World Is Ugly

Eight

The smell of coffee woke Lexi up and she lazily walked out of the room, rubbing eyes while yawning.
"Good morning, sleepy head," male voice greeted her as she walked into a kitchen and her eyes widen.
"George?" she said in shocked.
"Glad you remember my name," George smiled at confused girl.
"What are you doing here?" she asked.
"Well, you were too busy with all the problems with Mitchell, as well as he was too depressed, so me and George started to talk a bit more," Carrie explained before turning to the pan, where she was cooking something, again.
"So you guys are friends now?" Lexi asked, still not quite sure what was going on.
"We sort of are dating, actually," George explained proudly as he glanced at tiny werewolf girl.
"What the hell you are? Seriously, am I really that stupid I didn't notice it? How it is even possible you didn't tell me anything?!" Lexi gasped, now fully awake.
"Love, you are great person, but sometimes you are too selfish to realize what's going on around you. And since you have all Mitchell drama, I didn't want to bother you," Carrie said with a soft smile.
"What? I am not selfish! George, is Annie home?" young girl asked the guy.
"Of course, she is always home. And no, Mitchell's not," George said with a smile.
"Then I'm going to my friend who doesn't think I am selfish," Lexi jokingly pouted and walked in her room to get changed.
Minutes later she was standing by the door waiting for her ghost friend to answer it.
"Lexi!" Annie yelled happily as soon as she opened the door and pulled the girl inside before she attacked her with a hug.
"Little too excited, as I can see," Lexi laughed lightly after she sat down at the sofa.
"I am just very happy to see you. You really looked bad the last time I saw you," Annie admitted as remembering how Liam attacked Lexi.
"Thanks," Lexi rolled her eyes. "Anyway, did you know George is dating Carrie?"
"Of course, aren't they cute together? They are truly made for each other. I've never seen him so happy, even with his ex-girlfriend. But I can't say the same about Mitchell," ghost girl finished quietly.
"What do you mean?" vampire girl frowned.
"He's been acting strange lately. He rarely is home, he doesn't talk to us anymore, George said he started to yell at one girl at the street for nothing. Lexi, what happened?" Annie asked concered.
"I don't know what I feel, Annie. He killed me, turned me into a vampire and then left me. Now all he is saying is how much he loves me and how sorry he is. I don't know. I loved him, the hell I still do. But I just cannot trust him anymore," Lexi said truthfully.
"You know, the day Liam attacked you, you should see Mitchell. He was furious, but yet he almost cried as he saw your pain. You know, I don't have the right to tell you anything, but the way he looks at you is what I always longed for. I always hoped that my fiancé would looked at me like that. Like you're the only thing which matters. I don't expect you to forgive him, but give him a chance to prove you how he feels," Annie said quietly.
"But I am so afraid," Lexi admitted after a moment of silence.
"We all are. But don't let your love slip between your fingers," Annie smiled and Lexi returned it.
Hours later both girls said their goodbye and Lexi returned back at home, full of mixed emotions. But she was sure about one thing. She won't be afraid anymore.
"Carrie! Put..." Lexi yelled as she came home, but stopped as her eyes travelled on the ground. There was a single dead rose with a note.
"What the hell happened? What is that?" Carrie asked shocked as she walked out of the kitchen, shortly followed by George.
"I don't know," Lexi said and a frown appeared on her face as she read a note. "Just as this rose, you will also die one day. And I will be the cause..."
"Who sent it?" George asked shocked as Lexi read the note.
"Liam," both girls said.
"What are you going to do?" Carrie asked slowly as bitting her bottom lip nervously.
"You know what, I am going to get drunk today! I won't let this stupid little guy who thinks how scary he is to ruin my life. So quickly guys, wear you best clothes because today we are going to party!" Lexi yelled and tossed the note away.
"You can't be serious right now, he just told you he's going to kill you and all you going to do is to get drunk?" George gasped, but his girlfriend gave him a look.
"I've already seen this look, so do what she said, as long as you don't want to mess with her. And trust me, you don't want to," Carrie whispered to him as looking at her friend who disappeared in her room.
"Oh and bring both of your friends," Lexi winked at the guy before shutting the door behind her.
"Trying to impress someone special?" Carrie teased her friend as she spotted her sitting on the sofa little later. Lexi was wearing little red dress with black sandals, her wavy hair fell down on her arms like dark waterfall and a soft smirk was playing on her red lips.
"Nah, just being my usual sexy self. But I bet George will love your look," Lexi winked as Carrie blushed and smoothed her white top which she paired with leather shorts, black boots and a hat in the same color.
"My sweet girl, he always does," Carrie laughed out and both girls walked to the other house to meet their friends.
"Wow, you look great," George said instead of greeting as he opened the door.
"Thank you," Carrie smiled and kissed him lightly just as Annie walked out of the house too.
"I am so excited! I love partying!" Annie yelled and clapped her hands happily.
"You are excited about everything," Lexi mumbled only receiving glare from Carrie.
"Okay, we shall go," George said quickly to stop any arguments. "Mitchell refused to come," he added as seeing Lexi's look.
"Fuck him, where is he?" Lexi groaned and ran to the house. "Mitchell!" she yelled and ran up the stairs, but stopped there, not knowing which room was his.
"What?" rough voice said and she turned around to see him walking out of the room. "Lexi, you.."
"Yes yes, I know I look hot," vampire girl winked. "Why are you not coming?"
"I really don't want to be a third wheel, thank you," Mitchell said bitterly.
"Do you realize what are you doing? Hell, I gave you a chance and you are ruining it," Lexi whispered the last part, but as his face brightened up, she knew he heard her. So she turned around and soon joined her friends with Mitchell right after her.