World Is Ugly

Sixteen

"Can I open the door or will there be more flying pillows?" Lexi yelled as slowly opening the door and peaking inside.
"It depends. Will you give me a reason for doing that?" Mitchell yelled back from the sofa, but his face soften as seeing her. "You look gorgeous."
"Thanks," Lexi smirked and smoothed her black top she was wearing with black leather leggings, black boots and red leather jacket. "I wasn't even trying."
"Just come on," Mitchell roared with laughter at her smooth lie and he grabbed her hand as he pulled her to him. "We both know you weren't lying on the sofa resting the last hour, you was making yourself beautiful. Even you already are, without make up or other accessories. Just the way you are," he admitted and placed loving kiss of her lips before they walked out and headed to a local pub.
Mitchell's dark eyes shifted lightly to Lexi as he was studying secretly her profile. She was perfect in every single way to him. He fell in love with all those little things about her, the way she smiled, the sound of her voice, even her sarcastic attitude. She never stopped amaze him, yet he never truly understood her. He never seemed to understand her bipolar personality. She was hating him, yet still she said she loved him. She made love to him, yet still she hit him occasionally. But that was something what made him crave for her more. She was never predictable, he never knew what she was going to do or say. And that was that one thing he found unbelievably perfect about her.
"What are you thinking about?" Lexi said without looking at him just as they turned the corner and the pub appeared in front of them.
"About how bipolar you are," Mitchell said truthfully and a throathy laugh escaped his lips.
"Lovely," Lexi rolled her eyes and her dark orbs widen as she stepped into a pub. "What do we have here?" she chuckled as she spotted two figures in the corner table.
"Public display of affection," Mitchell laughed as he looked at the back of George's head as he was kissing his girlfriend.
"And only because of that she couldn't spend time with me? Rubbish!" Lexi snorted as she confidently walked to the couple. "Save it for later," she said as she sat down making both of them winced and pulled away.
"Um, Lexi? Mitchell? What are you guys doing here?" George asked as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.
"Ruining your make out session," Mitchell winked and clicked his tongue as he sat next to Lexi.
"Mitchell needs to get drunk to be able to spend time with me," Lexi explained as she rolled her eyes.
"So yeah, nothing really changed, right? You guys are still the same," Carrie pointed her finger at them with a smile.
"Why should we change?" Lexi's forehead wrinkled from her confusion.
"I don't know, but one would think that since you two are now a thing you would be much nicer or what," Carrie shrugged and sipped from her beer.
"First of all, I am nice person all the time!" Lexi said offended and snorted as the others just laughed. "And then, I don't understand why should I change for anyone."
"You can either love her or hate her. There is nothing in between," Mitchell chuckled and pinched her cheek playfully.
"I'm starting to believe that it is me who will need beer to be able to be with you," Lexi mumbled and waved at the waiter to get her order.
"Just be careful or you will most certainly turn into an alcoholic," George pointed out with a soft smirk playing on his lips.
"What's the difference, I'm already blood addict so one more addiction is nothing I wouldn't handle," Lexi shrugged and drank from her beer.
"Alright Lexi, could you come with me?" Carrie rolled her eyes and without asking for her approval she stood up. "Excuse us for a second."
"What's the matter?" Lexi asked her friend as they turned the corner and walked into a ladies room.
"I don't know, I found it quite awkward there," Carrie shrugged and ran her hand through her brown hair.
"Come on, I know you. So what's the problem?" Lexi repeated her previous question and leaned against the sink next to her friend.
"Oh, well, Lexi, I'm sorry, I just don't trust him. Why are you with him? Did you forget what he did? Do you actually trust him after everything he has done?" Carrie blurted out quickly.
Lexi didn't say anything in a while, processing every her word in her mind. Was she true? Was she really making mistake when taking Mitchell back? "Carrie, I know it may be a crucial mistake. But my heart says me it is not. That I made right decision. I am not saying I trust him again, but I was so tired of pretending I don't care for him. I truly love him, god I've been madly in love with him from the very first time. And all these years he was everything I thought of. The hell, just one glance in his eyes and I am his. He has this power above me that I'm willing to do whatever he says. Part of me hates it, but there is part of me which adores it. I actually love how my knees go weak whenever he kisses me. Carrie, I am sorry, but I really cannot fight it anymore. So I gave in and it actually makes me happy," Lexi explained.
"I just don't want you to get hurt," Carrie admitted.
"Me neither, but I guess that's how life goes. Well in my case, death." Lexi smirked breaking the serious conversation and turned it into a more comfortable one.
"I needed to tell you that, I just couldn't hold it anymore," she smiled and squeezed Lexi's hand softly.
"I know and I love you for that," Lexi smiled. "Come on now, let's get back to them."
She walked out of the bathroom, shortly followed with Carrie, but she was immediately grabbed by someone, one hand covering her mouth while she felt something sharp digged into a soft skin around her heart area. She shifted a bit, trying to get away from him, but as she did the object was just pushed further to her skin, so she gave in.
"Say something and I will kill her within a second," Liam's voice said quietly, but Carrie heard him and she nodded shakily. "Now, Alexis my love, you are quite hard to kill. I mean I tried it back in that alley, but your little boyfriend saved you. I tried it during the ball, but I guess I ran out of luck, since you are still here."
"Y-you...it was you?" Carrie whispered, her eyes wide opened, as she realized Liam was the cause of explosion back at the masquarade ball.
"Obviously it didn't work since Lexi is still here. Now this pretty doll and me need some time alone, so if you please excuse us. Don't you think of following us, I won't hesitate to kill her, even it would ruin my plans. Well, look at those beautiful eyes for the last time," Liam laughed dryly as watching Lexi's widen orbs. "Wait five minutes, only then return back to your company. Remember say anything and I will stab her."
"Lexi..." Carrie whispered, her vision blurry, as she watched her friend being dragged away to the back door and she collapsed on the ground.