World Is Ugly

Seventeen

"Oh, you girls took quite a time," George said jokingly as Carrie returned to their table, but froze at seeing her. She was crying, her make up was smudged from the tears, her face was white and her eyes widen with fear.
"What happened?" he asked immediately.
"Where's Lexi? "Mitchell asked at the very same time, his breath caught in throat, fearing the worst.
"S-she...he..gone," Carrie sobbed unable to form the sentence and she hiccupped slightly. George caressed her cheek gently and squeezed her hand in support, but Mitchell didn't care.
"Where the hell is Lexi?" he yelled at her.
"Stop it Mitchell! Love, are you alright? Tell us what happened, it is very important," George glared at him, but continued softly to his girlfriend.
"He..L-Liam took her. He said he will kill her if I try something, I-I couldn't. I don't know where he took her. H-he is the one who is responsible for the explosion at the ball. It was him. And he now has Lexi," Carrie explained before a cry won over her again and George pulled her to his chest, trying to comfort her, while his face whitened as he glanced at Mitchell.
Mitchell lost it, his world crashed down. Knowing Lexi was in danger and he couldn't do anything about it made his undead heart stop. The rage mixed with unbelievable sadness and it paralyzed his whole body. "I cannot loose her again, I just cannot," he said more to himself just as he busted out crying.
***
"Finally, you're awake doll, I was afraid you died already. But I guess if you're undead and not normal human being, your body floats away just like a smoke. At least that's what movies say," Liam chuckled as he realized Lexi winced in her chair.
She was tied up with several ropes, which didn't allow her to move an inch, her dark hair was falling on face and sticking on it. Her face was covered with dried blood, which mixed with tears and sweat, and several cuts and bruises were also on her soft skin. Liam tortured her and she couldn't do anything about it, just to hope for her death.
"Come on doll, it is not much fun if you pass out through it. Man up, you are a vampire, aren't you supposed to heal quickly? And besides, I don't find it amusing enough if you're not trying to fight back," Liam continued and pulled other chair in front of her, so he was now facing her.
"I think you should man up and kill me already. Or are you too scared to do that?" Lexi whispered, a dry laugh escaped her sore throat.
"Oh trust me, I will. But I won't make it easy. I will enjoy every single second of it, your every cry or sob. You'll try to fight back even knowing you can't win. Tell me, how does it feel to be so helpless?" Liam asked with a smirk.
"I promise I will fucking tore your head off!" Lexi yelled, frightened and frantic at the same time.
"And how do you think you'll do it? Honey, you are helpless, tied up to chair, injured and exhausted. And no one knows where we are, no one will came to save you!" he yelled back at her with a demoniac look in his eyes.
And deep down Lexi knew he was right.
***
"What the fuck do you mean? How can I not do anything?" Mitchell yelled at George and ran his hand through his hair in frustration.
"Mitchell, you cannot go to the police! What are you going to say? Some vampire just kidnapped my girlfriend, who is just by the way a vampire too?" George said quickly, trying to convince his friend.
"Oh so we just let Lexi be? How do you expect me not to do anything?" Mitchell yelled back, walking desperately around the living room.
"Of course not! Mitchell, she is my friend and if someone hurts her, it kills me too!" Carrie stepped in conversation and stood up from the sofa before she walked to him. "I love her too much, but you must understand we must solve this alone. We cannot call police nor other people. Because if they'll know about us, we all are dead," she explained quickly, holding his cheeks so he was forced to face her.
"I know, but it is fucking killing me that I can't help her," Mitchell whispered and collapsed on the sofa next to his friend.
"We just have to wait for Annie," Carrie sighed and followed his lead.
Annie was out for about two hours, she was at the hospital trying to find any information about Liam, something what could help them, and since Annie wasn't visible to normal people, she was the only one who could go there. But with every minute she was missing everyone was more nervous. What if she couldn't find anything?
In that moment Annie popped in front of them, making them winced, but Mitchell immediately jumped, hope hidden in his dark eyes.
"Oh my god, that guy is a mess! At first I couldn't find anything, but then I found his file at the hospital. He lives in the small flat and I went there, but he wasn't there, nor Lexi. I didn't think he would hide her there, but it was worth to try it. Then after I was about to return to you guys, feeling totally miserable because I didn't find anything, I heard two nurses' conversation. They talked about Liam. He must be really attractive, because they kept talking about his body..." Annie blurted out quickly.
"The hell Annie, stop babbling! Did you have anything?" Mitchell interrupted her.
"He spends most of his time at hospital. So I was thinking, what if Lexi's there?" she added quickly and bit her lip nervously.
"Oh, there is this room in the basement where I used to transform in! It's empty, locked up and soundproof," George realized and his eyes went wide.
"I'm coming there," Mitchell breathed out and ran out of the house, shortly followed by everyone.