World Is Ugly

Six

And that's all? Nothing else?" Carrie asked her friend as she sipped from the cup of a tea.
"Why of course, there was also a signature and an address where we find that person," Lexi rolled her dark eyes and brought her knees closer to her chest.
"Why was I even asking? But Lexi, what that means?" young girl sighed.
"I don't know, Carrie, I don't know. Are you sure nobody did see us that night at bar?" Alexis asked for the hundreth time.
"Positive. Nobody was there, when you..." Carolyn trailed off.
"When I killed Liam," Lexi finished. "I have no idea what that means, but I am afraid we are not safe here anymore."
"I know, but I refuse to move away. I mean, I am so tired of running away. We need to stay and face our problems!" Carrie said firmly.
"Did you realize you just said our problems? Thank you for not ditching me," black haired girl smiled and shifted so she was sitting normally.
"We are in this together," werewolf girl assured her and put the mug on the table, when there was a knock at the door.
"I'll get it," Lexi jumped from her seat and rushed to the door. She pursed her lips together and a frown appeared on her face as she opened it and there was no one. She glanced at the street, but it was just as quiet as it should be at the night. She sighed and was about to return when something on the ground caught her attention. It was another envelope.
"Who was...," Carrie started, but groaned as seeing another note in Lexi's small hands. "What does it say now?"
"I also know what you are..." Lexi read aloud and cursed for herself.
"I have to admitt, even we are the ones who people should be afraid of, I feel pretty scared knowing that person knows where we live," Carrie admitted and wrapped the blanket tighter around her tiny body.
"I will fucking kill that person! I am so sick of being haunted and hated! Why can't they just leave us alone?" Alexis yelled before throwing the small piece of paper across the room. "I fucking hate that!"
"But there is nothing we can do, we cannot change who we are. There is no chance for us, but run away or fight back," werewolf girl said quietly after a moment of silence and walked to her own room leaving the other girl alone with her thoughts.
***
Next few days nothing had changed. No other note came, nor other kind of threats. But Lexi was still nervous and afraid, even she tried to act the opposite. But she didn't feel fear for herself, she was concerned for her friend. She was aware that she was a monster, but Carrie didn't hurt people like her. She had to face her curse once a month and she always had some place to hide. But Lexi was dangerous and she knew it.
She was walking out of the hospital, as she finished her work, but someone stood in her way.
"Just listen to me, you don't have to say anything. I understand..." Mitchell started quickly as pressing her body against the wall, so she couldn't ran away.
"No, Mitchell, you just don't! You may feel anything, but most certainly you do not understand me! I asked you to leave me alone, why in the hell can't you actually do it?" Lexi snapped and tried to push him off.
"Because I love you," Mitchell breathed out.
"Then why did you kill me? And left me?" Lexi whispered.
"I was broken down. I wanted you to help me, but I couldn't control myself. I couldn't resist..." vampire guy said truthfuly, but let Lexi pushed him off and he stepped aside so she could walk pass him.
Lexi didn't say anything and walked away without glancing back. She was confused. She understood his feelings, she was a vampire too and she knew how hard it was to be clean. But she was not going to forgive him so easily, if she was ever going to forgive him.
She turned around the corner and walked into a quite scary looking dark valley, not that she was afraid. She wrapped her coat tighter around her body, trying to keep herself as warm as possible. It was a cold night and the fact she was a vampire, therefor cold blooded, didn't help at all. A cracking sound somewhere behind her made her aware of someone other's presence and she slightly did quicken up her walk. She felt fear, because she was afraid she could hurt that person. In a second she was pinned against the hard wall, it was so fast even her quicken reflexes didn't give her enough time to react and she felt as someone's fist connected with her right cheek, causing to hit her head against the wall.
"Do you remember me, beautiful?" male voice asked her and she frozed on the spot, even through the dizziness realizing to whom the voice belong.
"L-Liam?" Lexi breathed out and the figure stepped out of the shadow so she was staring into a bright blue eyes, the same she saw before she killed him.
"Surprise," Liam smirked and punched her straight to her stomach, making some blood ran out of her mouth, before he grabbed her around her neck. "You didn't think of me, do you? Yes, it was me. I sent you both notes."
"What do you want?" vampire girl managed to choke out.
"Revenge," Liam whispered in her ear and pecked her lips before raising his hand for another punch.
Lexi closed her eyes and prepared herself for a hit, but nothing came. She felt how his hand left her neck and she fell down on the ground.
"Never touch her again, you bastard!" someone yelled and she smiled to herself as hearing his voice, before she passed out.