Status: Active

Velvet

Chapter Three - Invention Room

Velvet
Chapter Three - Invention Room

Velvet’s P.O.V.

And as soon as Mr-Willy.. I had to correct times a bazillion times at that. I shook my head at myself and watched as the boat descended into a dark tunnel.

I looked down to check on Charlie and saw that he was smiling which warmed my heart that he was having fun.

I turned back to see where we were going but it was almost pitch black and we were going faster and faster.

How could the oompa loompas possibly see where they were going? But before I could actually ask that question somebody else beat me to it.

“How can they even see where they are going?” The little boy whose name was Mike Teavee asked. That’s when I looked at Mr.Wonka whose face looked like something like a maniac. “They don’t.” He simply said with an almost creepy smile to his face.

I was becoming very weary of what Mr. Wonka was doing. I knew he was quirky and weird but what was he leading us too? Hopefully not anything dangerous.

I glanced at Mr.Wonka once more and he saw the nervousness in my eyes and raised his cane. “Switch on the lights!” And with that command, the boat suddenly dipped down and a breeze whipped my hair back.

My heart thudded in my chest and I looked around in surprise as the boat slowed down in a chocolate sea. It was amazing how the boat seemed to flow with the chocolate.

My eyes widened as we started passing round shaped doors. I caught a glance of Charlie and saw his bright smile which made me smile then I turned my attention back on the round doors. Some of the doors were open and made me curious to see what was inside.

That was when Mr- Willy called out yet again. “People keep an eye out, we’re passing some important rooms.” And that is when I glanced at the titles of the rooms.

“Clotted Cream, Hair Cream, and Whipped Cream”, were the rooms that caught my attention. Before I could open my mouth to ask about the hair cream room, the blonde haired lady opened her mouth.

“What do you use hair cream for?” She said in her snobby tone which made me want to sneer but I stopped myself from doing so.

I turned to Willy and laughed at his response. “To lock in moisture.” He fluffed his hair up and I managed to let a giggle slip which made him look at me and wink.

I blushed, looking down.

A few moments later, still riding past several other rooms when he yelled. “Stop the boat! I want to show you guys something.” And with that the oompa loompas immediately stopped the boat even with the chocolate current.

So we all began to get off the boat. Charlie and I were the last to get off the boat and when I stepped to get off the boat, a purple gloved hand reached out.

I looked up and saw Mr.Wonka smiling softly down at me which made me feel all warm and gooey inside. I grabbed his hand and he helped me step off the boat then he turned and opened a door that read “Invention Room.”

This room sounded interesting. Mr. Wonka led us inside and there were a bunch of gadgets lying around.

Heavy machinery that looked like we shouldn’t touch and with that thought Mr. Wonka said “Enjoy yourselves, just don’t touch anything.” At the end of that sentence, he got a little uptight which made me smile.

I looked around as the other children ran about then suddenly Violet Beauregarde spoke up.

“Hey Mr.Wonka! What’s this?” Her voice sounded like it was on the other side of the room so me and Charlie followed everyone else to where she stood in front of a big machine.
Mr. Wonka ran forward and pulled a lever. “Oh this is a new invention that I’m working on. It’s not quite finished yet but I’ll show you.” He reached out and pulled down a red lever and the machine begin to light up and make a loud sound which it finally produced a long stick of what looked like gum.

“What is it?” Ms.Beauregarde said wearily.

“It’s gum.” Her daughter said excitedly, jumping to the front to grab the stick. Mr.Wonka squeezed his hand nervously and said finally “Its’s a f-full course meal.”

“You mean that’s it?” Little Mike Teavee jumped up and I frowned at his rude interrputing.

Then Veruca spoke up and said “Sounds weird.” In her British accent. She was a beastly little girl that’s for sure.

“Sounds like my kind of gum.” Then suddenly she switched out the gum in her mouth for Mr.Wonka’s new gum and began chewing.

“I wouldn’t do that if it was you!!” Willy spurted out. I glanced at him and he was crouched behind the machine.

“Spit it out!” “You better spit that out.” I finally spoke up but was interrupted by her mother.

“My daughter is going to be the first one to experience a full course meal in a piece of gum.” Her brow shot up.

A few minutes later after she began chewing, she said “It’s amazing! I can feel tomato soup running down my throat! Mmm…roast beef and blueberry pie!”

“That’s the part that concerns me.” Mr.Wonka said in a squeaky voice and when I looked back at the girl, I could see why he was concerned. Her nose was turning blue.

It began to spread all over her face then finally to the rest of her body. Her body began to swell like a balloon and we all back up as she cried out in protest.

“What’s happening?”
“Violet? You’re turning violet!” Her mother squeaked. I looked to Mr.Wonka but found him nowhere and suddenly he popped up by Ms. Beauregarde and said “I tried it on 20 oompa loompas and they each turned out as a blueberry.” He said with a nervous hitch.

“But I can’t have a blueberry as a daughter. How is she supposed to compete?” She squeaked once more.

“You could put her in a county fair.” Veruca said and we all looked down upon her as she said that.

So I stood there watching them argue about what was going to happen when suddenly a song began to play and oompa loompas began to dance.

“Yeah, yeah

Listen close, and listen hard

To the tale of Violet Beauregarde

The gentle girl she sees no wrong

In chewing, chewing, chewing, chewing

Chewing, chewing all day long

Chewing, chewing all day long
Chewing, chewing all day long
Chewing, chewing all day long

Yeah

She goes on chewing till at last

Her chewing muscles grow so vast

And from her face her giant chin

Sticks out just like a violin

Chewing, chewing all day long
Chewing, chewing all day long
Chewing, chewing all day long

For years and years she chews away

Her jaws get stronger every day

And with one great tremendous chew

They bite the poor girl's tongue in two

And that is why we try so hard

To save Miss Violet Beauregarde

Chewing, chewing all day long
Chewing, chewing all day long
Chewing, chewing, chewing, chewing
Chewing, chewing all day long

(Chewing, chewing all day long)
(Chewing, chewing all day long)
(Chewing, chewing all day long)

(Chewing, chewing all day long)
(Chewing, chewing all day long)
(Chewing, chewing all day long)”

I watched as the oompa loompa’s pushed Violet’s round body through a door with the song ending. “Mom!” I heard her yell through the black tunnel. Her mother glanced back at us then Mr. Wonka said “Take her to the juicing room.” Her mother didn't look very happy about that but followed the small men through the door.

That was intense if I have to say so myself.

I looked at Charlie and saw that he had a weird look on his face when I heard Mr. Wonka’s words.

“Onward!”

And I was shocked that he still wanted to carry on with the tour. There was something about this. Why were the kids disappearing and Wonka not really care?

I was going to get to the bottom of this and I had a feeling Mr. Wonka was not going to like it.