World Is Ugly

Two

"Carrie love, don't be so lame!" Lexi groaned in frustration as glaring at her best friend.
Carolyn was on the couch, reading some book, completely ignoring Alexis's pleading. Lexi wanted to go outside, to explore new place, to meet some new people and mostly she needed to distract herself because, even she rejected that feeling, she needed blood. She was clear for months. Her victims's faces full of horror and their dead bodies haunted her dreams for too long, making her to go clear at any cost. If only it wasn't that hard.
"No, I just don't feel like going to a bar. I mean I have my special day in a week and I'm already so exhausted," Carrie shook her head reffering that full moon was coming.
"If you'll go I promise I will make you breakfast tomorrow," Lexi suggested with a small smile.
"Make it a week and I am in," she winked and stood up from the place she was resting.
"What are you going to wear?" a black haired girl asked her cheerfully as walking in her room.
"Probably some clothes," Carrie rolled her eyes.
"Don't you say," Lexi smirked at her before making her way to her own room to pick some outfit.
She ended up wearing dress where top was white and it slowly faded into a dark grey color. She paired it with white leather jacket, black ankle boots and small clutch. She let her black hair down in her natural waves and for make up wore classic dark grey eyes with red lips. She smiled at herself and walked to the living room where Carrie was already standing, looking beautiful in her grey polka dot dress, paired with black hat and black boots. She let her hair down as well, but hers were straight, and she, as always, didn't wear any make up, not that she needed that.
"Looking good," Lexi smiled at her with a nod.
"Yeah, of course, but still it is always you who have all the guys for herself," Carrie rolled her eyes.
"Too bad I always end up killing them," Alexis laughed dryly before turning to the door to walk outside, where their cab was waiting.
A little later they were sitting at the bar stolls and sipping they beers. Lexi's dark eyes scanned the room, not seeing anyone who would catch her attention. In was nice bar, kind of oldfashion, but she prefered things like that. Maybe it was because it reminded her the days she was just a normal human or because all the modern neon lights hurt her eyes, but either way she was more comfortable around old things.
"Hello gorgeous," male voice brought her attention back to the bar and her eyes met with blue ones, belonging to really attractive man. "I haven't seen you here before."
"Maybe because it is my first time here," Lexi said and sipped from her drink. "Now if you please excuse me."
She heard Carrie's chuckle as she turned away from him. No, she wasn't interested in any sort of relationship, not even in that one which lasted only one night. She learned not to love, for her love was a weakness and a danger. Both reason why she became a vampire.
Lexi stood up and walked to the huge machine in the corner of the bar, pushing buttons as looking for one song. She smiled to myself as she found what she was looking for and soon great band 3 doors down started to play Kryptonite. Even to her prostest her mind automaticaly wandered to one special guy, the only one she loved and yet the only one who turned her life into a shadow. She still remembered his intense watery eyes full of regret and sadness as he watched her die. She could never forget it. She hated him, but still longed for him. He was the cause of all her pain, but also love. Lexi was young and fragile girl when she first met him. He was charming yet still quite nervous around her, and it wasn't too hard to love him. But she didn't see how troubled he was, she didn't see how broken he was, she only saw his love for her.
"Don't you think you can escape me so easily," she winced a little and turned around to face the guy from earlier. "What is your name beautiful?"
"Lexi," she said after a moment of silence.
"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl," he smirked and she rolled her eyes at his cheesy line.
She walked back to her bar stoll, not surprisingly followed by him but even she started to talk to Carrie again, few hours later she found herself in a conversation with him. Her breathing was speed up as well as all her other senses sharpen, but not because of the attraction toward him, but because of attraction to his blood. She inhaled deeply and her body was weaken by the strong scent of hot blood running in his veins. She gulped hardly as watching intensly his neck, hearing his heart raced as he was aware of her staring. She could almost felt her teeth sharpening and so she drank her beer at once.
"Well, Lexi, don't you think we should go somewhere else?" the dirty blonde haired guy, who introduced himself as Liam, said to her with a smirk playing on his pink lips.
She took a deep breath to calm herself, but as only inhaling his scent of blood she nodded too quickly for her own liking causing his smirk grown. Outside they hardly made it behind the corner when she was pushed against the cold hard wall and his lips captured hers, but all she could sense was that warm body pressed against her.
"You are so cold," Liam moaned as he pulled away for a second, before kissing her roughly again.
Lexi broke the kiss and moved her full lips to his jaw before finally reaching the only spot she was looking for and before she could control herself, her eyes turned black and she sank her sharp teeth in his soft skin. It was now her turn to moan as his hot blood ran through her lips to her throat. She didn't care how he tried to pull away or how frightened he was. All she care about was her own pleasure, her own hunger for the red liquid.
She pulled away, her eyes turned back to her natural color as she gasped and stepped away from the guy causing him to fall down on the ground. She felt as her stomach turned and she almost throwed up as realizing what she just did. She stared at the lifeless body beside her and angrily wiped the blood off her lips. She collapsed down next to the corpse and let the tears fall as hugging her knees tighly.
"Lexi," she heard a voice and slowly turned the head. Her heart dropped deep down as she saw her only friend.
"I-I a-am so s-sorry, I-I..." she said in unnatural high voice before her sobs didn't allow her to continue.
"We need to go. Come on," Carrie whispered urgently and grabbed Lexi's hand to pull her from the ground.
Lexi didn't fight back and simply obeyed her as she cleaned her face from the dried blood and rushed her to the cab. She hardly listen as Carrie joked with the driver about Lexi being so drunk she had to take care of her instead of enjoying the rest of the night. Lexi barely realized as Carrie pulled her to the house before pushing her to her bed and handing her some pills which she swallowed dry.
"I-I am sorry, f-for everything, I am so w-weak," Lexi admitted and grabbed Carrie's hand.
"It is part of you, it is who you are. I understand you can't escape it. You cannot escape your curse," she whispered softly and kissed her cheek.
"Thank you," Lexi mumbled before she fell into a dreamless sleep.