World Is Ugly

Four

Lexi didn't rush her visit to the ghost girl, mostly because she didn't really want to go. It wasn't like she was afraid of her or like she was unsocial, but she had that strange feeling in her stomach from the time she woke up. She couldn't explain it, but she knew something was not right.
It was late afternoon when Lexi finally got up from the sofa as the loud sigh escaped her lips. She slowly made it to the shower, letting hot water fall on her body for much longer than neccessary. She decided to wear black skinny jeans, white shirt and beige cardigan and it took her an extra time to get ready, not because she wanted to impress, she simply was trying to avoid the visit. But as much as she was trying, she needed to go there and she knew that.
Lexi knocked on the door and a second later the ghost girl opened it with a huge smile.
"You came! I realized you don't even know my name! I'm Annie,” she blurted out quickly and pulled Lexi to the house, shutting the door behind her.
"You sure have a lot energy for someone who is dead," Lexi mumbled and took a look at the nice furnitured house. "You don't live her alone, do you?” she asked as the scent of coffee hit her nose.
"No, my two friends live here with me also. Well, this was my house before I died and they moved in here, found out about me, so now we are living here like a family," Annie explained before running to the kitchen, soon returning with two mugs. "Actually, I don't know what you like, so I made you a tea and a coffee also. You know, I can't drink or eat anything, so I at least love to make some for others."
"Thank you, I'm Lexi," Alexis smiled at her, slowly starting to warm up, even the strange tension in her stomach didn't leave her.
"I am truly happy you are here. As you know, I don't have any friends, actually only George and Mitchell," Annie smiled, but her smile faded as seeing as Lexi's face whitened. "Are you alright?"
"I am sorry, it's just that I used to know one guy who was also named Mitchell and well, he was..." Lexi trailed off softly, but Annie nodded with a small smile as she understood.
"I know. For example, it was my fiancé who killed me," ghost girl smirked slightly. "Anyway, what did bring you to Bristol?"
"Well, we sort of have to move quite often. I somehow always end up killing my neighbours," Lexi half joked.
"That's nice," Annie smiled sarcasticaly.
"Yeah, I live with my friend and she is also supernatural, so she understands me," black haired girl continued.
"What are you?" young girl asked.
"I'm a vampire while she is werewolf. Quite extraordinary combination," Lexi grinned.
"Just like my friends! One would almost think it is a destiny that you came," Annie laughed and Lexi felt that warm feeling in her heart, knowing she just made a friend, something what barely happened to her.
***
"And then we ran away leaving the poor guy all by himself," Lexi laughed out. She was telling Annie one story about how she rejected one guy and they both were having great time. Neither of them realized how many moments passed, they felt great connection, they were friends, something what both of the girls appreciated.
"I just..." Annie started, but was interrupted when someone opened the door.
"Annie, you wouldn't believe what George said tod-," young man walked in with a smile, but frozed on the spot as he saw Lexi.
Alexis's gaze met his and her breath was caught in her throat as her stomach dropped. Million emotions ran through her mind, her hands were shaking and she started to feel dizzy.
"Mitchell..." she whispered, not believing it was him. Her first and only love and yet cause of her being a vampire.
"Alexis," he said more to himself, ignoring everything but her. He couldn't believe she was there, the only girl he had ever loved and yet the same girl he killed. She was on his mind every single day of his life. He regretted that moment of weakness, when he sank his teeth in her neck. He hated himself for that and there wasn't a day he didn't think of her. And yet, she was there, more beautiful than ever. "Lexi, I.."
"Leave me alone!" young girl yelled before she ran past him out of the house.
"No, wait!" he chased her outside, easily caught her up and grabbed her by her arms to stop her.
"What do you want? Why are you here?" Lexi cried out, her vision blurred from the tears escaping her dark eyes.
"I...I am so sorry. Lexi, I..." he started, but didn't know how to continue. He couldn't just say what he felt, how he loved her. How watching her died broke his undead heart. Because after all it was his fault.
"Save it Mitchell! You don't understand what I've been through!" beautiful girl continued to cry.
"I don't know what to say," Mitchell said truthfuly.
"Than say nothing at all. I hate you," Lexi snapped with so much passion it caught him off guard.
Of course, what was he expecting? She had all the rights to hate him. But the look on her face as she saw him, her hopeful face, was the proof she still loved him. But he didn't stop her as she ran off and as his body failed him he collapsed on the cold hard ground crying, not bothering about anything, but her.
"Lexi, what the hell happened?" Carrie asked her friend as she ran to the house and collapsed against the door.
"He is here," Lexi whispered and her friend understood immediately.