One Direction One Shots

Harry Styles 20

“It’s going to be a great day” I thought to myself sarcastically. I just rolled out of bed and opened to door to my house to pick up the newspaper and there they were again, Niall and Rachel. They know it’s not true, I know it’s not true but it still stinks seeing the girl I have a crush on being rumored to be with one of my best friends on my doorstep. I threw the paper down on the table and Louis could tell I was bothered.
“Everything ok Hazza?” he asked me.
“Eh, it’s whatever. They’re reporting Niall going out with her again. I know I shouldn’t let it bother me but it just does,” I said pouring myself a bowl of cereal.
“You know it’s not true man, it’s just the press blowing things completely out of proportion. Besides, I may know something you don’t know,” Louis said giving that mischievous and cheeky grin.
“Louis?” I asked giving him a curious look.
“Talk to Niall at the studio later, that’s all I’m saying,” he replied while throwing the newspaper back at my face.
I ate my breakfast, updated my twitter with today’s session recording and proceeded to get dressed to head over to the studio with the boys. Zayn came up with this great idea for a new song and we want to record it as fast as possible so that’s our objective for today. Louis and I left our house and headed off through the streets of London to the studio.
We walked in and all the guys were there.Zayn was talking to one of the managers whileLiam and Niall sat on the couch talking amongst themselves. They saw Louis and I walk in and Niall stood up from the couch.
“Walk with me Harry,” Niall said jokingly while wrapping an arm around my neck and leading me towards the lot out back.
“Niall, I’m not mad at you, you know that right?” I asked just to make sure.
“Of course Harry. I just felt like talking to you about it now. Rachel and I are just really good friends, you know how great she is. She gets my jokes and I make her laugh all the time, she’s a good pal. She’s a good pal to all of us. Since we’re such good friends we do a lot of talking,” Niall said while unwrapping a candy bar. This boy is always eating something!
“Niall, I’m not going to get mad at you for talking to our friend,” I answered.
“Ok, let me finish mate. We do a lot of talking, a lot of talking about you. She likes you mate, she really likes you,” he said smiling and reassuringly gripping my shoulders. “I knew you would want to know because we know you like her too,” he said and I could feel the heat rush to my cheeks.
I didn’t say anything, I just smiled in response. Niall and I went back into the studio and thankfully nothing started yet. “You guys record your parts first, I’ll be right back I promise,” I said while throwing my blazer back on. I was expecting a bit of protest but all of the guys encouragingly smiled and I think they knew why I was leaving and they all approved. Even Uncle Simon gave me an all clear to go.
I got in my car and raced towards Rachel’s house hoping she would still be home. I anxiously knocked on her apartment door with curious looks being given to me from neighbors. I knocked again until her flatmate answered the door.
“Hey, is Rachel home?” I asked shaking my left leg with nerves.
“She actually just rode her bike to the park. If you see her can you tell her it’s probably going to rain? I’m sure she would rather read her book inside then!” she joked.
“Yeah, erm thanks,” I replied as I headed toward the stairs to go back down. I got in the car again and made my way to the park that was a few blocks down. As I pulled up I could see her sitting there, her dark brown hair draping over her face as she read her book. I got out of the car and made my way over to the bench where she was sitting. She looked up and her melting chocolate eyes connected with mine and a smile spread across her face.
“Harry! What are you doing here?” she asked marking the spot in her book.
All of a sudden I got tongue tied. “It’s supposed to rain,” I said like a bumbling idiot. Giving her a weather forecast when I’m supposed to be telling her I loved her, really smooth Harry. As I said it drops of rain started falling from the sky.
“Well, I guess you were right! You came all the way here to tell me that?” she asked perplexed.
“No, no, that’s not it. Um, look Rachel, I’ve been reading the papers and I see all the things about you and Niall-“
“Oh no Harry please pay no attention to that! Niall and I are just good friends,” she said getting up from the bench as the rain came down harder. “Let’s go before we get soaked,” she said making her way towards my car. Before she could get to far I grabbed her wrist and turned her towards me.
“I love you RayRay,” I said, finally. It felt so good to finally say it instead of just having it gnawing at my mind. She stared back at me dumbfounded with the rain falling on her face. She looked down at the ground before she told me that she loved me too. We both leaned in and I pressed my lips against hers while wrapping my arm around her back. Our wet skin only made the kiss more memorable and we both pulled back and slightly giggled at how perfect everything was. We made our way back to the studio and everyone was glad to see that I had come back with Rachel, and in love.
* * * * *
“Hey Harry! Can you come upstairs for a minute?” I heard Rachel shout. Wondering what it could be I went upstairs and saw her and our 10 year old daughter Ruby sitting on our bed with a large box between them. “She found our box and she wants to know all about us before we had her but I didn’t want to do it without you,” said Rachel, my wife.
“Ruby Lynn, you little sneaky girl! I haven’t looked in here for a while myself actually, let’s have a look!” I said lifting the lid off. Inside were memories and keepsakes of Rachel and I’s relationship. Her backstage passes to some of our tours, pictures with me and the boys, the lyrics to a song I wrote for her, she kept everything.
At the bottom of the box was probably my most favorite thing. There was a very old newspaper cutout with the headline HARRY’S NEW GIRL with the picture of us kissing in the park for the first time. And in there was another cutout with the headline DIRECTIONER I DO’S with the boys and I in tuxedos and Rachel in her wedding dress.