One Direction One Shots

Niall Horan 23

Tonight was the big night of the NYE Party in Manhattan. I was going with my best girl friend Lily and a few others. This was going to be the party of the year. Well most of the NYE parties usually turn out that way especially in New York. Anyone could be there celebrating with you, if those people weren’t performing for the big show down at Times Square there was a big chance they were going to be up on one of these roof tops.
Lily was taking forever to get ready. Though I don’t know why, she usually doesn’t wear a lot of makeup. But then again she usually can’t make up her mind on what she wants to wear for the day.
I banged on the bathroom door, “Lily! Hurry up or we’ll never get a cab to the building!”
“I’m hurrying! I’m almost done! Alright,” she said coming out, “So what do you think?”
“You look great! Can we go now?”
“Yeah!”
So we ran down the stairs of our apartment building to the streets.
Every cab we tried to hail was full.
“Shit, we’re never going to get a cab at this time of night,” I said disappointed.
“Awh, don’t say that! I promised you that we’re going to a great ass NYE party! And that’s exactly where we’re going!”
“And how are we going to get there?”
“Well you’re lucky that you have a friend who just so happens to be very handy with motor vehicles,” she said with a wicked smile.
“And what’s that supposed to mean?”
“Well it means that if the cute guy that lives down stairs just so happens to have left his keys in the secret compartment of his motorcycle, well then it could be easily stolen,” she said, “And well you know it also helps that he’s out with his girl of the month to another party, so he won’t really miss his bike tonight.”
“Lily, you don’t even know how to ride a motorcycle,” I said in disbelief.
“Now, Sammi, don’t question my skills,” she said starting the ignition, “Well do you want to go to the party or not,” she asked handing me the second helmet. I got on the bike behind her and hugged her tightly. “I don’t want to die tonight, that would such a shitty way to begin the year,” I yelled over the sound of the engine.
“Don’t worry, I’ll get us there in one piece,” she said.
She almost seemed a little too happy about this. We drove to the building in such a blur. Next thing I knew we were already there. She gave the bike keys to the valet. I must say, the face of the valet when he saw the both of us getting off the bike was priceless. Lily and I couldn’t help but laugh.
“Cat got your tongue?,” I asked.
“Uh,” he said shocked, “no ma’am.”
“Good, now can you please put this in valet,” Lily said tossing him the keys.
She grabbed my hand and we ran to the elevator. “Do you know what floor we have to go to?”
“Yeah, the roof.”
“What?! But it’s freezing outside! Only reason why my legs didn’t break off was because of the heat of the engine.”
“They’re going to have heaters. Now come on!”
So we entered the elevator.
“Hey! Hold the lift,” I heard someone yell. I held the door open to see a blonde man and four others running behind him.
“Thanks,” he said running out of breath. The four others entered. They were all so pretty and they all looked familiar, but I just can’t place where I had seen them from. But damn, they were handsome. Lily hadn’t noticed them yet.
“See, now didn’t I tell you I was going to get you here in one piece?”
“Yeah I guess so,” I said fairly cynical, “I’ve got to admit the guy’s face at the valet was pretty priceless when he saw us get off the bike,” I said laughing.
“That was you guys,” one of the boys said. He had wild chestnut hair and piercing cerulean eyes. I can see Lily eyeing him up and down. Looks like I know who Lily has her sights on for the night.
“Yeah,” she replied back, “We couldn’t get a cab, and well we couldn’t find another ride. Oh I’m Lily by the way, and this is my best friend Samantha.”
“Nice,” he said. I could see that he was taking an interest in her too, “Well I’m Louis, and this is Niall, Harry, Liam and Zayn.” Then he turned his attention back to Lily.
“So you guys sound like you’re not from around here,” I said.
“I’m from Ireland,” said the blonde one (I think his name was Niall?),”and the rest of the lads are from England.”
As soon as he said that the elevator doors opened. Lily said goodbye and grabbed my hand and soon we were making our rounds. We were talking to practically everyone at the party. Taking drinks from the waiters. By 11 we were exhausted and we were only here for an hour. We decided to take a seat at one of the couches.
Across the way I saw the boys again. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed that Niall kept an eye on me. We occasionally exchanged glances at each other. He would blush every now and then when he saw me catch him looking at me.
After a while I had grown tired of sitting down and it started to feel a bit stuffy inside so I went out to the balcony and got some fresh air. I leaned over the ledge just taking in the city. The view of the people down in Times Square. Hearing the musical performances.
I was taken away from my thoughts by a gentle voice, “Hi. You’re Samantha right?”
I turned to look at who was talking to me. It was Niall. “Yeah it is,” I said with a small smile.
He was handing me a champagne flute, “Looks like you could use a drink.”
“How thoughtful,” I said taking the flute, “Thank you.”
“So what are you doing out here? Why aren’t you in there with your friend?”
“It started to feel a little too stuffy. I just wanted to get some fresh air.”
“Oh, I see,” he said shying away, “Well I’ll let you go back to whatever it was that you were doing.”
“You don’t have to leave,” I said taking his hand, “Why don’t you stay. It’s nice just talking to someone instead of trying to remember names and such.” I gave a small smile. He replied by giving me this big smile and we ended up talking the rest of the night away.
It was growing closer and closer to midnight. It was actually the last minute of the year. I told him that I had to go and find Lily and he was sad to see me go. But then the countdown started. As I started to walk away he grabbed my arm and dipped me.
“Happy New Year Samantha,” he said looking into my eyes. Then he went in for the kiss. Fireworks were going off in the background. Everyone cheering. I finally opened my eyes to see his piercing into mine. I held on to him smiling, “Oh yeah, this is going to be a good year.” With that our lips met one more time.