World Is Ugly

Eighteen

"Is this worth it? Do you feel like a man now? Does this make you feel more powerful or confident?" Lexi choke out after Liam's fist connected with her face for what it seemed like hundreth time.
"Beautiful, you just don't get it! This is not about me, this is about you. You killed me, you turned me into this monster, therefor you must suffer," Liam laughed.
"What kind of logic is that? Do you realize I wasn't born a vampire? Do you realize someone killed me too?" Lexi almost laughed, but screamed in pain as Liam cut her skin with a sharp knife.
"And do you realise I absolutely do not care? I don't give a damn about you or your life!" he whispered in her ear just as he digged the knife in her thigh. "Now, let's do what I came here for. What's your choice of your last words?"
Lexi feared this moment, but at the same time she was thankful for that. She was bruised, cut, wounded and all she cared was making the pain go away. And mostly she deep down understood she deserved it. She deserved to be punished for everything she had done. She inhaled sharply and raised her head so she was facing Liam. She smirked at him and spitted right in his face. A second she did that Liam hit her and clean his face with his sleeve before he turned around to grab a long wooden stake from the table.
"You know, I'm quite oldfashioned in this kind of things. I want to make it typical old way," he whispered and gently caressed her cheek with a sharp pike. "I'll almost miss you, doll."
But Lexi didn't say anything as she was staring in his bright blue eyes, part of her remembering everything she had done, part of her thinking of all the things she hadn't done or said. She didn't break their eye contact when he raised his right hand, in which he was holding the stake, and even that she was feeling strangely peaceful.
"Lexi!" a female voice screamed and Liam dropped the stake from surprise. Lexi looked at the girl, her dark orbs widen and her lips parted from shock as Annie unlocked the door from inside. In a second three other people rushed into the room and Liam didn't have time to react as Mitchell punched him hard in his face, breaking his nose. He kept punching his face, not bothering about anything but to make him suffer. He only awaked from the trance as George's big arms pulled him away from already unconcious Liam.
"Oh my, Lexi, love, are you alright?" he practically said in one breath as he ran to her, kneeling in front of her, helping with the ropes which Carrie and Annie was trying to undone. He literally tore them off and gently wrapped Lexi in his arms, as she almost fell off the chair from being too weak.
"You came," she whispered and her eyes wattered as looking at him.
"Always," he nodded and his heart broke from seeing the state she was in.
"I thought he..." Lexi trailed off, not being sure what she wanted to say.
"I will never let anyone hurt you babe. Listen to me, you are safe now, you are with me," Mitchell breathed out and gently stroked her dark locks.
The others didn't allow to break their intimate moment and so they only stood there, feeling only relief Lexi was alive. They watch as Lexi finally pulled away from Mitchell, shifting her eyes to them.
"Thank you," she said simply and Carrie hugged her, trying not to hurt her, even Lexi didn't care.
"Thank god you're alive," she mumbled and let her go, so Annie and George could also hug her.
"What...what are we going to do with him?" George formed the question everyone was thinking of, but neither of them dared to say it aloud.
"I'll fucking kill him," Mitchell said quietly, but still everyone heard him.
"You can't. We cannot kill him," Lexi whispered and everyone looked at her disbelief.
"That man here, he tried to kill you. He fucking tortured you, he fucking hurt you!" Mitchell practically yelled at her.
"But we don't have the right to end his life. He is just another lost soul," Lexi admitted and inhaled sharply as the jabbing pain reminded her all injuries.
"You can't be serious! The hell, look at you, look at all the bruises, the dried blood on you. Liam did it! He..." Mitchell started angrily, but stopped as feeling George's hand on his arm.
"She's right. We don't have the right to kill anyone. Even someone like him," he admitted softly.
"Who the hell are you kidding George? We need to kill him, I will not let him hurt Lexi again!" Mitchell cried out.
"I agree with Mitchell, I won't be able to live knowing he is somewhere out there. As much as I hate to admit that, he has to be killed," Carrie stepped in conversation.
"No, we can't kill a person, even if that's a vampire we're talking about," Annie joined in and four of them started to argue, quite forgetting Lexi who was still the ground, not strong enough to stand up.
Neither of them noticed how Liam shifted from the unconcious state and opened his eyes. As looking around the room and processing what happened, he started to crawl to Mitchell, small knife hidden in his right hand. He almost reached him, but his cry echoed the air, only making everyone stop their arguing in a pure shock. Behind Liam there was Lexi, still holding a stake she just pushed in his back straight to the heart area.
"I'm sorry," she whispered gently to him before his whole body shattered and he floated away, literally like a smoke.
"Lexi," Mitchell breathed out as a realization hit him and ran to the girl on the ground.
"I had to, I couldn't let him hurt you," she whispered as he kissed her lips, both of them forgetting her pain for a moment.