One Direction One Shots

Louis Tomlinson 18

Well, you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but you’re so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks, and I’m trying to get back
Before the cool done run out I’ll be giving it my best test
And nothing’s gonna stop me but divine intervention
I reckon it’s again my turn to win some or learn some
I won’t hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I’m yours
Charlie POV
It was a nice sunny day, and I was lapping it up. Although my pale skin usually never got this much sun in even a month back at home, it was nice to feel the heat radiate off my skin. I was sure to get sunburnt, but I didn't mind in the slightest. This was just what cruises were for. A time to relax, take a break by sitting by the pool and watching as the waves lap against the edge of the ship.
“Hi,” a group of boys came up to me and sat down on the seats, some dropping their towels and jumping straight in the water. I’d had the area all to myself; most people on this cruise liner didn’t rise until late afternoon, but partied hard until the early morning. I had like the piece and quiet, but it wasn’t so bad; the boys here were quite attractive… especially in swimwear.
“Hi,” I responded, flicking some of my blonde hair from my face.
“You don’t mind if we join you, do you?” I shrugged.
“Nope. It’s all good. You guys enjoy yourselves.” The boys all smiled at me. There were five altogether. One was tall with dark hair and dark eyes, another slightly shorter with brown hair and chocolate coloured eyes, a blonde-haired boy with blue eyes that put the ocean to shame, another with curly locks and emerald eyes, and finally one with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. His hair was straight and almost fell across his eyes. He was tall, attractive, and sporting almost a six pack. Woah, was he hot!
“So, who are all you guys?” The boys all looked at me funnily.
“Well, I’m Louis. That’s Zayn, Liam, Harry, and Niall,” the hot boy said. I thought for a moment.
“You guys all look and sound familiar…” Louis chuckled.
“So what’s your name?” he asked.
“Charlie,” I said, nodding to them all. “Nice to meet you guys.” The boys were splashing about for the good part of an hour by the time I’d decided to pack everything up. I kept trying to think of where I’d seen all the guys before, but nothing came. I soon gave up, snapping my book shut and deciding to head in. I should have a shower and go inside for lunch.
“Aren’t you going to jump in, Charlie?” Louis called. I shook my head.
“Nah, I’m heading back in. See you guys around, I guess?” The boys nodded.
“Yeah. We might catch you at dinner.” Louis told me. I smiled at him.
“Yeah. Well, I’m off.”
Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn you’re free
Look into your heart and you’ll find love, love, love
Listen to the music of the moment people dance and sing
We are just one big family
It’s your god forsaken right to be loved, loved, loved, loved
So I won’t hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait I’m sure
There’s no need to complicate our time is short
This is our fate, I’m yours
Louis POV
I was sad to see that Charlie girl go. She was beautiful, but obviously a little shy. She didn’t talk much or jump in with us, instead content on sitting in the sun, watching the waves, and reading her book. She was really quite beautiful. Blonde, shoulder-length hair cascaded around her, framing her delicate, pale face. She had bright blue eyes that hid behind black-rimmed glasses. She was short and curvy, but she looked so cute and sweet. I decided to get up and sit down for a while, resting my wet body. I lay my blue beach towel out on the seat next to where Charlie was sitting. The place still smelt like her. I stuck my sunglasses on and lay down. The sun was bright; I was sure to burn. My skin was so used to the cloudy weather that often occurred in England that any amount of sun was probably doing me damage.
“Oh no,” I said aloud. Liam looked at me.
“What's up, Louis?” he asked. I held up a phone. It was an iPhone, with a few band name stickers on the back. It was black, sleek, and well looked after. I pressed a few buttons. There was no passcode. I scrolled a little to find the info about it, and surely enough ‘Charlie’ popped up as the name of the owner.
“This must be Charlie’s. I should go return it, but I don’t know where she’s staying at…” Niall giggled.
“Yeah you do. She’s staying on this ship, isn’t she?” I rolled my eyes.
“No, I meant what room she’s staying in.” Zayn nodded.
“Well, we’ll see her at dinner, don’t worry. There’s only one place to eat here and that’s the buffet. We can find her then to return the phone.” I nodded.
I decided to have a peak through her files, especially the music ones. There was no One Direction songs; only rock and alternative music filled her music library.
“Well, she doesn’t seem to be a fan of One Direction.” I told the guys. Niall shrugged.
“Well, she didn’t really recognize us. What music’s she into?” he asked. I read out a few band names.
“My Chemical Romance, Three Days Grace, Escape the Fate… mostly rock it looks like.” Zayn jumped out of the pool and came over to me.
“Interesting,” he told me, stealing the phone, “but there’ll be some One Direction after we do our performance tonight.” I nodded. Yes, that was happening tonight. The owner of this cruise liner had found out that we were on board, and wanted us to take the stage before dinner as a little performance. We’d never performed on a ship before. It was bound to be an experience. But I couldn’t stop thinking about her. Charlie. Was she going to be watching us, and was she going to like what she heard? I hoped so.
I’ve been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
My breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and laughed
I guess what I’m saying’s there isn’t no better reason
To rid yourself of vanity and just go with the seasons
It’s what we aim to do
Our name is our virtue
I won’t hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I’m yours
Charlie POV
I made my way down to the buffet area of the ship all by myself. I’d actually come on this cruise with my parents, but they were too wrapped up in their own little world to notice me. When I was asleep at night they were often up celebrating, and when I was up during the day they were out of it. Actually, they were sleeping now, back in our hotel room. They didn’t really care what I did. I’m eighteen now, so I could practically do whatever I wanted as a legal adult anyway. I’d decided to stick on my favourite black skinny jeans and Dunlop Volleys, wearing a ‘Bullet for my Valentine’ band t-shirt over a white undershirt. My t-shirt was several sizes too big, because I liked wearing baggy clothes. I felt so much more comfortable with more space. I’d stuck on a load of silver and coloured bracelets that ran up my arm, and stuck on a little eyeliner. My nails painted black, as usual.
I guess you could say I looked either goth or emo.
I took a table close to the edge of the cruise liner so I could look out the window. I walked over to the buffet table and decided to grab a few pieces of fruit. Once I’d sat back down an announcement went overheard on the PA.
“For entertainment tonight, we have the British boyband One Direction performing their hit single, ‘What Makes You Beautiful’. Please enjoy the performance.” With that, five boys took to the stage located in the centre of the buffet area. I looked on in shock.
“Louis?” They all began singing. So that’s where I knew them all from! I’m British myself, but seeing as I don’t really watch much television I hadn’t really noticed their popularity, aside from through a friend and on posters in the city. And I can’t admit I’ve ever listened to a song by them…
Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn your free
Look into your heart and you’ll find, that the sky is yours
Louis POV
Once we'd finished singing, I quickly made my way over to the table where I’d spotted her from up on stage.
“So, how did you like our performance, Charlie?” I asked. She smiled at me.
“You guys are amazing. Pity I didn’t know about your music sooner!” I laughed at her.
“Oh, by the way, you left your phone back at the pool.” I handed her the device. “You should be more careful with it next time.” She nodded.
“Thanks.”
“Say, mind if me and the guys join you?” She shook her head.
“No, go right ahead.” The others congregated to the table, taking their places around her. I was saved the last seat, right next to her.
I really liked Charlie, but I wasn’t sure how to go about it. She was funny, outgoing, and open. I really got on well with her, and it was nice to learn more and more about her, slowly over the course of the meal. I decided to give it a go.
“Hey Charlie, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime?” She blushed and gave me a nod.
“Sure.” I gave her a gentle kiss on the cheek.
“Awesome, so what room are you?”
“Room 495.” I nodded, grabbing a spoonful of dessert. This cruise could be very sweet indeed.
So please don’t, don’t please don’t
(There’s no need to complicate)
Cause our time is short
This is, this is, this is our fate
I’m yours