Status: Active

Velvet

Chapter One - Golden Tickets

Velvet’s P.O.V

“There you go! One Wonka Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight!” I smiled at the small child in front of me.

“Thank you!” “Oh you’re most welcome!” I said, delighted.

As you see, I love selling candy and all kinds of chocolate to children. I love seeing kids happy! But nothing else makes me happier than Wonka Candy! Oh how I love Wonka! I hope “he” never stops making candy…

“Velvet!” Hearing my name pops me out of my little bubble. “Yes?” I answer.

“It’s the end of your shift, did you forget?” My boss said –“Oh.” I turned and looked at the clock. “Indeed it is.” I whipped around, grabbed my coat and bag then headed to the door.

“Bye Mr. Smith!” “Bye Velvet! Be safe!” I saluted him and was out in the freezing cold.

As I walked down the white sidewalk, I looked up at the steaming white clouds coming from the chocolate factory. I could see them even from across town. The factory must still be up and running if the chimneys are in use. Even after all these years, the factory was still working, making chocolate but no signs from the famous chocolatier.

How strange, I thought.

You think after Willy Wonka announced that he was closing his factory forever that he would stop making candy but even so, I’m glad he didn’t. I absolutely love his candy as well as Charlie does.
As long as I could imagine, I have always obsessed over Wonka candy and Mr. Wonka himself. Of course I’ve never seen him but I can’t help but to think what he is like or looks like.

I also wonder what the inside of the factory looks like but I doubt that would ever happen. Mr. Wonka closed it forever. I sighed and made my way back to the little house on the hill.

As I pushed open the wacky door, I greeted my family members.

“Hello mum! Hello Charlie! Hello Grandpa Joe, Grandma Josephine, Grandpa George, Grandma Georgina!”

“Hello!” They all said in unison which made me giggle.

I went up to the small room that I shared with Charlie and put my bag on the floor then went downstairs. I walked up to Charlie and wrapped my arm around him. “Anything exciting happen today?” I asked.

“No, sadly not.” Charlie said glumly. Before I could respond, our father came through the door looking cheery. I wonder what’s gotten into him.

“Hey Charlie I have something that you might like.” Said our father. Charlie immediately went to the table where our father was waiting and sat down.

I leaned against the wall and watched as our father pull out some deformed toothpaste caps. As they stopped on the table, Charlie’s face immediately brightened. He picked up a cap and said “it’s perfect!” I smiled as he pulled out his makeshift model of the chocolate factory.

Charlie has been making a model of the chocolate factory out of excess toothpaste caps Father brings home. He has been looking for a head for Mr. Wonka and it looks like he found it.
He placed the cap on top of Mr. Wonka’s head and he was right, it was the perfect piece! “It looks great!” I complimented Charlie.

“Alright, alright. It’s almost dinner time, go get cleaned up.” Mother said. “Come on Charlie.” I waved him over.

“Wouldn’t it be fantastic if we could meet Mr. Wonka?” I exclaimed.

“Yes, if only the factory wasn’t closed.” Charlie said sadly.

“Oo..but we can hope can’t we?” I asked.

“Yes we can.” Charlie smiled and so did I.
-
I laid awake in my bed, staring up into the open roof. Boy, what it would be to meet the famous Willy Wonka. If only he didn’t close the factory.

The snow fell as my eyes fluttered closed. I wished with all my heart that something…anything would happen so I can meet him. I need to meet him. That night I slept wonderfully. Better than ever actually.

Little did I know that something miraculous would happen the very next day.
- The next morning

“Velvet, wake up!” I heard a voice say.

“Come on Velvet, wake up!” I then realized it was Charlie. I rolled over and rubbed my eyes. I then opened them and saw a huge smile on Charlie’s face.

“What is it, Charlie?” I asked.

“Come look outside!” Charlie rushed to go down but I was still laying here, confused. “Come on Velvet!” I heard from downstairs. I rolled myself out of bed, got dressed and made my way downstairs. Everyone else was asleep. How? I don’t know what with all this yelling going on.
Charlie had already gone outside so I grabbed my coat from the makeshift coatrack and followed him outside. I walked as fast as I could seeing it is early in the morning. I saw Charlie and whole bunch of other people standing by the light pole. What they were looking at, I didn’t know.
“Charlie!” I yelled out, wanting him to come back to me. He was almost swallowed up by those people. As I got closer, I could see what everyone was staring at. It was a big sign. I couldn’t read everything but what I did catch was the words ‘Wonka’ and “factory”, and ‘day’.
I needed to get closer but I couldn’t because all of these people in the way. “Excuse me!” I said while pushing my way through the crowd. “Excuse me!” As I finally got up to the post where Charlie was standing, he pointed the sign out and told me to read it. He was awfully excited. I wonder why.

Well I was about to find out.
It read: Dear Citizens, I have decided to host a contest for five lucky children to come tour my chocolate factory. I have placed five golden tickets in my Wonka candy bars. I, Willy Wonka will give the tour myself. Five golden tickets for children to find. You may bring one person to accompany. One of those five lucky children will win a surprise at the end of the tour. –Willy Wonka

As I finished reading the post, I was in utter shock and excitement. To win this opportunity and meet Willy Wonka would be a dream. This is like a miracle! I almost squealed right then and there.

I felt a tugging at the bottom of my arm. I looked down at Charlie and saw a bit of a frown on his face. “What’s wrong, Charlie?” I immediately asked.

He just shook his head. “We would never win it, Velvet.” Now I see where this was headed. “Don’t be so negative. You just never know what will happen! Be more positive!” With that, I took Charlie by the hand and walked him down the street.

As we were walking, I began to think. “Hey Charlie.” I nudge his arm. “What is it?” Charlie asked. “How about we head into that little candy store and try a shot at the golden ticket thing?” I asked, hopeful. His eyes lit up only for a brief moment.

“What would be the point? Plenty of other, richer children have the greatest chance of winning.” I cupped his chin, looking him in the eye. “Nonsense. It won’t hurt to try.” I winked at him then led the way inside the candy shop.

The doorbell rang as we walked in. I walked Charlie over to the counter. “One Wonka Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight please!” I asked politely. The man handed us a candy bar and I pulled out a bill, handing it to the man then grabbed the chocolate and walked outside with Charlie.
I handed it to Charlie. “Here you go!” I said, delightfully. He looked at me strangely. “Let’s open it together.” He said. “Oh alright.” I said. We both unwrapped the brown covering, peeling back the silver wrapping to see a blank brown chocolate bar. We turned it over and nothing was on it. “Well that was only our first try Charlie. We can try again another time.” I said positively. I must admit I was a bit disappointed but like I said, we can try again another day.
“Come on, let’s get back to the house.” I patted Charlie on the back, leading the way.
-
2 days later
It was Charlie’s birthday today. I was asleep in my bed this morning when I heard Grandpa Joe whisper to Charlie to come down. Charlie didn’t know that I was awake when I heard him shuffling about. I couldn’t hear exactly what he said but I heard the words ‘golden ticket’ and ‘chance’ so I figure that Grandpa Joe gave Charlie a coin to go buy a chocolate bar.
By the time Charlie got back, I was awake but I didn’t go down because I didn’t want to ruin the moment between Charlie and Grandpa Joe. I stood above watching them unwrap the chocolate bar. Underneath the wrapping was just chocolate and my shoulders sank.
Oh how I wish Charlie could win this. It would do him a lot of good. After their little moment, I walked downstairs and started to make myself a little breakfast. “Morning Charlie. Morning Grandpa Joe.” I said as quiet as possible.
After I ate my breakfast, I put on my coat and started on my way to work, not expecting anything spectacular to happen that evening.
-
I had just gotten off work when a boy came running past me. I had to look really close to see that it was Charlie. What was he doing? I wondered. I started to walk faster because I was curious as to what Charlie was so excited about.
I got home about seven minutes later. I came into the door to hear and Grandpa Joe reading something. No one greeted me so I figured it must be that distracting. I threw my coat to the table and struggled to get closer. I caught a glimpse of something gold and shiny. It couldn’t be…I thought.
“Velvet!” I heard Charlie’s voice. “You’re home! Guess what? I won the last Golden Ticket!” I heard paper flapping then suddenly Charlie appeared in front of me with a gold slip of paper. “Let me see it!” I quickly said. Charlie handed it to me and I read the large font on the paper.
It read: GREETINGS TO YOU. THE LUCKY FINDER OF THIS GOLDENTICKET. From Mr. Willy Wonka! I shake you warmly by the hand! For now, I do invite you to come to my factory and be my guest for one whole day. I, Willy Wonka. Will conduct you around the factory myself showing you everything there is to see and afterwards. When it is time to leave. You will be escorted home by a procession of large trucks. Each one filled with all the chocolate you could ever eat! And remember one of you lucky five children will receive an extra prize beyond your wildest imagination. Now here are your instructions. On the first of February, you must come to the factory gates at 10 A.M sharp. You are allowed to bring one member of your family to look after you. Until then
Willy Wonka.

I stood in utter shock as I stared at the golden ticket. I looked up at Charlie who had a small smile on his face. “You won Charlie! I knew you had a chance!” I ran forward, hugging him and almost knocking him to the ground.
“So who is going to go with Charlie to the factory?” Mum said. “I’m not going to the factory. Someone offered a lot of money. We need money more than we need chocolate.” My eyes bulged out of their sockets after he said that.

“Charlie..” I started to say but then Grandpa George interrupted. “Come here, boy.” Grandpa George waved a finger at Charlie and Charlie went over to his side of the bed.

“You listen here. Money is printed every day. Billions of money but there are only 5 golden tickets printed and that is all there is going to be. Only dummies will accept that money now are you a dummy?” Grandpa George asked Charlie.
Charlie immediately said no he wasn’t a dummy. Grandpa George smiled. “Good! Now get that mud off your pants because you have a factory to go to tomorrow.” Both Charlie and Grandpa George smiled really large and so did I!”
There was still the issue of who was going to the factory with Charlie. Grandpa Joe immediately spoke up. I wanted to go to the factory but I wasn’t going to stop Grandpa Joe from going because he is the one who used to work there. I was in shock when Grandpa Joe said otherwise.
“Velvet, you go. You deserve to go because you love the candy and what not.” Grandpa Joe said happily.
I shook my head. “Grandpa Joe…I can’t do that. You deserve to go more than I do.” I rubbed my hands.
“Nonsense. I have already been there before. You and Charlie go on and enjoy yourselves.” Grandpa Joe said in his final tone of voice. I looked to my parents and they nodded for me to go. Then I looked to Charlie and he busted into a giant smile.
“Oh alright. I’ll go.” With that, Charlie ran forward and hugged me which put an even bigger smile on my face.
We’re going to a factory tomorrow!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone! This is a new story! I hope you guys like it and if you do please comment telling me what you thought! Thank you! Enjoy it!

-theweirdkid