One Direction One Shots

Louis Tomlinson 17

I can’t even think straight. I just want to go home, but it seemed like luck just wasn’t on my side today. Every light I tried to make turned red. I turned right without even realizing where I was going. I just wanted to get away. It has been one week since Louis and I got into our biggest fight yet. We mutually decided to end things, and I couldn’t handle it. I could feel this pain in my chest. A hole in my heart. I wouldn’t even wish this pain on my worst enemy. I couldn’t stop thinking about him. Most of my week was spent looking at the phone just hoping he would call. I needed to calm down. I slowly started to breathe. In and out, in and out. Slowly my brain was starting to relax. “Danielle” I remember he would, say poking my ribs. “Why are you so beautiful?” I’d blush grinning at the ground. “Because you make me beautiful, babe.” I’d reply with a cheeky grin. He would sit there and look at me like I was the most beautiful person in the world. Whenever I was with him, I did feel like the most beautiful person in the world. The way he would entangle our fingers together then kiss my hand, or when he would kiss my forehead and whisper sweet things in my ear that made me feel loved. I missed that feeling.
I remember once we got into a really bad fight about him never taking anything seriously, and he walked out. He just stopped mid-sentence and left my apartment. Tears were still streaming down my cheeks when I heard a knock at the door thirty minutes later. When I opened it, he stood there with a rose in his hand, and the most apologetic look on his face. We stood silent in the cold night air looking at each other. “I’m sorry, babe.” He whispered. His extended arm handed me the white rose, then he turned to leave. “Wait!” I yelled. He stopped and turned my way. In the dark I could barely make out a tear flowing down his face. “Why white?” I asked. He looked confused. “Why am I white?” I rolled my eyes.
“Oh, sorry. I suppose I’m not being very serious now am I, babe? What was your question?”
“I was wondering…why did you choose a white rose?” Most guys always gave girls red roses, maybe an occasional pink, but never white. A slight grin spread across his face. He was silent for a moment.
“Because it’s the most unique and beautiful rose…just like you.” Right when he said that, I wasn’t so mad anymore. I just wanted to forget the whole entire fight and be in his arms. I ran straight down the stairs and into his arms. He embraced me tightly, nuzzling his face in the crook of my neck. ‘I love you.” He mumbled. I looked up at him astonished. Love? We had never told each other that before. “What?” I whispered pressing my forehead against his. “Never mind.” He said letting me go. I wrapped my arms around his neck. “Did you just tell me you love me?” I could see him blush.
“Yeah, I did.” I smiled at his cuteness.
“I love you too!” I said. He grinned hysterically wide then pressed his lips on mine in a warm, loving kiss. “Did I mention I love you? Because I do! I love you!” He said in-between kisses.
I smiled at that memory. The road I was driving seemed all too familiar. I just caught a glance at a familiar sign when I realized where I was headed. Louis’ flat. I immediately stopped and pulled over. This was not happening! I need to turn around and go home. If he really cared he would call me and apologize. We are broken up. I sighed and leaned my head against the head rest. I couldn’t hold back the tears any longer. I sat silently and uncontrollably sobbed. How could he be doing all of this to me? This one person. I realized I would have to be the bigger person. It takes two to run a relationship right? He couldn’t always be the one to apologize. I started up my car and continued the rest of the way to his house. I needed a happy memory to get me by.
“You guys have been seeing each other a while.” Zayn said starring at Louis and me. I blushed as Louis smiled at Zayn. We’d been dating for over a year now. “Yep! An eternity!” I giggled.
“So when’s the wedding.” Just when I thought Louis’ smile couldn’t get any bigger, it did. I blushed even more and hid my face in my hands. “I don’t know. I was kinda hoping soon. Right babe?” He asked pulling me closer to him. I looked up at him and he winked. “Oh!” Zayn mocked. “You guys are so cute together.”
As soon as Zayn left, Louis grabbed me by the waist and whispered. “So when is our wedding?” I looked at him and saw the most handsome man ever. “You wanna marry me?” I asked. I never understood why me? Why did he love me? Their was so much more beautiful girls in this world, and he could have anyone he liked. So why me? “Oh course!” He said pulling me closer. He lips pressed softly to my neck. “I’m seriously convinced you’re the one.” I smiled then kissed his cheek. “Then hopefully soon, love?” I asked. He chuckled in my ear. “I hope so.”
Here I am, standing in front of Louis’ door. I contemplated knocking. Before I could, I carefully wiped away the tears from my cheeks. I didn’t want him see that I had been crying. I didn’t want him to see me a mess. A gust of cold air whipped across my face as I knocked on his door. Please don’t be home. I secretly wished. I couldn’t face him. But, again, luck just wasn’t on my side today. The door opened and there in front of me was this…mess. Louis’ hair was everywhere! But not in his is usual ,cute, untidy way. This was different a…mess. A horrible mess. His eyes were red and blood shot, he had a rough stubble, he was half naked with nothing but red, white and blue, star briefs on and socks. And I was afraid of him thinking I looked a mess? When he saw me his eyes lit. There was this spark that I missed about him. “Oh gosh..” He mumbled. “I’m so sorry I’m a mess.”
“Its-”
“Come in?” He asked. I looked at my feet.
“Sure.” I stepped inside. His house was just as bad as he was. There was an empty box of pizza on the floor. Along with many other things, such as: empty water bottles scattered everywhere, Blankets bawled up on the couch, crumbs on the floor, a picture of us, and a bag of carrots on the table. It looked as if a homeless person made a home on his couch. Maybe he was doing worse than I was. I watched as he moved the blankets and made space for me to sit. “Here.” He said gesturing. I hesitantly sat down. “I’ll be right back!” he said dashing off to his room. I sat and stared at the TV. He was watching a movie on LMN. I chuckled. He hated LMN.
A few minutes later he was back looking much better than before. He was fully dressed now. He maybe even washed up. Cutting the TV off, he looked at me. We didn’t say anything. Just taking in each others presence was enough. “I missed you.” he finally said. “I’m sorry.” I mumbled, tears escaping my eyes now. He rushed over to me and wiped away my tears with his thumb. He smelt good. “I don’t want this.” I said. He stopped and looked into my eyes. My insides felt warm and my heart beat faster. “Me either.” He looked away. “I thought I did….but I can’t stand not being with you.” I felt his hand on my waist now. “You think maybe we could…try again?” I smiled a faint smile. The first smile I smiled all week. “Gosh, I love to see you smile.” He said grinning. I leaned my forehead against his. “I love to see you.” He leaned in and kissed me and I felt myself again. The pain went right away. He was my medicine. I pulled away and looked at his floor. “So…you were quit a mess when I was gone, huh?” He blushed. “So you never answered my question, babe.”
“What was your question?” I asked.
“Are we trying again?” I smiled.
“Yes!” He kissed me then pulled me into his lap.
“I love you!” He yelled. I laughed harder.
“I love you too!”
“Did I mention I love you? Because I do! I love you!” He said in-between kisses. Just like old times.