World Is Ugly

Five

Few days passed from their encounter and Lexi had been trying to ignore the fact that the man she loved was there, living just a few metres away. As much as she needed to forget him or his presense, she couldn't. There were always two parts of her arguing and fighting about him, one wanted to punch his face and leave him in the same pain he did, while the other part wanted to run to him and kiss him like she used to.
Mitchell, on the other hand, was completely sure what he wanted. Her. He never stopped loving her and knowing she was still there gave him another chance. A change he was not going to lose.
Lexi was at a local hospital, where she started to work as a cleaner. It was her first day, but she didn't felt excitement. After all, it was definitely not job one should be proud of. She was humming softly as she was cleaning the ground with a wet mop carefully, but as backing up she bumped into someone.
"Oh god, I am so sorry," she said quickly, but her soft smile faded as she turned around to the person she bumped to.
"You...do you work here?" Mitchell asked shocked as seeing his love.
"Obviously. I have such a luck in my life," Lexi rolled her eyes as seeing he was wearing the same light blue clothes all people in the hospital were wearing.
"I need to talk to you," Mitchell pleased.
"There is nothing you should say to me. Well, since we are working together, we will probably meet each other at the hallways, but that's all I want to have with you, Mitchell," Lexi said coldly, even her heart was screaming no.
"Just one evening, that is all I ask of you. I swear I won't bother you anymore, I just need to talk to you. Please Lexi," handsome man breathed out ignoring her protests.
"I..I can't," Alexis shook her head and quickly ran away from him.
She ran through several hallways and as being sure she was away from him, she leaned against the wall with a sigh. She rubbed her eyes angrily as feeling tears forming there. She was never that kind of person who cries all the time, more like opposite, but realizing Mitchell was here made her a total emotional human wreckage. She never felt so helpless, so hopeless and so confused. And she hated that feeling. She was already struggling enough because of her addiction to blood and he only made it worse.
"Excuse me, but are you alright? You look a bit down," male voice made her looked up and her eyes met with green ones.
"You are a true psychologist," Lexi mumbled and rolled her eyes.
"Great, one just wants to be nice and all he gets is sarcasm. I can't love my life more," the man groaned and turned around to leave.
"I'm sorry, okay? It's just that there is so much going on in my life right now and I can't handle it," Lexi explained quickly.
"Believe me, there is no one who would understand you better. A woman who I planned to marry just left me, my best friend's love of the life just appeared here, but of course she hates him and my girl best friend just made a new and only friend who is also the girl I talked about. And I don't need to mention that my health is not perfect either," he said too quickly with a dry laugh.
"You are George, aren't you?" Alexis raised her eyebrow at him as realizing what he was talking about.
"Why? How do you know me?" he hesitated.
"I am the girl you were talking about. I am Lexi," young girl smirked.
"One would not believe how small is this world," George shook his head and extended his right hand.
"Do you know who I am, right?" Lexi asked slowly not accepting his shake.
"I know, I know what you are. I know what Mitchell did to you. But I don't mean to judge you because of that, I don't know you," he smiled softly and Lexi slowly nodded and shook his hand. "I'm George, even you already know it."
"You know, my best friend has the same condition as you. Maybe it would be nice if you two talk about that," Alexis suggested.
"And maybe I will," George smiled and waved his hand awkwardly before walking the other direction, leaving the girl all by herself.
Few hours later she was by her locker, changing herself so she could go home. It was exhausting shift, not because of the work, but because of all the things which happened. She opened up the locker to throw hospital clothes in it, when the envelope fell out of it. She frowned at the white paper and ripped it open. She gulped hardly as she read those words. She quickly slammed the locker door and ran home to Carrie.