World Is Ugly

One

Young girl sighed and pushed her huge black sunglasses further to her nose as she watched the men from moving company bringing her stuff from the van to her new house. She licked her painted bright red lips impatiently and pulled out the phone from the back pocket of the tight black jeans, checking the time before showing it back.
"Isn't this house too big for one person?" one muscular guy asked her jokingly as grabbing two last boxes in his hands.
"Aren't you too curious?" she snapped as rolling her beautiful dark brown eyes.
"Sorry ma'am, just asking," he defended himself not wanting any trouble.
"I live with my friend," she explained quickly and lightened up the cigarette, hoping it will stop any other questions.
The guy quickly understood her motive and turned around, bringing last boxes in the house. "There you go, everything is there. Have a nice day," he said before getting in his van and driving away with his collegue.
She knew that he only felt relief as he drove away. She had that effect on people. They weren't exactly afraid of her, but felt there was something dangerous about this gorgeous girl.
If only they knew.
Alexis Stevens was not just an ordinary human. Mostly she was not normal human being. She was a vampire and even she was frozen like a photograph and looked like 23 years old girl, she actually was almost 70.
"Hey Lexi!" girl's voice interrupted her thoughts and her lips automatically curved into a smile.
"Finally! I've been here for two hours, two fucking hours!" she said instead of greeting as tiny brown haired girl hugged her.
"Don't be grumpy," the other girl winked back. "I highly doubt you don't have much time since you're undead."
"For God Sake, shut up Carrie. I want to live here for more than few months," Lexi hissed while looking around if anybody could hear them.
"Oh come on, do you honestly think we can live here like normal human beings?" Carrie rolled her eyes and made her way inside their new home, shortly followed with the other friend.
"We can. I mean, nobody knows us, we can start being nice chatty girls who everybody likes. And no one will be suspicious!" Lexi said, excitement bursting from every word.
"We will never fit in. Face it, Lexi, we are monsters!" Carrie laughed out, though her laugh didn't held joy, and she turned to her new room leaving her standing by the door with a frown.
Carolyn Miller was Alexis's best friend from the day they met at a bar, where she was working. The scars on her upper thigh reminded her she will never be normal. That she had to face her fear every single month, with no escape. It happened two years ago, where she was camping in the woods with her boyfriend. It all happened too quickly, him lying on the ground dead, with his chest ripped open, and her starring in dark eyes of the monster. With two loud shots it was dead, but she was already scratched and there was no coming back. Carrie became a werewolf.
***
"Why are you still staring outside?" handsome young man asked his friend as walking into the kitchen and grabbing a mug of tea from the counter.
"You know, there is no much to do when you are a ghost!" she rolled her eyes not looking away from the window.
"You should scare people or what. But sure staring at people for hours also counts as creepy," Mitchell grinned as standing beside her, looking the same direction as her, but didn't spot anything what could catch his attention.
"We have new neighbours," Annie said cheerfully.
"So?" he shrugged and sipped from the tea.
"So? Mitchell, we need to stay in touch with everyone. After all, it was you who used to invite all our neighbours to our house," beautiful girl explained finally looking away from the window and situating herself on the counter.
"It was other situation. And beside, you can't be seen by normal people," he simply pointed out.
"You are unbelievable! George, tell him!" Annie almost yelled at the other guy who just entered the kitchen.
"What? I definitely do not want to be involved in any of your arguments," George shook his head and sat down on one chair with a sigh.
"Are you alright?" Mitchell asked as eyeing him carefuly. He didn't look well and it had nothing to do with the fact full moon was in week.
"I just miss her," George sighed, reffering to his now ex-girlfriend, and lied his head on the table.
"We should get wasted!" Mitchell laughed as Annie only rolled her eyes.
"Do you think getting drunk will solve all the problems?" she asked, but groaned in frustration as George's face lighted up immediately.
"That would be nice," he smiled softly.
"George, we have new neighbours," Annie informed him happily.
"Wonderful, another poeple we can't talk to because we are monsters. And another poeple who would think we are freaks who talk to themselves as we actually talk to you, but of course they just can't see you!" George yelled and started to sob again.
Mitchell just shrugged at Annie before putting the cup away with his shaking hands and grabbed his coat. He walked out of the house, glancing at the small house on the other side of the street, where someone just moved in. He took one step towards it, but changed his mind immediately and walked the other direction.
Little did he know, his life was about to change.