‹ Prequel: The Creeper
Sequel: Pinhead

Ghostface

Two

Arriving home, I noticed my parents weren't here. There was a note on the fridge saying they'd be a little late tonight. More unlucky things coming to me today. I sat on the couch and turned on the tv. There wasn't much on but Tales from the Crypt, so I watched that for an hour. After the show was over, I lazily felt for the remote and accidentally flipped it to the news.
"Woodsboro High School will be canceled until further notice due to the murders," I heard the newscaster say to the camera,"Police have suspicions that the killer is a student there but upon questioning, none of them had any leads. The only person the students claimed would be behind the murders was a female there named Nicole Alkins. Police had questioned her and they are a little alarmed but not that suspicious. They have reported that they'll question Alkins again but are not sure what to expect. Now, onto further news..." I switched off the television and became pissed off again. The police had told me that I wasn't a suspect and behind my back, they mark me as one. People just know how to treat me right today, don't they? I go into the kitchen, pick up a knife, and was about to head out the back door until the phone rang. I looked at the caller I.D. and read the words: UNKNOWN NAME-UNKNOWN NUMBER. I didn't pick it up. I may love scary movies but I have paranoia about certain things. Seriously, if something doesn't feel right, I get all panicky and my imagination goes berserk. I ignored the ringing and went outside, knife still in hand. I look around at the neighbors' houses to be sure no one was watching me. I went over to the tree in our backyard and began stabbing it over and over. Don't get me wrong but I'm into nature and I love the environment. The tree was the only thing I could find to stab. The ground would probably make me accidentally stab myself, the house would get my parents pissed off, and just about anything else would also get my parents pissed off. As I was doing this, of course, there were chips of the tree going everywhere. But then I was startled by someone saying my name.
"Nicole." I looked around the tree and saw a person in a Grim Reaper costume and a ghost-like mask. The person was sitting in the corner of my backyard and staring at me.
"Who are you and how do you know my name?" I asked, knife ready in case it was a kid from my school pulling a prank. I'm not actually going to hurt him or anything. I'm just using it as a threat. Seriously, I don't want to kill some kid from my school or else I'd really be in a mass of trouble. Especially with the police.
"There's no need to use that knife against me, Nicole. I only want to ask you some questions."
"What kind of questions? And how do you know my name?" This person sounded like a male but he didn't sound like anyone at school. He didn't sound like anyone I knew. I don't know who he is or why he's in my backyard.
"Do you like scary movies?"
"Y-Yeah. I love scary movies."
"That's good. This must mean that you know a lot about them."
"Umm, yeah. I know a pretty good amount."
"Very good, Nicole. Just as I expected. One more question."
"Who are you? Why do you know about me?"
"Just one more question and all will be explained. Now, do you hate the kids at your school? Hate them so much that you want to kill them?"
"Y-Yes." This guy was both freaking me out and confusing me at the same time. I don't know why he's asking me these questions or what he has in mind with me answering them.
"You still want to know who I am?"
"Yes. And I'd like to know why you know my name and where I live."
"If I tell you, you can't tell anyone else. Promise?"
"Ugh, sure..."
"Then come closer so that I can whisper it in your ear." Is it just me or did he say the same thing that clown told Jamie in Dead Silence? Sorry! Just a little moment but anyways, I hesitated for a bit but then slowly put my head towards the mouth of his mask. I waited for him to whisper the words I longed to hear. But was it really what I wanted to hear?
"I'm the serial killer of Woodsboro." I looked up at him with wide eyes and quickly moved away. He didn't move an inch unlike what I expected.
"Why are you telling me this?"
"Because I have two choices to give you."
"And they are?"
"You can either die where you stand or you can be my accomplice in my little murder game. It's your choice. Join me or die. You decide." Playing the Saw card on me this time, I see. Right now, I was under a bunch of pressure. I don't want to die but I have considered the fact that I might get caught in one of his games. The pressure got to me and I gave in.
"Okay, I'll be your accomplice."
"I knew you'd see it my way. Read this and don't let anyone else see it." He hands me a folded piece of paper and I take it, wondering what was inside.
"Everything you'll need to know is in that note. I'll be seeing you quite soon, Nicole." He got up and escaped out of my yard before my parents came out and asked what I was doing out here.
"Sorry, I was just fooling around. I'm coming in now." I put the knife in the sink and hurried up to my room. As soon as I could determine the coast clear, I opened the note the man gave me. It read:
Hello, Nicole. These are some things you're going to need to do if you want to keep up with me. They're all very easy and not too hard to follow, so I believe you can do fine.
1. Get a disguise and stick to it. Nothing ridiculous please. Once you've got your disguise, stick with it. No changing after you pick it.
2. Choose something to use as a good weapon in our killings. Anything but a gun. It is only the victims who need to make a sound not the weapon. Besides, you don't want to be caught, do you?
3. I will be testing you on how much you know about your scary movies. I suggest you brush up on those smarts of yours.
4. My cell phone number is at the bottom of this note. Put it in your list and have it on speed dial. I already know yours and will call you soon.
5. As you may suspect, I am a stalker. It's part of this game. Don't worry, though. I do most of the stalking and phone calls while you just help me kill.
If you can do good with this, you can pretty much do almost anything I ask of you. Destroy this note after reading it. You don't want your parents to get involved, right? Remember, Nicole, the clock is ticking and you need to complete everything on here before tomorrow. Oh, and the media is beginning to call me 'Ghostface' so you will address me as such. Good-bye.
I tore the note up into pieces and began doing what was needed to be done. It made me so grateful that school was canceled because of this guy. Ghostface...