World Is Ugly

Seven

Lexi woke up as something wet touched her cheek and she hissed in pain.
"I'm so sorry, sweetheart," girl's voice whispered and Lexi's eyes met with the dark ones.
"Annie?" she asked quietly.
"It's me, don't worry, you are safe now," Annie smiled at her sweetly and continued to clean the blood off her face.
"Where is he?" Lexi whispered and sat down ignoring the pain.
"He ran away," rough voice said and Lexi looked at the attractive man by her side.
"I meant you," Lexi whispered.
"I'll be in the kitchen," Annie said and walked away quickly.
"How are you feeling?" Mitchell asked and his eyes softened as looking at Lexi.
"Could have been worse," vampire girl smiled lightly.
"Who was he?" Mitchell asked as he sat closer to the girl.
"I..I killed him days ago. And so he wants to kill me too," Lexi explained and looked away from him.
"Can I explain it to you? Will you go out with me, so I can explain it all to you?" Mitchell said after a moment of silence, urge hidden in his voice.
"Don't expect anything," Lexi whispered with a small nod and she made her way to the front door. "Thank you," she said before she walked away.
***
"I honestly don't get it. Why did you agree to go with him?" Carrie rolled her eyes as watching her friend getting ready.
"I don't know. Part of me just want to stay home and never see him again, but there is also a part of me who is still in love with him," Lexi explained as brushing her long hair.
"Alexis Stevens, that man killed you! He turned you into a vampire! There should be no part of you wanting him!" Carrie groaned in frustration.
"But he also saved me few days ago," she said softly and turned to her friend. "What do you think?"
"You look great, but I still do not agree with you going there!" werewolf girl sighed.
Lexi was wearing blue leopard jeans, white top and black leather jacket with black high heeled boots. She wanted to look good, even she didn't know why. No, she did. She wanted to look great for him.
"Carrie, I know this may be a foolish mistake, but I believe I need to know what he wants me to say. I don't expect you to understand. But imagine you'd have a chance to meet the one who turned you. Would you waste it? What would you do?" Lexi asked and kneeled in front of her friend.
"I would kill him within a second. I would never missed that chance," Carrie nodded.
"Exactly. But I did have feelings for him. For god sake, I loved him. I am afraid I still do. And that scares me," Lexi whispered.
"Maybe it would be a lot easier without men on this planet," Carrie mumbled making Lexi bursted out laughing.
"But it wouldn't be that fun," Lexi grinned. "Okay, I think I let him wait for a long time, I need to go."
"I hope everything will go just the way you want it," werewolf girl smiled.
"If only I knew what I want," black haired girl mumbled before walking out of their house.
The cab was already waiting for her so she quickly climbed in and closed her eyes with a sigh after giving him directions. Was she making mistake? She thought so, but she also knew she needed to go. She needed this. Mostly, even she didn't know it yet, she needed him.
She walked into a same bar she did many days ago, the same she went the first night there and the same bar she killed Liam. Her eyes scanned the room and she easily found the one she was looking for. The most attractive man in the pub, yet the most broken one.
"So?" she said instead of greeting as she sat on the opposite side of table where he was sitting.
"I honestly do not know where to start. There is so much I want to tell you," Mitchell sighed and took in her perfect features.
"Well, I may be immortal, but I'll give you hour at most," Lexi smirked, impatience hidden in her voice.
"Alexis, first of all I need to tell you how sorry I am. But I understand my apology means nothing to you. I won't be able to take it back, but I want you to forgive me. I need you to forgive me," Mitchell started after a moment of silence.
"Tell me, why so sudden change? You didn't hesitate to kill me years ago so why are you feeling so guilty right now?" young girl snapped and leaned forward to him, but quickly leaned back as the waiter brought them beers.
"You have no idea how much I regret it. But at the same time I don't, because you wouldn't be here. I thought of you every single day, every single night. Everytime I bit someone I saw you, your deep eyes full of fear," dark haired vampire admitted. "I love you, why can you see that? I would have done anything just to save you. But you were already dead when I realized what have I done."
"Do you realize what you ask of me? Mitchell, you killed me. And then you left me there alone. Do you realize how frightened I was? I woke up all by myself, covered in blood with this uncontrolable hunger! Did you even realize how many people I killed before I learned to control myself? And even now I sometimes am not able to do it!" Lexi yelled in whisper, afraid someone could heard them even everybody ignored them.
"I know, I was a bastard. I still am! But I need you in my life, because without you I am incomplete. I was alone for all these years and all I thought about was you. And then you came. You are here again, in my life and I feel alive again," Mitchell said truthfully as taking in her features again.
"I'm not going to say that I understand you, but I understand your need for blood. The hell, I must suffer also! But it is all because of you. Mitchell, I was young and full of dreams. I was planning to have a family, reaching my goals. And you all ruined it. I loved you so bad, so much it costed my life in the end," Lexi explained.
"I know what a mess I made upon your innocence and still I'm here asking you for one more chance. I don’t want to let you down, but I am hell bound and I can't escape this now alone. You are the only hope for me," Mitchell admitted and moved his hand on top of hers.
"I can't, I can't do it once more," Lexi shook her head before walking away leaving him alone.