roses underneath a gorgeous oak tree. It was perfect.
“Woah, mum, this looks awesome.” I spoke in Polish. My dad, of course, had been living here already for the past month because of work. He missed both mum and me, so he’d urged us to move over with him. Mum knew no English; she only ever spoke our mother tongue. Dad had always told me that being able to learn as many languages as possible was a blessing and opened doors, so I’d studied both English and Russian very heavily back at school in Poland.
“Welcome, honey, Daria!” My father called from the doorway. I waved, jumping out of the car.
“Hello, Tatus!” I called, speaking half English half Polish. I kissed him on the cheek. “I missed you.” He pulled me into a hug.
“Well, this is your new home.” I already loved it. We walked in the front door and he gave us a tour of the house. “This will be your room.” My eyes widened. The room was at least twice the size of my room back in Poland. The walls were already painted my favourite green colour. There was a desk, a double bed with emerald sheets, and finally a bookcase that was empty, just waiting for me to stick all of my books in it.
“Perfect,” I told my dad. He gave me a quick squeeze.
“Please get changed, moje dziecko. The next door neighbors wish to welcome you to England.” I nodded, grabbing a pile of clothes. I walked into the shower and let the water cascade down my body, washing away all of the aches and pains of the long plane flight. I wondered what our next door neighbors would be like. If I were lucky, there would be someone my age that I could talk to, someone that could help me out, as my English wasn’t perfect…
Or else we’ll play, play, play all the same old games
And we wait, wait, wait for the end to change
And we take, take, take it for granted
That will be the same
But we’re making all the same mistakes
Liam POV
I was really excited. I’d been told a lot about the girl that would be my new neighbor by her father, a nice, tall, kind Polish man. He knew I was a member of the famous boy band One Direction over here, but he kept it to himself. He’d kept it from his daughter. I wondered if she knew about us over in Poland. I supposed she must have; we’d dominated most of the European charts last year with both our single and the album it came off.
“Liam, are you ready. Is your room clean?” my mother called from down the hall.
“Yeah,” I replied, picking up a dirty tissue off the floor. “Now it is.” I ran out to the kitchen and chucked the tissue in the bin.
“Good. Now, please be nice to Daria. I’m not sure how much English she knows,” I was reminded. I nodded.
“No need to worry, mum.” I reassured her.
The doorbell rang.
“Go get it, Liam,” my mother instructed. I nodded. I walked over to the front door, double-checking my fringe was straight in the small mirror that hung in the hallway. It was good.
“Hello?” I called, opening the door.
“Ah, Liam, nice to see you again,” greeted my tall next door neighbor.
“Likewise, Mr. Maciejewski!” I responded, holding out my hand to let him shake it. “You must be Mrs. Maciejewski and Daria of course, I greeted with a wave. Please, come in.”
Wow. Mr. Maciejewski never told me his daughter was my age, and attractive at that! She was a perfect height, with short brown hair and a full front fringe and big brown eyes to match. She looked a little shy, and I wondered just how much English she actually knew.
She had a rock-chick style appearance, with bright red skinny jeans, some ballet flats and a black band t-shirt that read ‘Cool Kids of Death’. They must be some Polish rock band or something.
“Welcome to England,” I told them both. She had a beautiful smile.
“Thank you. What is your name?” she asked in flawless English.
“Liam Payne,” I told her. “It’s nice to meet you, Daria.” I grabbed her hand. “I’ll give you a tour, so we can hang out more!” She laughed the sweetest of laughs; it was like music to my ears.
“Tatus, is it OK if I go with Liam?” her father nodded.
“Enjoy yourselves.”
Wake up, we both need to wake up
Maybe if we face up to this
We can make it through this
Closer, maybe we’ll be closer
Stronger than we were before
It made this something more, yeah
Think that we got more time
One more falling behind
Gotta make up my mind
Daria POV
Liam was hot. He was wearing a lose shirt with tight fitting jeans and some runners. He had a perfectly straight dirty blonde fringe that would put Justin Bieber to shame. He also had wide, chocolate brown eyes that matched my own. He was kind, and very helpful towards me. I knew we’d get on very well as friends.
But there were two things I wasn’t going to let him know just yet…
For one, I knew he was famous. I didn’t really know why, but I knew he was. I’d seen his face not an hour before on the way here, our yellow taxi passing poster after poster of a group called ‘One Direction’. I supposed they were a band of some sort.
Secondly, it would be that I already liked him, as in more than a friend. Well, let’s face it. How could you not be attracted to a face and body like that? He was fit, gorgeous, and sexy!
I followed on as Liam led the way around our street. It was all clean, paved, and perfect. The walkways had much more room than in Poland; you could walk side-by-side at least four people deep before you found an edge to the cracked concrete. Poland was a lot more jammed together, with little to no space for yourself.
“This is the park,” Liam told me, leading me into a grassed area. There was a tennis court with basketball hoops on either side. There was a play area for little kids that I’d often seen in Poland. It was empty now, the sun was just setting. “Me and the boys often come here to hang out and play a bit of football.” I nodded.
“This is a nice park. I think I will often spend time here.”
“So, Daria. What do you like doing?” Liam asked. I thought for a moment.
“Well, I like to write song lyrics. But, never in English you may have guessed. Polish… and sometimes Russian if I feel like it.” His eyes widened.
“Woah, that’s so cool!” he told me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. “What else?” I shrugged.
“Also music. Sometimes I sing.” He chuckled.
“I guess we have an awful lot in common then!” he told me. I furrowed my brows.
“You like to sing?” I asked.
“Yes, all the time!” We sat down together on a wooden bench in the park, talking a little while more.
--
Or else we’ll play, play, play all the same old games
And we wait, wait, wait for the end to change
And we take, take, take it for granted
That will be the same
But we’re making all the same mistakes
Yeah, yeah, that’s what crazy is
When it’s broken, you say there’s nothing to fix
And you pray, pray, pray that everything will be okay
While you’re making all the same mistakes
Don’t look back
But if we don’t look back
We’re only running babe
Out of me, cause ain’t this
Same mistakes again
Liam POV
“So Daria… I suppose you have a boyfriend back in Poland?” she giggled at me.
“No, actually,” she said, running a hand through her short brown hair. “I am not one of the prettiest girls. Plus, the boys in Poland like girls that are cheerleaders, thus, I have never actually had a boyfriend before.” I gave her a funny look.
“Well, that’s odd,” I told her, “…Because I think you are quite beautiful.” She blushed a wild shade of red, deciding to focus not on me but on a tree across the park.
“Well, what about you, Liam. You have a girlfriend, right?” I shook my head.
“No.” She looked at me incredulously.
“Are you being serious, or are you trying to be funny?” she asked. I shook my head.
“I’m serious, no girlfriend.” She smiled at me.
We sat in silence for a few more minutes. I looked up at the sky. It was dusk now, and the first of the stars were twinkling down on us. I sighed in contentment, turning to my new neighbor.
“We should probably head back,” I told her. But she looked so happy sitting there. So beautiful.
“Uhm, but there’s something I want to do first.” She turned to watch me with surprise. I had a sudden urge to touch her, to press my lips to hers and share some of my feelings. I gasped at my own thoughts.
“What would that be, Liam?” she asked.
“Uhm… I know this is sudden, but can we kiss?” I asked sheepishly. She gave me a look, but nodded nonetheless.
“That is alright, for I also wish to kiss you. However, this will be my first kiss…” Her English was funny, but so cute and sweet. I leant forward, closing my eyes. She did likewise, and within seconds our lips had met. I pressed my lips to hers harder, letting myself get lost in the kiss. It was amazing; I felt sparks fly in my head. We were meant to be. I pulled away for air.
“I really like you, Daria.” I told her gently. She smiled that beautiful smile.
“I like you too, Liam.” We sat there a little while longer, each staring longingly into the other’s eyes. I broke the silence.
“Come, Daria. I think we should head back. Our parents might get worried.” She giggled.
“Five more minutes?” she asked cheekily. I couldn’t say no.
So we play, play, play all the same old games
And we wait, wait, wait for the end to change
And we take, take, take it for granted
That will be the same
But we’re making all the same mistakes
Yeah, yeah, that’s what crazy is
When it’s broken, you say there’s nothing to fix
And you pray, pray, pray that everything will be okay
Why you’re making all the same mistakes