World Is Ugly

Fifteen

"Don't you find it odd how quickly George and Carrie replaced us? I mean, she used to spend all her time with me, but now I only see her, if I'm lucky, once a day. And I bet George is the same," Lexi asked as she sat on the sofa again, but this time properly without occupping the whole place.
"No. I actually think that's pretty logical, they're dating. And they have this werewolf thing between them, something what George didn't experienced before," Mitchell shrugged and walked to the kitchen.
"I know and I'm completely happy for her, she didn't have much luck in love. But I still find it quite uncomfortable without her, you know that feeling that you're missing something," Lexi added after he returned carring two blue mugs full of coffee.
"What about you?" Mitchell asked as handing one with hot steaming liquid to her.
"What about me?" she frowned, not getting it as she brought the mug to her nose inhaling the strong scent.
"Did you have luck in love?" Mitchell asked as staring deeply in her dark eyes, not even realizing he moved closer curious for answer.
"Well, not much. With others it was always about blood, not about love. Not even about lust," Lexi sighed and drank some coffee, deep down hoping it would be red essential liquid.
"Did you date other guys?" Mitchell frowned making Lexi laughed out.
"Of course I did. Do you think I was hidden in a dark hole for all those years, hoping you would come back and save me? Mitchell, I am too old to believe in fairytales," she admitted with a soft smile.
"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. It's just that...the hunger is so..just so much. And I can't handle it. I really want to, but I can't. At least, I cannot do it alone," he whispered after a moment of silence and looked away feeling guilty.
"I can't help you, I have the same fears as you do. But we do have each other," she smiled at him and squeezed his hand in support.
"Gosh, you are so unbelievably beautiful. How could I made such a mistake and messed your innocence?" he sighed.
"Well, if you didn't I would be dead. Which I am also now, but you know, I wouldn't be here with you, I would be full of maggots or well, I would probably be just a clean skeleton. Hell, do you get it?" Lexi struggled lightly.
"This time I will not mess up. I'll protect you from anyone and everything what could hurt you. Even I am afraid the worst enemy of yours is in the end me," Mitchell said, his heart screaming what he felt.
"My biggest fear is me, my own hunger and my own actions. You are the one who can save me," Lexi whispered, meaning every word, and her mind went blank as he kissed her lovingly. The kiss slowly turned into a more passionate one and Mitchell ran his hand under her shirt as she moaned in his mouth.
"The worst thing while being dead is that you cannot do that!" a high pitched voice made both lovers winced and they pulled away finding a beautiful ghost girl standing in front of them.
"Um hello Annie," Lexi cleared her throath awkwardly as she sat a bit away from Mitchell.
"How long have you been here?" Mitchell asked her as still processing what happened.
"Enough to envy you, but not long enough to appear like a creepy stalker," Annie explained cheerfully.
"Oh, sweety, you have no idea how creepy it actually is," Lexi mumbled only receiving a chuckle from Mitchell.
"You know, I miss all of those little things. I miss kissing, holding hands with that special one. Oh god, I miss sex!" Annie continued talking not noticing Lexi's comment.
"And why are you thinking this is something you should tell us?" Mitchell asked slowly unsure for her reaction.
"I don't know, I really don't," Annie shook her head, wild smile not leaving her perfect face.
"Annie, I understand this is your house, but maybe you could think of not popping somewhere without warning. I mean, I really like you, you're great friend, but I really don't want you to see you in the same room while having sex," Lexi groaned in frustration.
"You guys are so..ugh, I don't know..prudent!" Annie rolled her eyes and walked away leaving them both with their mouths opened.
"Will someone explain me what just happened here?" Lexi shook her head in disbelief.
"I am afraid we live with a horny ghost," Mitchell chuckled recieving a punch from Lexi, but soon she also start laughing.
"Oh gosh, I think we should set her up with some other ghost. I knew one back in the USA, but don't know anything about him, since I moved away. It's a pity, he was really cute and over all great person, well ghost, and I think he would be perfect match for Annie," Lexi pointed out.
"You are seriously not thinking about finding a love match to dead girl, right?" Mitchell raised his eyebrow at the girl beside him.
"Well, you have to agree it would solve some problems," Lexi smiled and slapped lightly his thigh.
"Like what?" he shook his head, not understanding what she was talking about.
"Mitchell, you are so slow at thinking. Imagine Annie would have some friend who she would spend time with. Well, she wouldn't be home so often, therefor..." Lexi explained slowly, but rolled her eyes at his uncertain face. "We could have sex anywhere Mitchell!"
"Oh, right!" his face lightened up immediately as she said that.
"You must have been part of some crisis management or something where you must think quickly. Because you certainly are great at it. How do you do it? Your fast thinking. Really, what kind of training do you have?" Lexi raised her eyebrows sarcastically.
"Shut up and go get dressed, I think I'll need beer if I'll have to spend more hours with you," Mitchell teased her.
"You will beg me for staying longer," Lexi whispered with a smirk and before she closed the door she lifted her middle finger at him, only causing a pillow being throw at her direction.