‹ Prequel: The Creeper
Sequel: Pinhead

Ghostface

Eight

At the realization to this, I turned to leave but he pulled me back.
"Where are you going?"
"I-I really need to go somewhere right now."
"I thought you wanted some cheap priced movies."
"It's kind of you but I really need to go. I've got to be some place."
"No, you're coming with me." I reached for my phone and pressed Ghostface's number on speed dial before being flung against the wall and my phone landing on the ground. I heard a soft "Hello?" but nothing else as I continued to struggle with the man.
"What do you want from me?"
"I want you, bitch!" We struggled for what seemed to be a long time but was probably five minutes. He was choking me, kicking me, punching me until I fell down and couldn't breathe. I tried my best to keep up the fight and hoped that Ghostface got my message. I didn't want to feel like some damsel in distress but I had no chance against this guy. I needed saving or else...I really do not want to dwell on that thought! As he began gathering his strength, I was trying to get back my lost breath. He pulled me to a laying position and tried to force my pants loose. I fought with him to keep my pants zipped for what seemed like forever. After he finally got the best of me and unzipped them, the bell to the front door rang. Someone had came in for a visit to buy or rent a movie. I opened my mouth to scream but he covered me.
"I'll be out in a minute!" He yelled and then turned to me."You better do what's best and stay here. You got that?" I nodded and he got up to check on his customer. I sat there and started crying. All there was to do was take a look at what they have to offer, find something you may like, get it scanned, have it bagged, and then leave. For me, that almost takes forever because I want to see if the movie's any good before buying it. Mainly, if it appeals to my interest then I'll watch it. I'd like to yell. To run out of the little closed off section to whoever it may be so that I can get out of here. I cried harder at what is to come because I assumed this man was Ghostface. I barely know him myself but I can see that he would never do this to me. He doesn't even have the thoughts of it. But then again, I don't know. He wouldn't like me anyways. So, we may love horror films and I kill by his side. That doesn't mean he'd ever like me. In the middle of my thoughts, I heard some struggling from the front and grew confused. It sounded like someone was stubbing or falling many times. I'd like to peak my head out and see what was going on, but what if that guy was winning another fight with a helpless victim and he'd hurt me just for looking. I sat there and continued to cry silently. I didn't know what to do. What was I suppose to do? Then, the noise stopped and I heard soft little footsteps coming toward the closed off section. I rubbed my eyes, looked up, and saw a shadow come across the blocking wall. It peaked around the wall and out popped Ghostface's head. Oh my God, I'm saved!!! I wanted to get up and ran to him but I saw him just stare at me and wondered why. I looked down at my unzipped pants and fixed it quickly.
"There's a window in the back of that room," he whispered,"Escape out through there." He left and I got up to see that there truly was a window back here (I also got my phone!). Big enough for me to slip through and hopefully land safely. I opened it up, saw that it was not so far away from the ground, and jumped. As soon as I'd jumped, I began to wonder what to do next. This was all that he told me to do. Suddenly, I saw his car pull up and found the answer to my question. I ran to the passenger side, half ass attempted to put my seat belt on, and he sped off. I felt safe again, knowing that I was back with him.
"So, you got my call?"
"Yes." His tone was rather angry and frightening to my ears.
"Have I made you upset with that call?"
"No! It's not that!" I stayed quiet through the whole ride to his house. I don't know what it was but he sure was pissed. More pissed than I've ever seen him before. He drove up to his house and calmly closed the doors before punching the wall in his living room.
"What was it that I'd done wrong?"
"It's not you! It's nothing!"
"It doesn't look like nothing! What's going on?"
"You wouldn't understand. I'm not telling you anything." I sighed and sat down on his couch. I was still a little hurt from the attack and quite tired. Why is Ghostface so pissed off and what is it about? I could see it as my mistake for calling him for rescuing. But if that's not it, what could it possibly be? I felt a sinking to my left and saw Ghostface trying to relax.
"Look, Nicole, it's just something I have to deal with. I'm not mad at you."
"It's complicated, isn't it?"
"Yeah. You could put it that way." I couldn't deal with the stress right now. I'm being told to die every day by kids, my parents are growing very suspicious, and the media's always up our asses with the whole murder mysteries. With me telling this to Ghostface, he's under just as much pressure as I am. I guess we're just screwed either way.
"I think I should go home."
"Why?"
"I'm very tired. I need to rest from tonight."
"You can stay here if you don't want to disturb your parents."
"I'm okay. I just need to go."
"I'll drive you."
"I can walk. It's fine, Ghostface." I stand to get up but he takes my arm, softly, and puts me down. It wasn't like him to grab me like that.
"Why do you persist?"
"Why are you trying to keep me here?"
"I'd rather not see you hurt."
"Why do you care?"
"I'm your boss. Does it matter whether I care or don't care?"
"I don't know..." Truthfully, I wasn't tired. I was becoming sad because I really didn't want to put him through anymore crap than I find myself doing.
"Nicole, what's on your mind?"
"Does it matter what it is?"
"Yes. Just tell me." I hesitated for a bit and then turned to him, tears streaming down my eyes.
"I-I-I think i-it's safer if I st-stop be-being your accomplice."
"Why?"
"I don't want you to keep getting me out of bad situations. I don't want you to worry about me anymore or go out of your way to save me like tonight. I just don't want you to get in trouble."
"Nicole, I'm not in any danger with you like this. It's nothing."
"What if you get caught trying to help me and die or something?"
"Don't think like that." I couldn't help but notice that he was actually being nice to me. Like with the soft voice and calming words nice. But that only hurt worse because I know it won't be all right if this continues.
"Ghostface, just drive me home and forget about me, okay? I won't tell the police about you or anything."
"Nicole, just calm down and go to sleep." He picked me up, carried me to his bed, and laid me down. I was about to go to sleep and tried resisting because I didn't want this conversation to end.
"Nicole, what's the reason you want to stop killing with me?"
"Because-Because..." My eyes grew heavy and my voice went weak. Because I love you and I don't want you to get hurt...